Respawn has rolled out a new update for Apex Legends that addresses a number of issues with Caustic, as well as adding a new config commands for those on PC.
Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps issue, which caused damage to players through walls, has been fixed, as well as the exploit that allowed Caustic to place traps with zero cool down time.
PC players will see new config commands, one that lets you control the maximum framerate, and the two others additions allow for tweaking letterboxes in non-standard aspect ratios.
- Fixed the bug with healing items not functioning when using the keybinds for them.
- Fixed issue with players not being rewarded with Loss Forgiveness after their teammate left during an Apex Elite match.
- Made improvements so that Loss Forgiveness works more consistently in other cases where it wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed bug where Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps would damage players through walls.
- Fixed exploit where you could repeatedly place Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps with no cooldown.
- Fixed issue with “nerfed” skydiving from a Jump Tower.
- Resolved a number of localization issues for Xbox and PS4.
- Fixed issues with items sorting incorrectly when looting a deathbox.
- Fixed issues related to heavily decreased accuracy when ADS and sliding.
- Fixed audio bug related to Octane’s Jump Pad.
- Fixed a number of game logic script errors.
- [PS4 Only] Fixed bug with in-game reward message not displaying the right image for Playstation Plus subscribers [previously this was showing an orange and purple checker image instead of the right asset].
-New PC config commands now enabled:
Destiny 2 Departing Battle.net
Bungie has made some major waves over the past year in regards to the future of Destiny, first with the departure from Activision, and now they are coming off of Battle.net.
So what led to the decision to take Destiny off of Blizzard’s storefront?
“It just made the most sense at this point in time,” community lead David Dague said, during an interview with VG247. “We are finding a new home for the PC community on Steam. Anybody who owns Destiny content or has characters on Battle.net will be able to transfer those pieces of game ownership, or any of their loot, or any of their characters, or any of their stats and collections, over to Steam as a one-time transfer. We’ll have more news as to how all that works later on this summer.”
Fans will have to wait for it all to take place between now and September 17th, but Bungie assures that it won’t be a headache.
“Come to Bungie dot net and click all those buttons so that your Battle.net account becomes your Steam account and all of your Destiny character progression and your arsenal and your collections will come with you and will be waiting for you on September 17 when we start playing Shadowkeep,” Dague said.
Additionally, Bungie is looking to pour out more Destiny content, quicker, something that will surely make fans happier.
“Every year of Destiny’s been different and we’ve been evolving, we talk about industry trends,” Destiny 2 project lead Scott Taylor said, according to VG247.
“So what we’re doing right now is we’re doing these premium seasons that you can opt into. The thing that we’ve learned this year with annual passes that players want that, [they] want content to be coming as often as we can deliver it, so the annual pass model as opposed to the – I’m sorry, the a la carte, the season model here that we’re doing, we think is going to be continuing to evolve in that direction, where we’re delivering content as players want it.”
id Software Responds to Doom Eternal Criticism
id Software is hitting back following criticism directed at Doom Eternal regarding the UI. People simply hate it.
“The thing about the UI – when you actually play the game, and you have it in your hands, the game moves at about 200 miles an hour,” creative director Hugo Martin said, according to VG247.
“We’re throwing so much stuff at you, and when you’re in that situation, if you’re in a race car going that fast around the track, all of the messaging has to be big, bold and loud, otherwise you’re going to get fucking killed.
“So the colour of wheel is that way so that in a millisecond glance, you know what ammo you have, how much you have. Pickups are loud because you need those to survive in the game. The UI itself is meant to be big and bold, so that way, again, you don’t want to die because you didn’t know what state your resources were in.”
It’s best to remember that Doom Eternal is still in development, which is easy to forget, but something Martin wants people to remember.
“I would tell the fans, just play the game, and then tell me what you think,” Martin asked. “We are listening, though, we respect our fans tremendously, but it is built that way for a reason, to help you survive. And if you died because it was too subtle, there’s really not a lot about the game that can be subtle for a game that’s as action-packed and intense as our game is, because subtlety will get you killed.”
Catherine: Full Body Adding Persona’s Joker as DLC
Persona’s Joker seems to be popping up everywhere these days, and he will be heading to Catherine: Full Body next, as a DLC.
Persona’s Joke will arrive in Catherine: Full Body as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game, which will make him a playable character in the multiplayer mode of the game.
Joker, along with Phantom Thieves Commentary Set, will also be made available a standalone item after the game is released.
- Destiny 2 Departing Battle.net
- id Software Responds to Doom Eternal Criticism
- Catherine: Full Body Adding Persona’s Joker as DLC
- Dying Light 2 Gameplay Showcased at E3
- Brand New Apex Legends Patch Fixes Caustic Issues, Adds Config Commands for PC
- Warframe Nightwave: Intermission Give Players Chance to Earn Missed Loot
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Expansion Pass Features 3 DLCs
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out