A new patch for No Man’s Sky has arrived and update 1.55 is officially rolled out for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, addressing a number of issues and implementing some fixes, including the fix for a UI memory leak and crashes triggered by plants, freighters, and the creation of a race track in a borrowed Exocraft.
Additionally, the patch resolves a bug that would leave players stuck in The Purge and Ghost in the Machine missions, as well as the bug that would have Sentinels chase players endlessly unless those players had completed the final Weapon Specialist mission.
Here are the official patch notes, courtesy of their official website:
After the initial round of addressing high priority stability and performance issues, the team have been working intensely on a large number of gameplay fixes and improvements. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!
We have now released update 1.55 to PC, PS4, and Xbox One, which includes the fixes and improvements detailed below.
- Fixed a memory leak in the UI
- Fixed a number of crashes to do with freighters
- Fixed a crash that affected particular planets
- Fixed a crash that could occur while creating a race track in a borrowed Exocraft
- Reduced texture memory usage to improve overall stability
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in The Purge mission
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in the Ghost in the Machine mission
- Fixed an issue where players would receive incorrect mission instructions while returning with the Mind-Arc
- Fixed an issue where Sentinels would chase players forever if they did not complete the final Weapon Specialist mission
- Fixed an issue that was causing dialogue and rewards at certain found buildings to repeat (including Traveller graves and portal glyphs)
- Fixed an issue that caused players upgrading their save to not have any primary missions if they were on the tutorial for expanding their inventory when they upgraded to NEXT
- Fixed an issue that prevented pre-NEXT saves from accessing the Base Computer Archive missions
- Fixed an issue where some non-existent base parts were showing in the Guide
- Fixed an issue where legacy saves would not know the recipe for microchips, the large refiner and some advanced survival products
- Fixed an issue where trade commodities were not available for sale in the space station
- Fixed an issue where player ships could shoot themselves in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where some base parts were not available in the blueprint analyser
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck if they died before using the Navigation Data in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where the labels of hot / cold thermal protection upgrades were the wrong way around
- Fixed an issue where the Efficient Launch Thruster upgrade was not learnable in space stations
- Fixed an issue where terrain edits caused by building parts would regenerate in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where Base Computers placed inside other bases could not be deleted
- Fixed some instances of an issue where ships would all spawn on the same landing pad
- Fixed a number of incorrect refiner recipes
- Expanded the available refiner recipes
- Removed the chance to get nanites from Buried Technology Modules
- Reduced the frequency of storms in some situations
- Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel, but made one canister entirely refill the thrusters
- In normal mode, slightly reduced the base rates of hazard and life support fuel usage
- Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinel drones will investigate players
- Reduced the time required to scan discoveries with the Analysis Visor
- Increased the recharge rate of the jetpack when onboard a Space Station
- Since the release of No Man’s Sky NEXT, farm plants have grown in real-world time (rather than game time), allowing farms to continue growing while you are away from the game. As a consequence, adjusted farming times + prices.
- Placed the Space Anomaly marker on the entrance to the Anomaly rather than the centre of the model
- Fixed an issue where mission markers would not attach to the correct base
- Reduced the number of whispering eggs around Abandoned Buildings
- Fixed an issue with rain audio
- Added audio to the target tagging UI
- Fixed a bug in the auto-aim system concerning large creatures
- Reduced the critical hit zone for biological horrors
- Fixed an issue in creature replication that could cause creatures to freeze
- Fixed an issue where mordite would not be awarded to the correct player when killing creatures in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue that could cause the third person camera to turn sluggishly
- Fixed an issue where players respawning in Survival mode would have no life support and rapidly die again
- Fixed an issue where some of Nada + Polo’s missions had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some of the procedural missions given by NPCs had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some exotic biomes incorrectly reported their weather as fine or calm
- Fixed an issue where chairs did not display their text correctly
- Fixed an issue where the launch fuel tutorial did not trigger correctly
- Fixed a number of incorrect timings of mission update messages
- Fixed an issue where activating the torch did not close the quick menu
- Fixed an issue where Infra-Knife accelerator projectiles would originate from behind the player’s ship.
- Fixed an issue where the freighter would not be visible to other players in multiplayer
- Fixed a number of issues where expeditions would reward the wrong player in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where fleet frigates would return to the wrong location on completion of an expedition.
- Fixed an issue where changing between first and third person camera while on a ladder would break player animations.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose access to the main menu after reloading a save just after upgrading to NEXT
- On PC, pressing P will default to opening the Log rather than Options. Options continues to be the default option for Esc.
- Fixed an issue where Korvax eye textures would become misaligned.
- Fixed an issue where falling animations would not play
- Fixed an issue where the player would play the sliding animation while swimming
- Fixed an issue that would stop players from firing or reloading their Multi-Tool in specific situations
- Fixed an issue where Multi-Tool lasers would bend in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool glitched while going into the Analysis Visor
- Fixed a number of issues for players in specific timezones
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.
Realm Royale Heads to Open Beta Tomorrow
The battle royale based on the Paladins’ world and featuring the Paladins’ heroes, arrived in 2018 on PC, and it’s success pushed the title for a console release.
This is the first time the game will be available without the need of special invite codes.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Gameplay Preview
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Adds Modern Aiming Option
A brand new update rolled out for Halo: The Master Chief Collection that arrived last week has added a “modern aiming” feature to the gameplay.
343 Industries implemented the feature along with a number of fixes and playlist additions.
Here are the full patch notes:
In our November update, we asked that between November 19-30, players help us deal with the Infection that took over MCC by playing the Flooded Campaign Playlist. Many players heard this call to action and with your help, the flood have been successfully driven back.
FLOODED BY THE NUMBERS
- Total number of players who played the ‘Flooded’ playlist between 11/19 and 11/30: 18,042
- Total time played: Over 4 years and 4 months of game time
- Friendworthy: 2,520 played with a friend
Player Mission Completions:
- ‘343 Guilty Spark’ (Mission 1): 16,997 players
- ‘The Library’ (Mission 2): 14,041 players
- ‘Quarantine Zone’ (Mission 3): 12,057 players
- ‘Gravemind’ (Mission 4): 10,783 players
- ‘High Charity’ (Mission 5): 10,320 players
- ‘Flood Gate’ (Mission 6): 10,006 players
- ‘Cortana’ (Mission 7): 9,669 players
Multiple play throughs:
- ‘343 Guilty Spark’ (Mission 1): 654 players played multiple times
- ‘The Library’ (Mission 2): 420 players played multiple times
- ‘Quarantine Zone’ (Mission 3): 314 played multiple times
- ‘Gravemind’ (Mission 4): 233 players played multiple times
- ‘High Charity’ (Mission 5): 213 players played multiple times
- ‘Flood Gate’ (Mission 6): 199 players played multiple times
- ‘Cortana’ (Mission 7): 183 players played multiple times
Now that the flood has been handled, we can enjoy the snowy winter wonderland that has taken over our menus. The team is working on some additional special events and game takeovers for the future.
Back in December, we asked players to come play at least 12 matchmade games in the MCC Insider build prior to the holidays during the scheduled playtest times. Those who participated and played 12 complete games will receive their new Ugly Sweater Nameplate unlocks this week.
For everyone else, don’t fret – you can earn the Ugly Sweater Namplate! Anyone who played at least 12 complete matches during December will be granted the nameplate later this month. And, everyone who plays at least 12 complete matches in January, will receive the nameplate in early February. So, get out there and have some fun!
NEW FEATURE: “MODERN AIMING”
This feature is designed to help address feedback from some players that aim acceleration in MCC doesn’t “feel right.” The “modern aiming” option helps to smooth out the aim acceleration zones on your controller by using values that are more like H2A and H4 than the older legacy titles. The big difference you will notice is that the movement of your cursor is much smoother with these settings turned on and the aim acceleration zones in the diagonals are much harder to activate.
This new setting feels so good that it is turned on by default in the older titles. You can change this back to legacy via the Controller Settings menus.
NEW SKULLS FOR HALO: CE
Ramp up the challenge and further customize your Halo: CE Campaign experience with the addition of eight more skulls!
- Anger – Enemies and allies fire their weapons faster and more frequently.
- Bandana – Fixed a bug with this skull so now energy-based weapons have infinite ammo as well.
- Catch – Enemies throw and drop more grenades.
- Ghost – A.I. characters will not flinch from attacks, melee or otherwise.
- Sputnik – the Mass of objects is decreased, making them more easily displaced
- That’s Just Wrong – Strengthens the hearing of both allies and enemies. They will now notice the slightest sound of reloading or drawing a weapon, footsteps, etc. A.I. also have increased accuracy.
- Thunderstorm – Field Promotions to the ranks of all A.I. characters so they are more difficult to fight, smarter, and more dangerous.
- Tough Luck – Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, and never flee.
Along with today’s update, we are also making some changes inside of Social Matchmaking. We would like to welcome our latest rotational playlist to the lineup: “Super Duper Fiesta!” This preset includes a mix of Fiesta variants across H2C, H3, H4, and H2A. This will be replacing the “Team Action Sack” option for the time being (don’t fret Action Sack fans, it’s a temporary refresh). To play Super Duper Fiesta, go to “Social Games” and you’ll find it in the “GAME PRESET” option – note that it’s using the Action Sack icon but the description displays “SUPER DUPER FIESTA!”
We are also moving some of the game types that were in Action Sack to new homes. Full details below.
Match Composer Settings Changes:
- Removed Action Sack and replaced with Super Duper Fiesta!
- [4v4] Added a Super Duper Fiesta! Game preset.
- [4v4] [H2, H2A, H3, H4] Added Super Duper Fiesta! Entries.
- [8v8] [H3, H4] Moved BTB Heavies entries from Action Sack to Slayer at low weighting
- [8v8] [H4] Moved Dominion entries from Action Sack to King of the Hill.
With today’s update, Jan. 16, there’s only one notable change to the Matchmaking playlists – H3 Hardcore Team Doubles is being removed for now since the tournaments that relied on it are now complete and engagement has slowed.
MCC has also received several adjustments to Matchmaking Playlists over the past few weeks (all based on player feedback!). For details on all of the most recent playlist changes, please check out these posts on the official MCC Support Trello Board:
- MCC Playlist Update Details – Jan. 9
- MCC Playlist Update Details – Dec. 19
- MCC Playlist Update Details – Dec. 12
Here are the key bug fixes included in the January update:
- Cleansed the Flood infection from the main menu
- Added error handling to prevent users from joining each other from different versions of the game
- Fixed an issue where players could not enter gameplay using custom map or game variants in offline LAN
- Fixed an issue where menu music volume slider changes were not respected while in a squad
- Fixed some navigation inconsistencies in the main menu
- Fixed an issue where the descriptions for some campaign killstreak medals were inaccurate in the medal chest
- Fixed an issue that resulted in inconsistent hit detection against players with poor connections
- Fixed an issue where the Bandana skull did not grant infinite ammo to energy weapons in Campaign
- Fixed an issue where the Bandana skull did not grant infinite ammo to energy weapons in Campaign
- Fixed an issue where the Shade Turret was not appropriately displayed as the tool of destruction in the post-game carnage report
- Improved messaging around which playlists support co-op play
Forge & Films
- Fixed an issue where incorrect file sizes were being displayed for films
- Fixed an issue where the character limit for map variant names was displayed inaccurately in Halo 3
- Fixed an issue where players were forced to re-enter a map variant name after inputting an invalid description
Below are a handful of known issues that the team is aware of with the January update. Each of these issues is on the radar so no need to sound the alarm when providing feedback. These issues were initially messaged back in early December, so hopefully players have had adequate notice and time to plan accordingly.
Campaign Checkpoint Loss – Halo: Combat Evolved & Halo 3
Due to work being done in the campaigns for both Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 3, the mid-mission checkpoints for both HCE and H3 will be invalidated upon the installation of the January update. Please complete them prior to installing the patch or you will lose the checkpoint progress.
Spartan Ops mission completion badges missing
The team has found a bug in this update that causes Spartan Ops mission completion badges to not appear if they were earned in a previous version of the game (prior to the current updated build) or after the title is relaunched after they have been earned. The stats are being tracked appropriately and badges are awarded, but it’s just that they aren’t visibly appearing at this time. We are looking into a fix for this but wanted to inform players as this bug will be is in the January update.
In this build certain career stats may appear temporarily blank or not populate without first navigating to another stats page.
Campaign Playlist Progression Achievements
We have been investigating Achievement related queries players have been discussing in the MCC support forums for a while and have found an issue that is present with this update. Currently the ODST, Halo 4, and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists will not grant Achievements correctly when the playlist is started in a previous build, a player takes a new update, and then completes the Campaign Playlist on the updated build. We are investigating solutions for this currently.
As a reminder, bookmark the MCC Support Page on Trello for the latest known issues and overall MCC development status.
- Realm Royale Heads to Open Beta Tomorrow
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Gameplay Preview
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Adds Modern Aiming Option
- Fortnite Ice Storm Event Officially Kicked OFf
- Black Ops 4 to Receive Limited Time Mode Ambush Soon
- Overkill’s The Walking Dead Postponed
- New Update Arrives for Red Dead Online, Adds Gun Rush Mode
News5 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News2 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News4 weeks ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News6 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News6 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News5 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
News5 months ago
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailers Unveils Additional Features
News5 months ago
Gun Media Teases ‘Project Méliès’ But Fans Shouldn’t Show Interest, And Haven’t