A new patch for No Man’s Sky has arrived and update 1.55 is officially rolled out for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, addressing a number of issues and implementing some fixes, including the fix for a UI memory leak and crashes triggered by plants, freighters, and the creation of a race track in a borrowed Exocraft.
Additionally, the patch resolves a bug that would leave players stuck in The Purge and Ghost in the Machine missions, as well as the bug that would have Sentinels chase players endlessly unless those players had completed the final Weapon Specialist mission.
Here are the official patch notes, courtesy of their official website:
After the initial round of addressing high priority stability and performance issues, the team have been working intensely on a large number of gameplay fixes and improvements. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!
We have now released update 1.55 to PC, PS4, and Xbox One, which includes the fixes and improvements detailed below.
- Fixed a memory leak in the UI
- Fixed a number of crashes to do with freighters
- Fixed a crash that affected particular planets
- Fixed a crash that could occur while creating a race track in a borrowed Exocraft
- Reduced texture memory usage to improve overall stability
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in The Purge mission
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in the Ghost in the Machine mission
- Fixed an issue where players would receive incorrect mission instructions while returning with the Mind-Arc
- Fixed an issue where Sentinels would chase players forever if they did not complete the final Weapon Specialist mission
- Fixed an issue that was causing dialogue and rewards at certain found buildings to repeat (including Traveller graves and portal glyphs)
- Fixed an issue that caused players upgrading their save to not have any primary missions if they were on the tutorial for expanding their inventory when they upgraded to NEXT
- Fixed an issue that prevented pre-NEXT saves from accessing the Base Computer Archive missions
- Fixed an issue where some non-existent base parts were showing in the Guide
- Fixed an issue where legacy saves would not know the recipe for microchips, the large refiner and some advanced survival products
- Fixed an issue where trade commodities were not available for sale in the space station
- Fixed an issue where player ships could shoot themselves in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where some base parts were not available in the blueprint analyser
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck if they died before using the Navigation Data in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue where the labels of hot / cold thermal protection upgrades were the wrong way around
- Fixed an issue where the Efficient Launch Thruster upgrade was not learnable in space stations
- Fixed an issue where terrain edits caused by building parts would regenerate in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where Base Computers placed inside other bases could not be deleted
- Fixed some instances of an issue where ships would all spawn on the same landing pad
- Fixed a number of incorrect refiner recipes
- Expanded the available refiner recipes
- Removed the chance to get nanites from Buried Technology Modules
- Reduced the frequency of storms in some situations
- Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel, but made one canister entirely refill the thrusters
- In normal mode, slightly reduced the base rates of hazard and life support fuel usage
- Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinel drones will investigate players
- Reduced the time required to scan discoveries with the Analysis Visor
- Increased the recharge rate of the jetpack when onboard a Space Station
- Since the release of No Man’s Sky NEXT, farm plants have grown in real-world time (rather than game time), allowing farms to continue growing while you are away from the game. As a consequence, adjusted farming times + prices.
- Placed the Space Anomaly marker on the entrance to the Anomaly rather than the centre of the model
- Fixed an issue where mission markers would not attach to the correct base
- Reduced the number of whispering eggs around Abandoned Buildings
- Fixed an issue with rain audio
- Added audio to the target tagging UI
- Fixed a bug in the auto-aim system concerning large creatures
- Reduced the critical hit zone for biological horrors
- Fixed an issue in creature replication that could cause creatures to freeze
- Fixed an issue where mordite would not be awarded to the correct player when killing creatures in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue that could cause the third person camera to turn sluggishly
- Fixed an issue where players respawning in Survival mode would have no life support and rapidly die again
- Fixed an issue where some of Nada + Polo’s missions had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some of the procedural missions given by NPCs had untranslated text
- Fixed an issue where some exotic biomes incorrectly reported their weather as fine or calm
- Fixed an issue where chairs did not display their text correctly
- Fixed an issue where the launch fuel tutorial did not trigger correctly
- Fixed a number of incorrect timings of mission update messages
- Fixed an issue where activating the torch did not close the quick menu
- Fixed an issue where Infra-Knife accelerator projectiles would originate from behind the player’s ship.
- Fixed an issue where the freighter would not be visible to other players in multiplayer
- Fixed a number of issues where expeditions would reward the wrong player in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where fleet frigates would return to the wrong location on completion of an expedition.
- Fixed an issue where changing between first and third person camera while on a ladder would break player animations.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose access to the main menu after reloading a save just after upgrading to NEXT
- On PC, pressing P will default to opening the Log rather than Options. Options continues to be the default option for Esc.
- Fixed an issue where Korvax eye textures would become misaligned.
- Fixed an issue where falling animations would not play
- Fixed an issue where the player would play the sliding animation while swimming
- Fixed an issue that would stop players from firing or reloading their Multi-Tool in specific situations
- Fixed an issue where Multi-Tool lasers would bend in the wrong direction.
- Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool glitched while going into the Analysis Visor
- Fixed a number of issues for players in specific timezones
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.
Apex Legends Season 1 Adding 1 More Hero, New Weapon
Apex Legends Season One, Wild Frontier, will eventually roll out a brand new hero and a brand new weapon before the season comes to an end.
Epic Games Details Fortnite Update v8.20
Epic Games has outlined it’s upcoming update for Fortnite, v8.20 which will include fixes for Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and a Squad Fill preference bug.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
PUBG Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds just celebrated it’s 2-year anniversary and PUBG Corp. is showing their appreciation for players with a free, in-game cap.
The company also wrote a special message for fans on their official website:
“Dear PUBG Fans,
On March 23, PUBG celebrates its two-year anniversary since releasing to the public, and what an amazing two years it has been! We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings.
Reflecting on 2018 specifically, we began to tackle some of the issues that came with the lessons we’ve learned as a company, releasing several quality of life improvements and recommitting to higher quality, more stable builds. 2018 also saw the launch of our Training Mode and two brand new maps, the small but savage island map of Sanhok and the beautiful icy landscapes of Vikendi. Lastly, we brought the high intensity PUBG experience to our fans on console with official releases on both XBOX and PlayStation.
Last year also saw the growth of competitive PUBG with our PGI tournament in Berlin, the continuation of Broadcaster Royale tournaments alongside Twitch, and the organization of multiple PUBG pro esports leagues all across the world.
We’re extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished in 2018 and could not have achieved any of it without your love and support. As our thanks to you and to commemorate our second anniversary, a special anniversary item will be available in-game for free when Update #27 hits live servers, until 4/24 KST on PC and 4/9 – 5/7 on Console. To claim it, visit the in-game store and “purchase” the free item on PC or simply login during the event dates on Console.
But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.
We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.
Before we go, we want to leave you with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation.”
News4 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News7 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
News8 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News2 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News7 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
News2 weeks ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown