Ghost Recon Wildlands’ July update, which is entitled Special Operation 2, introduces a brand new PvE mission that is a crossover with Rainbow Six Siege, whose mission is called Operation Archangel.
The mission takes place in Caimanes, and completing it will net you the Caveira Gloves, and is available today, coming in at 18GB for consoles and 6GB on Steam.
Along with the update comes a new permadeath PvE Ghost Mode, two new PvP classes, a new map, and revamps the Prestige system.
Here are the patch notes:
AI TEAMMATE TOGGLE ON/OFF
You can now play all of our PVE Campaigns entirely solo, with no AI Teammates. Simply toggle them off in the game menu for a true, lone wolf experience. Be careful however, as this mode means that each down is counted as a death since there is no one to revive you.
Ghost Mode is a new permadeath PVE game mode for those really looking for a challenge. This new, free mode will be accessible through the main menu and can be played in both solo and co-op, and at any difficulty setting. In Ghost Mode you’ll only have one primary weapon to accompany your pistol and you’ll need to really think about when to reload, since the remaining bullets in your clip will be lost. Choose your weapons carefully since they can only be swapped out at ammo boxes. And to up the realism, we’ve also added friendly fire.
The realism and challenge of Ghost Mode will not be without its rewards, however. We will be adding milestones you can reach in this mode that will bring Prestige Credits among other rewards. Stay tuned for more intel on the well-deserved rewards this new challenge will bring.
On July 24th, Year 2 Pass holders will have one week early access to Ghost Mode.
CHARACTER / AI CUSTOMISATION
You will now be able to change the face and gender of your character and AI Teammates at any time.
Proximity Mines are now available in both PVE and PVP.
Things just got a lot more fun. We’ve added a new feature called “Social Items”, which consists of 3 new item categories: Emotes, Voice Lines and Victory Poses, allowing you to further personalize your Ghost Recon Wildlands experience. These items are unlocked through Battle Crates and equipped via a new Social Page.
In addition to the Comms Wheel, we now have the Social Wheel, allowing you to choose up to 5 Emotes and 5 Voice Lines to trigger. You can toggle between the Order Wheel and Social Wheel to access your Emotes.
Emotes are character animations that can be triggered at any time, such as Face Palm, Lock and Load, and Air Guitar, just to name a few. A maximum of 5 Emotes can be equipped in the Social Wheel at one time.
Voice Lines are sound barks that your character says that can be heard only by your teammates or co-players. From tactical to banter, a maximum of 5 Voice Lines can be equipped in the Social Wheel at one time. So ‘Watch your flank, Hero!’.
Victory poses are stances your character makes in the victory screen at the end of a Ghost War match, which all players can see. These are triggered automatically and only one can be equipped at a time.
A player can now join a custom lobby in a dedicated slot and act as an observer of the match. They will have specific tools at hand that make the match more spectator-friendly, being able to see a player’s location, loadout, deployed items, and follow their point of view. Additionally, observers have access to a free-roam camera, allowing you to roam the battle field. A great way to watch matches, this is also a great tool for players who want to watch and organize tournaments!
NEW CLASSES: SURGEON AND TOXIC
Nodding reference to two veteran Rainbow Six Operators, Doc and Smoke, two new Classes have come to the Wildlands: get ready for Surgeon and Toxic.
Surgeon is an Assault class that comes equipped with the famous MPD-0 Stim Pistol. This lets him heal and even revive downed team members by shooting them with it. It has 5 charges and a cooldown, but it’s a strong ability that lets him turn the tides of battle and keep his team in fighting shape for long periods of time. This, together with Surgeon’s passive HP bonus, make him a strong front-line contestant.
Toxic is a Support class that can operate a drone capable of shooting deadly sulfur bombs. These instantly create a gas area on impact that slowly but steadily damages all players caught in it, including allies. Toxic is extremely effective in negating cover for enemies, as the gas can infiltrate buildings, flushing them out for him and his teammates to take them down or stopping them in their tracks. As opposed to the Guerrilla class, the gas cloud does not blind players, and can be easily seen through.
These two Classes are available a week early through the Year 2 Pass, but can also be purchased with Prestige Credits one week post-update.
We’ve increased the Trapper’s available gas mines from 2 to 3, and have decreased his cooldown time from 40 to 30 seconds. We have decreased the fire rate for the PSG-1, but increased the damage for both the PSG-1 and the G28 rifles. The Desert Eagle is also available to pick as a handgun.
The Stalker can now destroy any drone with only 1 shot, and we increased the damage of the SRSA1 rifle.
We’ve reduced the recoil of the Guerrilla’s FAMAS G2 rifle.
We’ve reduced the speed of the Echelon’s sonar pulse, translating into a longer time interval between detecting enemies.
While using the sonar pulse ability, enemy player markers that are outside the screen area are now shown as out-of-screen markers, indicating the general direction of the ping.
Elimination Mode: Checkpoint Map
Our first Ghost War snow map, Checkpoint, is a small Santa Blanca checkpoint at the crest of a small mountain ridge in Inca Camina, that will give you the opportunity for both long and short-ranged combat. The large, snowy hills are the perfect home for a sniper’s nest, while a dense Santa Blanca outpost has just the right cover for CQC teams to engage the enemy!
Sabotage Mode: Factory
Factory is an industrial factory that has been taken over by the Santa Blanca to hide cocaine. The elevated areas of this map help to provide a fun mix of fast-paced CQC and mid-ranged sniping. Make sure to always cover your teammates’ six!
Earn Prestige Credits by completing our new Daily Challenges for Ghost War. You will receive one challenge each day, and can have a maximum of 5 open challenges at a time. They reward you with Prestige Credits depending on their difficulty and can be removed at any time to make space for new ones. Additionally, once per day, you can re-roll a challenge to instantly receive a new one in its place.
We’ve introduced a Progression Bar that tracks your Ranked progress and gives you feedback upon losing and winning matches. Now you can know your position in the current league, and how close you are to promoting or demoting Rank.
The Elite Rank will now tell you your exact position in that league, compared to other Elite players. Hence, your position may change depending on the progress of other players, even when you don’t engage in Ranked matches.
Double XP Event
A double XP event will now take place two times per week, each time lasting for 24 hours. This will double all XP sources inside a Ranked match, and will be showcased in the menu whenever it’s live.
The Prestige system and economy has been reworked to meet community feedback, to offer a more dynamic Ghost War progression experience.
Prestige will now be automatically activated upon reaching Level 50, after which you begin again at Level 1. Your unlocked classes, perks and bonuses will not be reset anymore upon activating your first level of Prestige. Every upgrade point will be automatically spent to unlock all non-prestige progression tree items. The Prestige level cap has been increased from 10 to 999, while the Prestige Credits reward per level-up has been decreased from 215 to 115.
We’ve introduced a new type of Crate called, Prestige Crates. Prestige Crates can only be purchased with Prestige Credits, each one containing a customization item. From now on, new customization items will be added to our Spec Ops and Ghost War Battle Crates, whereas Prestige Crates will contain previously released items (minus Icons, which remain available via our Battle Crates only). You can find the full list of all of our Battle Crate Items here.
Additionally, we’ve introduced a counter that increases by 1 for every new item gained from a Prestige Crate. For any duplicate items received, the increment counter increases by 1 and you will receive 10 Store Credits. Every time the counter reaches 20, you will receive a free Battle Crate and the counter resets itself.
The Store has been reworked and now features two different tabs – the Store and the Prestige Store. In the Prestige Store, you can buy any item that costs Prestige Credits, like Classes, Armory Packs, or Prestige Crates. This will also allow you to choose your preferred currency, between Prestige Credits or Store Credits, when buying Classes.
Armory Packs are an exciting way to further customize your Ghost War Classes. Purchasable via Prestige Credits, Armory Packs contain weapons that are currently available in the Campaign, but may not already exist in Ghost War. Additionally, they are Class-specific. Head over to your Progression Tab to use your Prestige Credits to unlock new weapons for your Classes.
Along with the new Prestige Economy, we have added some new ways to gain Prestige Credits. You can now gain them not only by unlocking Prestige in Ghost War, but via progression through the Campaign challenge system, Ghost Mode and Tier 1 Mode. PVP voting, PVP progression, and PVP Ranked Seasons will also yield Prestige Credits.
PC MENU TEXT CHAT
We have added the possibility for players to text chat inside the PC menus, either with every player inside the session, or simply with their own squad.
We introduced a new post-match screen where the winning team is showcased along with info about its members, while also showing their equipped victory poses.
PLAYER SQUAD SHOWCASING
You can now see which players are in a squad while matchmaking and playing online.
All Drones have had their maximum marking range decreased to 250m: Drone HUD’s will now signal this.
Spec Ops and Ghost War Battle Crates have a new range of customization items.
We’ve added new Rainbow Six Siege Operators to our current list of Icons: Jäger, Blitz, Zofia, Vigil, Blackbeard, Capitao and Jackal. Icons are only available through our Battle Crates.
Rainbow 6 Equipment Pack
This Rainbow Six Siege themed pack contains items that will help you achieve the look of your favorite Siege Operators. For both PVE and Ghost War, the Pack Revenge will contain a 1 Hole Balaclava, a Wrapped Shemagh, a Caveira Icon (including her iconic CQC), and a new Voice Line and Emote. The pack will also contain the 416 Rifle and the Luison weapon skin that are both available for use only in PVE. Please note that Caveira Gloves only unlock the position of nearby enemies in PVE.
– Fixed an issue where switching fast between Binoculars and Throwable-items would results in a loss of input
– Fixed an issue for the Echelon Player not being able to activate the Sonar ability while having the Nightvision turned on
– Fixed an issue for the Echelon’s Sonar Vision where out of FOV pings would not appear on screen
– Fixed an issue with the description for the Echelon/Trapper in the Progression tab
– Fixed an issue with the Echelon not receiving the Enforcer’s suppression full effect while using the Sonar ability
– Fixed an issue with the ‘Store’ button missing from the Progression tab
– Fixed an issue where the Echelon’s Sonar Vision ability effect would remain active on the End Session cinematic/screen
– Fixed an issue where the ‘Prestige Activation’ pop-up was triggered every time the User returned to the Ghost War lobby
– The HUD Preset pictures have been updated
– Fixed an issue for the Players hearing the same Sound FX as their enemy that got stunned by the Trapper’s KO-GAS Trap
– Fixed an issue with the Sentinel hearing a buzzing Sound FX when an enemy Tech activated the Jammer
– Fixed an issue with the Sentinel hearing a buzzing Sound FX when an enemy Tech activated the Jammer
– Added a ‘Reset’ action for Custom Match Settings
– Fixed an issue for the Spectators seeing the Echelon using Night Vision whenever he activated his Sonar ability
– Fixed an issue where the “Prone to defuse” message would be shown for KO-GAS Traps
– Adjusted the Minimap/HUD icon size and color for the Proximity Mine
– Fixed an issue where crouched/standing Characters would lack the Stunned Animation when affected by the KO-GAS Trap
– Fixed an issue where the Promotion Perk’s 10% bonus damage was not properly replicated to enemy players
– Fixed an issue where the User would receive an empty pop-up when trying to purchase a Class without having the necessary Upgrade Points
– Fixed an issue where the Spectator wouldn’t properly hear the Echelon’s Sonar Vision ‘traveling waves’ Sound FX
– Fixed an issue where the Player would have, for the entire session, the Trainee Perk’s bonus experience even when equipped for only one round
– Fixed an issue with the Warning pop-up getting triggered when applying any/no Graphic options during a match
– Fixed an issue where the Guerilla would show a different main weapon in the Store menu
– Fixed an issue where sometimes the Users couldn’t defuse the mines that were placed too close to the Radio
– Fixed an issue where the User wouldn’t receive any XP points upon defusing a mine
– Fixed an issue where the User wouldn’t receive an information pop-up when trying to buy the Hollow Point Ammo Perk with not enough Prestige Points
– Fixed an issue where a Support-class Player, standing inside Guerilla’s Smoke area, wasn’t able to mark enemies with his Drone
– Fixed an issue where the Defenders could plant mines in the Hostage’s cage
– Fixed an issue with the Medic Drone’s ‘Revive reticle’ snapping onto a teammate Sentinel’s SatCom Tracker
– Fixed an issue where the Noisemaker/Guerilla’s Drones would have a weapon model for the HotJoin Spectators
– Fixed an issue on the Trainyard map where the Player could get stuck between a sedimentation basin and some bagged rocks
– Fixed an issue where the Drone Pilot Perk granted 8 seconds of cooldown reduction instead of 30%
– Fixed an issue with Prestige Points not being granted on the first Rank-up
– Fixed an issue on the Loadouts tab where the damage info for the Proximity Mine was incorrect
– Fixed an issue where the Stalker Players weren’t receiving the “Cannot Mark” HUD feedback when attempting to mark an Assassin
– Fixed an issue on the Sabotage game mode where the TacMap timer wasn’t matching the in-game HUD timer upon activating the Radio
– Fixed an issue with the XP being awarded twice when the User marked an enemy with the Drone/Binoculars
– Fixed an issue on the Store page where the Class Training Pack description mentioned “Prestige Points” instead of “Upgrade Points”
– Fixed an issue where some Users lost input functionality when returning to the Ghost War Lobby after Season End
– Fixed an issue where an unnecessary button prompt would briefly appear when using the Tech’s Remote Jammer
– Fixed an issue where Players could trigger a KO-GAS Trap placed one floor above them
– Fixed an issue where Sabotage/Extraction game modes could’ve ended in a Draw
– Fixed an issue on the Urban Incursion map where the Player could remain stuck in some specific locations of the graveyard
– Fixed an issue where the Users would remain stuck on a corrupted Map Voting screen after a Host/Client would close the Game during the Setting-up Match phase
– Fixed an issue where the Player would maintain the Echelon’s Sonar Vision overlay after being revived while spectating him
– Fixed an issue where the Diversionist was hearing only the echo of his Noisemaker Drone’s ability
– Fixed an issue where the Mine could be triggered by a passing-by enemy Player during the “placing Mine” animation
– Fixed an issue on the Garage map where some props disappear from view if the Draw Distance setting is on Medium
– Fixed an issue from the Custom Lobby where the Back button would disappear after switching between tabs
– Fixed an issue with the Shadow Quality not being changed from Ultra when the Graphic Preset was set to Ultra
– Fixed an issue where the PlayStation Store icon would remain on-screen when the Players would accept a game invite from the Buy-Credits page
PS4 + XBOX:
– Fixed an issue with the Patch Notes not being smoothly scrolled
– Fixed an issue where Users could unlock in-game Store items without paying during a HotJoin
– Fixed an issue where the Operation:Watchman mission start/mission failed notifications were triggered after 4AM in-game time
– Fixed an issue where no Sound FX was triggered during a Karambit CQC takedown while holding a handgun or having the weapons holstered
– Fixed an issue where the ‘Use’ button was still present for Boosters that were already activated
– Fixed an issue where the last owned Battle Crate didn’t had an animation when opened
– Fixed an issue on the Charactersmith page where the Icons and Costumes tabs had different colors
– Fix TU13 bug where face and gender would not change back to original after equipping Icons
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Arriving October 31st
Nintendo has announced that Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be arriving a bit later than we had been anticipating.
Originally rumored to be arriving on October 4th, Nintendo of America has announced that the game will instead arrive on October 31st.
PUBG Update 4.1 Now Live
A rather large update for PUBG has rolled out and update 4.1 marks the first update in Season 4.
Here are the official patch notes, per the PUBG blog:
Welcome to PUBG SEASON 4! Quick note before we start! As we take a glimpse into Erangel’s past, it’s the perfect time to talk about the future of PUBG’s seasonal content. Going forward, game updates will revolve around new seasons, which will feature new content, skins, gameplay updates, and Survivor Pass with plenty of missions and rewards to enjoy and enrich your experience on the Battlegrounds. This also means we’ll be naming our updates a little differently. For example, this is the first update of Season 4 on PC, so it will be referred to as “PC Update 4.1” in the patch notes. Season 4 will launch on consoles in late Summer!
PUBG SEASON 4 unveils a stunning new visual update for Erangel and reaches back into the undiscovered history of the infamous island that captured the world’s attention with Battle Royale. Erangel, which has a special home in the hearts of many of us, now features refreshed buildings, upgraded graphics, and some revelations as to the island’s combat-scarred history.
Erangel Visual Update
“Everyone is searching for themselves. That search ends here. Welcome to the Battlegrounds.”
Since launch, millions of players have dropped into Erangel to take part in PUBG’s heart-pounding take on Battle Royale. It’s with that same passion that we dove into this visual update with the goal of bringing our most classic map in line with our more recent offerings, all without losing the magic that made it a fan favorite in the first place. To the players that helped us fine tune the island during our recent testing, we salute you. This island is your home, too. From standard complexes to major landmarks like Mylta Power, we’ve improved the graphical quality of Erangel’s various areas and terrains across the board.
We’ve updated existing terrain, signage, and buildings and have added a small number of buildings to some areas as well.To better illustrate Erangel’s history, terrain elements have been added or revised.
- Trenches, blast marks, camo nets, and abandoned tanks have been added across different areas of the map.
- Added barriers along the shore in some locations.
- Based on player feedback gathered during the testing period, we’ve made the following changes:Grass density and color saturation have been reduced.
Overall brightness has been reduced.
Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath
“Explore the Battlegrounds like never before!”
Along with the new season comes an all-new Survivor Pass! Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH reveals the past and present of Erangel through skins and items from the island’s broad history. There are over 100 rewards to unlock by completing a variety of missions and leveling up your pass. Brand new to AFTERMATH is the addition of a cooperative mission system where players can work together to complete mission goals and earn rewards. The mission change system has also been improved, allowing players to use BP to swap out more missions than before.
Pick up Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH today and explore the Battlegrounds like never before!
Survivor Pass Period
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH begins July 23rd PDT and runs through until October 15th PDT ending with the live server maintenance (12 weeks in total).
Premium Pass and Level-up Items
- The Survivor Pass and Level-up Items will be on sale until the season ends.
- Level-up items can be purchased in 5, 20, 30, and 50 level amounts and are available in the in-game store.
New Cooperative Mission System
Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH has a new cooperative mission system that allows players to work together towards milestones and rewards.
- You can view the mission progression gauge on the mission tab, and receive rewards when each step is completed.
- There are 5 phases in total, each with a unique reward upon completion.
Improved Mission Change System
- You can swap out up to 3 daily missions per day for free. BP can be used to swap out additional daily, or even weekly missions.
- Players who complete all 3 daily missions can use 1,500 BP to get a new set of daily missions to complete.
- When unlocking new rewards, a prompt will now allow you to go directly to the appearance tab by clicking the button in the popup.
General Mission Details
- Mission update schedule
- Daily Missions: Reset daily at 7:00PM (PDT).
- Weekly Missions: Reset weekly at 7:00PM every Wednesday (PDT).
- Premium, Season, and Challenge Missions: Available for completion for the duration of PUBG SEASON 4.
- Premium Missions: These are additional missions for those who purchase the Survivor Pass. Rewards are granted upon completion of a set of missions.
- Season Missions: These missions are available throughout the duration of PUBG SEASON 4, with 5 mission sets (2 for free / 3 for pass holders) and grant new rewards.
Survival Title System Season 4
“Rise up. Take your time, take chances.”
Survival Title Season 4 has arrived with new season rewards!
- Survival Title System Season 4 begins once PC Update 4.1 hits live servers.
- Survival Points (SP) earned from the previous season are soft-reset.
- Your previous SP is reset, although it’s taken into account when determining your starting SP for the new season.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.
“Equal opportunity looting.”
For PUBG SEASON 4, we rebalanced many of the game’s weapons and vehicles. The patch includes balance adjustments to not only existing weapons and items, but also our first rebalance on vehicles. As always, we will be listening to feedback on the balancing, so please let us know how the all the changes feel together.
There are a whole lot of changes in this patch, so be sure to check out everything below! Because knowing is about fifty percent of the battle.
Weapon & Item Balance Update
- Increased base damage of Kar98k from 75 to 79.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S12K from 22 to 24.
- Increased per pellet base damage of Sawed-off from 20 to 22.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 from 24 to 26.
- Increased effective damage over distance for all SMGs.
- Slightly increased damage multipliers for SMGs:
- Torso 1.05 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.3 (previously 1.25).
- Increased damage multipliers for Crossbow:
- Torso 1.4 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.2 (previously 0.9).
- ADS zoom for default crossbow sight increased by 3%.
- Laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols was decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads shooting with pistols will now be 70% more accurate when laser is attached).
- Reduced base damage of M24 from 79 to 75.
- Reduced base damage of Beryl M762 from 46 to 45.
- Reduced base damage of AKM and Groza from 49 to 47.
- Reduced base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L and AUG from 43 to 41.
- Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.
- Duckbill attachment now distributes bullets vertically instead of horizontally.
- Crossbow will now have a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt for easier aiming.
- Added top rail to Uzi to allow Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.
Vehicle Balance Update
- Improved handling of RWD vehicles (Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, Tukshai).
- Regular and three-seater motorbikes stabilization improved.
- Increased maximum speed of Scooter from 90 to 105 kph.
- Greatly improved handling of Buggy and Increased Buggy’s wheels durability by 50%.
- Increased max speed of Buggy from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
- Increased HP of UAZ from 900 to 1200.
- Increased HP of Tukshai from 500 to 1000 as well as increased max speed of Tukshai from 70 to 85.
- Decreased HP of Mirado from 1000 to 900.
- All motorbikes will now consume roughly 50% more fuel than before.
- Decreased acceleration and boost multiplier rate for Dacia. Maximum speed will stay the same.
- Dacia and Mirado vehicles speed will now be reduced by around 15% when driving on surfaces like sand, mud, grass, dirt.
- When driving on rocky surface with any vehicle, friction will be decreased by 10% making them more difficult to control.
- Introduced BRDM-2 specific vehicle damage modifiers per game mode.
- Increased damage taken in Solo mode by 80%.
- Increased damage taken in Duo mode by 40%.
- Implemented new Buggy and Mirado sounds.
- Visual effect while using boost has been removed and replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
- Improved aiming while inside vehicles to be more steady.
- Improved the FPP camera view inside most vehicles.
- Added auto-acceleration to vehicles (identical to auto-run feature)
- Auto-Acceleration can be activated with ‘=’ key just like auto-run.
- Added “locking” mechanism to BRDM-2.
- Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
- When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
- Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
- Only the driver can control this feature.
- Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
- Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
- Use F5 key to play or stop the music, Use F6 to change music. The mouse wheel can be used to control music volume.
- Music will stop playing automatically after a full song.
- Music can be stopped by destroying or flooding the vehicle.
Healing and Boost Item Improvements
- Healing and boost items can now be used while moving.
- You’ll be limited to walking speed only.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing/boosting.
- Bandages will now be used continuously until the player fully heals to the maximum of 75% health, or runs out of bandages, without the need to manually use bandages multiple times.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing.
- First Aid Kits can no longer heal additional damage you receive after the healing starts.
- Previously, if damage was taken after the 2-second healing period had started, any additional damage received would be healed if the total healing amount was still 75% or less.
Visual Effects Improvements
- Optimized and reworked the visuals of the Molotov Cocktail.
- Optimized and improved weapon and vehicle shaders.
- Optimized and improved Frag Grenade explosion effects.
- Different effects will be used depending on the surface the Frag Grenade explodes upon.
- Optimized and differentiated muzzle flash effects for each weapon.
Radio Message Marker Distance Adjustment
- The maximum range of automatic marker placement using Radio Messages has been reduced from 500m to 300m.
Implemented Solution to Alleviate FPS Affecting Rate of Fire
In February, we announced our plans and begun testing a solution to help alleviate FPS Affecting RoF. From the results of the testing period and after additional development work, we’re now adding the solution to the live server.
- Weapon rate-of-fire is now less affected by FPS.
- Improved rate-of-fire consistency at low FPS.
Erangel Blue Zone Balance Changes
We’re making changes to the Blue Zone on Erangel thanks to player feedback and changes in gameplay since the most recent Erangel rebalance. The experimental Blue Zone was trialed on the test server during the Erangel Visual Update, and based on player feedback we have applied a few more adjustments.
- The size of the safe zone in early phases has been reduced.
- Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases has been reduced.
- Movement speed of the Blue Zone during some mid and late phases has been decreased.
- Blue Zone waiting time for the final phase has been reduced.
Turntable Added to Erangel
Added a new playable Turntable which can be found across Erangel.
- Turntables are spawned randomly on Erangel. Press the use key to turn the music on/off.
- Turntables can be destroyed.
- Music played on the Turntable can be heard by all nearby players.
- Music will stop playing automatically after one song.
Character Customize Tab UI Update
Customize tab UI update
- Removed sub-tabs and re-categorized various elements under the customize tab.
- Changed default sorting order of items by quality grade (previously date acquired).
- Newly acquired items appear first temporarily until the notification is acknowledged.
- When acquiring new items you’re now prompted to go directly to the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
- New categories added:
- Vehicle: New vehicle skins have been added.
- Utility: Inventory is now located in Utility.
- Menu background and character rendering
- Effects have been improved to better fit the lobby background.
Store UI Improvements
- Added the Survivor Pass 4 page, where you can access the pass details page, purchase page, and pass progress.
- When purchasing an item in the store, you can go directly to the category screen of that item in the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
Weapon Mastery UI Improvements
- Improved UI elements such as icons and other aspects of the layout in the Mastery tab.
- The Last Match Report notification at the upper right side of the lobby will no longer show if no Weapon Mastery XP is earned in the last match.
- Time bonus values, which were incorrectly displayed in the match result screen, have been fixed.
Adjusted Plane UI
- Plane map UI now resizes dynamically when zooming in the map.
Wheel UI Improved
Wheel size has been reduced, and its location has been moved from the center to the right side of the screen.
- Wheel responsiveness has been improved.
- Mouse direction indicator has been added to the center of the wheel.
- Removed screen blurring effect around the wheel UI.
- Order of items inside the healing wheel UI have been changed.
- Total emote wheel slots reduced from 12 to 8.
Matchmaking System Update
With this update, we made some significant changes to matchmaking. We have been working to resolve issues around extended matchmaking times in some regions and have made a number of improvements to allow players, and the system, to adapt to regionally specific needs.
For more details on the matchmaking system update, please refer to our Dev Letter: Matchmaking System Update.
AS, KR/JP, SEA, EU Regions
Currently matchmaking system is fully functional in these regions without any major issues. The matchmaking system for these regions will remain mostly unchanged. In rare instances of extended wait times, a pop-up window will suggest and facilitate switching to another mode/region for faster matchmaking.
Due to some difficulties players have experienced with lengthy matchmaking times, we’ve altered the map selection options available and made some additional changes to improve matchmaking times.
1. Featured Map option + Random Map option
- A featured map option will be available temporarily with the release of the Erangel Visual Update, alongside the random map option, which is an equal chance of the remaining 3 maps.
- After the initial Erangel Visual Update release period, the featured map option will be removed, with only the random map option available.
In situations of extended matchmaking times, players will be prompted with the option of switching to another mode or region.
2. Preset Match
A new match option “preset match” will be provided, allowing players to select the map they wish to play.
- Random Squad is only available in Preset Match, so you won’t be able to enter these matches as pre-made team.
- “Preset match” consists of 8 total sessions which include one for each perspective and map in squad mode.
- TPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- FPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- There is no lobby in the “preset match”. Once 80 players have joined, players will head directly to the in-game lobby.
- The session will wait 2 minutes for additional players once the in-game lobby has been created.
- When the match starts, a new session will be created in the preset match list.
- “Preset match” uses standard game settings and players can still earn rewards and progression through all systems, as they would with a standard match.
OC, LATAM (SA) Regions
- These regions have been experiencing a severely impacted matchmaking experience.
- Only random map selection will be available to help facilitate healthy matchmaking times.
- Maps are randomly selected with an equal chance among the 4 available.
- If players experience lengthy matchmaking times due to an insufficient matching pool, a prompt will allow players to switch to another region or mode for a faster matchmaking time.
Reflecting player feedback, the chance of Moonlight weather on Vikendi has been reduced to the percentage chance it had prior to the recent increase.
- In celebration of PUBG Nations Cup to be held from August 9 to 11, 2019, at Jangchung Arena, Seoul, we’ve made added various themed elements to the game!
- PUBG Nations Cup decals, billboards, signs and a plane banner have been added.
- For detailed information about PUBG Nations Cup, please visit the official PUBG Esports website.
Skins & Items
- PUBG Nations Cup Frying Pan has been released!
PUBG Nations Cup Pan sales will be available from after July-31 live server maintenance, until August 14th (KST).
- PUBG Nations Cup Pan will be available for $9.99 USD (price may vary slightly regionally).
- Map loading speed has been improved.
- Improvements have been made to reduce instances of hitching/stuttering.
- Optimized calculation of character movement outside the player field of view to improve performance.
- The replay version has been updated. Past version replay files are now unavailable for use.
Observer UI Improvements
- Observer UI has been improved in the following areas:
- Damage UI
- Team and player list
- Name layout and tags
- Fixed an issue where map boundary collision could prevent the parachute from deploying.
- Fixed an issue where smoke grenades could float above the ground in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where teammate UI wasn’t displayed correctly in Platoon Mode custom matches.
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall outside the playable area.
- Fixed an issue where the exact dropped location of Care Packages could be marked by using markers deployed with the Radio Message system while the Care Package was mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where players could enter the BRDM-2 at speeds higher than intended, without receiving damage.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to receive damage unintentionally when exiting a vehicle in water.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the R1895 animation to be played on another weapon in specific situations in FPP.
- Fixed issue where the Extended Quickdraw mag did not properly improve the reload time for the Tommy Gun and Vector.
- Fixed an issue where players behind walls could be damaged by vehicles in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where the reload animation could be cancelled, yet still allow a full reload, when dropping other equipped weapons.
- Fixed an issue where certain sounds from other players could be heard when observing and switching between teammates.
Apex Legends Rolls Out New Update
A new update has been rolled out by Respawn Entertainment for Apex Legends.
Players will need to download the patch before they play as the update implements a number of needed fixes.
The full set of patch notes are below:
- Fixed issue where Lifeline’s D.O.C.’s Shock Finisher preview video not playing when viewed from the menu.
- Fixed issue with text overflow on the stats page.
- Fixed some cases of crashes related to game logic, client, and script errors.
- Fixed cases of players being set in non-optimal data centres.
- Season 1 stats have been temporarily removed as we work on some issues with it.
- Fixed bug where players would unlock the level 94 Battle Pass reward before they should [Octane’s loading screen].
- Fixed exploit where the Havoc could fire full auto without charging up.
- Fixed some cases of the care package clipping through map geometry.
- News8 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News7 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News4 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News6 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster