Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 arrived to rave reviews, and it seems that everyone, everywhere is playing the new title, and creating a ton of new content on their Twitch streams dedicated to the highly anticipated game that has already developed a mass following.
With most every launch, a number of issues popped up in the game including emote peeking, spawn issues, PC crashes, and a hardcore Razor Wire team killing bug, issues that the development team has worked on addressing, while also outlining what is coming down the line.
Here is a complete update:
Launch day tweaks:
- Made many stability and UI improvements based on early tracking of live issues prior to official launch.
- Fixed an issue where Free-for-All players could sometimes appear on a team together.
- Players are now granted bonus XP for unlocking Reactive and Mastercraft camos.
- Corrected some inaccurate Challenge descriptions.
- Turned on Easter Eggs for all Zombies levels.
- Addressed some issues with Merits and stat tracking.
- Framerate cap increased to 160 FPS; uncapped framerate planned in the coming days (PC).
- Fixed an issue causing a UI error to appear when right-clicking characters in the Personalization menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused UI elements to persist on screen when opening the Player menu at the same time as a match starting.
- Fixed an issue causing the Social and Settings menus to be inaccessible when spectating in Blackout.
- Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
- Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.
- Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.
- Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).
- Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.
- Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.
- Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.
- General stability and crash fixes across all modes.
- Mastercraft camos can now be properly unlocked.
- Adjusted unlock requirements for the active camo on Signature Weapons (MX9, Strife).
- Prevented Scorestreak kills from counting toward progress in certain Challenges.
- Addressed an issue that occasionally prevented players from unlocking Ajax.
- Fixed an issue where Trauma Kits would occasionally not work properly.
Apex Legends Season 1 Adding 1 More Hero, New Weapon
Apex Legends Season One, Wild Frontier, will eventually roll out a brand new hero and a brand new weapon before the season comes to an end.
Epic Games Details Fortnite Update v8.20
Epic Games has outlined it’s upcoming update for Fortnite, v8.20 which will include fixes for Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and a Squad Fill preference bug.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
PUBG Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds just celebrated it’s 2-year anniversary and PUBG Corp. is showing their appreciation for players with a free, in-game cap.
The company also wrote a special message for fans on their official website:
“Dear PUBG Fans,
On March 23, PUBG celebrates its two-year anniversary since releasing to the public, and what an amazing two years it has been! We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings.
Reflecting on 2018 specifically, we began to tackle some of the issues that came with the lessons we’ve learned as a company, releasing several quality of life improvements and recommitting to higher quality, more stable builds. 2018 also saw the launch of our Training Mode and two brand new maps, the small but savage island map of Sanhok and the beautiful icy landscapes of Vikendi. Lastly, we brought the high intensity PUBG experience to our fans on console with official releases on both XBOX and PlayStation.
Last year also saw the growth of competitive PUBG with our PGI tournament in Berlin, the continuation of Broadcaster Royale tournaments alongside Twitch, and the organization of multiple PUBG pro esports leagues all across the world.
We’re extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished in 2018 and could not have achieved any of it without your love and support. As our thanks to you and to commemorate our second anniversary, a special anniversary item will be available in-game for free when Update #27 hits live servers, until 4/24 KST on PC and 4/9 – 5/7 on Console. To claim it, visit the in-game store and “purchase” the free item on PC or simply login during the event dates on Console.
But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.
We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.
Before we go, we want to leave you with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation.”
News4 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News7 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
News8 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News8 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News7 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive