Friday the 13th: The Game is introducing an update that will help balance out the selection process when it comes to who will play as Jason in a particular lobby.
I’ve long seen this as an issue, as I have recently set my preferences to be ‘Jason’ as opposed to being selected as a ‘Counselor’ in the hopes that I could play Jason more than I was, which wasn’t much.
Now, in an effort to help balance out the selection process, the team behind the game announced the following on their official website forum:
“Hello slashers, today let’s talk about changes coming to how Jason is selected in Quick Play matches of Friday the 13th: The Game.
With the next update we will be introducing a behind-the-scenes ticket system that improves the selection process governing which player is selected to be Jason. Players who have marked Jason as their spawn preference are given a surplus of tickets. Each time they’ve played Jason, tickets are subtracted, to reduce the chance of a single player being selected in back to back rounds, even when switching lobbies. An exception would be if that player switched to a lobby with players who have all indicated a preference for playing Counselors.
Counselors – in the event that everyone in the lobby has their preference set to Counselor, one of you will still be selected to play as Jason.
What happens if two players have the exact same amount of tickets, and neither have played Jason lately? The system will randomly select a ticket, and the owner of that ticket will be selected as Jason for the round.”
Apex Legends Patch Arrives
As we talked about on Monday, a new Apex Legends patch has arrived and it addresses a number of issues with some fixes, and some tweaks.
Here are the patch notes for 1.1.3:
Audio fixes and improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit detection fixes and omprovements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” banner bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Developer’s Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
Crashes specific to Intel CPUs (PC Only)
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed.
Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
Mobius Digital has officially announced the release date of it’s new open-world, space-based game Outer Wilds, and it’s coming next week.
The new space exploration game will officially arrive on May 30th for PC and Xbox One.
The following trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
Maze Theroy, the team behind virtual reality titles such as The Vanishing Act, has announced a “feature length” VR game that will make comic book fans smile from ear to ear.
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is set to arrive this September for PSVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, and Vive Cosmos.
“The Doctor has been hurled through time to the end of the universe. A virus that threatens to rip apart reality itself has been unleashed. Players can pilot the TARDIS on a journey across worlds both familiar and strange to recover a series of powerful time crystals that can repair spacetime and ultimately save the universe itself.”
The following teaser trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
- Killing Floor Bundle Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Launch Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Anniversary Event Kicks off May 21st
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News9 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December