Gearbox is setting up for the Borderlands 3’s Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite which is set to arrive on November 21st.
According to the post on the Borderlands 3 website: “The Borderlands Show episode 2 is in the books, and if you missed the livestream on the official Borderlands Twitch channel, you can catch a VOD of the full episode above. Our regular hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella from Kinda Funny were joined by Head of Gearbox Story Group Randy Varnell to dig into some spoiler-heavy discussions of Borderlands 3’s story, take a first look at the free Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite endgame content, and reveal a SHiFT code for the Spooky Surprise closing out the Borderlands Anniversary Celebration.
We know you like free stuff, so we’ll cut right to the chase with that Spooky Surprise SHiFT code. Redeem the time-limited SHiFT code below to claim four creepy Vault Hunter Heads, one for each Vault Hunter, that’ll definitely strike terror into the hearts of your enemies—and in the case of Moze’s horrifying clown mask, might make them pee a little.
Once you’ve claimed your Vault Hunter Heads, it’s time to talk Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite. Like the ongoing Bloody Harvest event, Takedowns are more free content being added to Borderlands 3, but unlike the seasonal events which are only available for a limited time, Takedowns are permanent additions that you can take on when you feel you’re ready. The only prerequisite to tackling a Takedown is completing the main story campaign, but it’s strongly recommended that you first take your Vault Hunter all the way to level 50 and collect plenty of Legendary gear to hone your preferred build.
If you’ve fought your way through Borderlands 3’s campaign, you already know how doggedly the Maliwan corporation wants you dead. With its seemingly infinite army of soldiers outfitted with highly advanced tech, Maliwan’s forces pose a threat not just to you and your fellow Vault Hunters, but the galaxy at large. Lorelai helped lead the charge against Maliwan’s troops during their attempted hostile takeover of the Atlas corporation on Promethea, and she’s wary that they might come back to try and finish the job. In order to stave off another potential invasion, she’s asking you to take the fight directly to Maliwan with a preemptive strike on one of their most secure, highly guarded facilities. It sounds like a suicide mission, but you’ve survived plenty of those before. Enter the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite.
As Randy Varnell stated during The Borderlands Show, Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite is “designed to be a four-player co-op mission at level 50,” and the enemies there will all scale to that level by default. You have the option to attempt this Takedown solo, but don’t be surprised if you don’t even make it past Maliwan’s first line of defense. Fortunately, Public Matchmaking will be an option for Takedowns, so even if you don’t run with a dedicated crew of Vault Hunters, you can team up with matchmade strangers and venture into the Takedown’s brutal test of skill.
Unlike the rank-and-file infantry you’ve blasted before, only the most elite Maliwan soldiers have been stationed to guard Maliwan’s Blacksite. You’ll encounter tons of SpecOps Maliwan squads on this all-new map, plus three incredibly tough boss fights. Randy alluded to some of the new Maliwan mercenaries awaiting your arrival, like Riot Troopers whose shields absorb elemental damage that can be directed back at you, and Stealth Troopers who can fully cloak as if they’ve carefully studied FL4K’s Fade Away Action Skill. You’ll encounter even more enemy variants if you’ve got what it takes to brave the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite on True Vault Hunter Mode. The Borderlands Show also gave you a quick glimpse of Wotan The Invincible, a mechanical behemoth of a boss that fires missile barrages from behind its massive shields.
Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite is some of the most challenging Borderlands 3 content yet, but the potential rewards are worth the risk. You can score all kinds of loot in the Takedown that you won’t find anywhere else, including some of the best shields in the game and even exclusive Vault Hunter Head and Skin options. Takedowns are tuned for about 30-45 minutes of nonstop action. “[They’re] probably a little bit longer than the Proving Grounds right now, but not too long,” Randy explained on The Borderlands Show. “We still like that you can come play a session, then either replay it or take a break and come back tomorrow. It’s designed to be replayable content.”
Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite will be coming to Borderlands 3 on November 21, so you’ve got some time to prepare your best builds and start strategizing with a group of like-minded Vault Hunters who are up to the task. We’ll have more to share about the Takedown at Maliwan’s Blacksite in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back on Borderlands.com—and you can catch the next episode of The Borderlands Show during the week of November 18 for even more reveals and in-depth Borderlands discussion.
*Offer good until 11/5/19 AT 12:00 AM PT or while supplies last. Limit one per person. Must be 18 or older. Void where prohibited. For complete terms, go to https://borderlands.com/borderlands-3-spooky-surprise-terms
Saints Row Updates Tackles Over 200 Bugs, Focusing on Stability, Co-Op
A brand new updated primed for Saints Row has dropped, and it focuses on addressing and fixing over 200 bugs, along with a specific focus on stability, Quality of Life, co-op, and gameplay issues.
According to the official patch notes:
In this update we have:
• Focused on improving the co-op player experience by fixing many community reported issues
• Increased stability in both single player and co-op play
• Fixed issues with some challenge rewards not being granted to the player
• Fixed visual issues with customization
• Added important new quality of life features for vehicles, combat, UI and other parts of the game
• Plus even more! Read the full set of change notes below to get the full picture.
Combat should now feel more balanced and engaging, and winning fights should feel more rewarding:
• We have made several improvements to aiming
• We’ve rebalanced combat by drastically reducing the damage of enemy shotguns and SMGs across the board. This should make several key encounters fairer and more fun
• We’ve rebalanced most of the Weapon Ultimate Challenges, simplifying them to make progression feel more rewarding
• Weapon Ultimates now unlock automatically when the challenge is complete so you can get to causing havoc with them right away
• We’ve tweaked the time given to interrupt enemy call-ins for support
• We’ve tweaked the scaling of notoriety to allow players to react to and escape the notoriety loop easier
• We’ve reduced the frequency of stylized deaths on easiest difficulty.
Managing and using your fleet of incredible vehicles should now feel far slicker:
• There are seven new Garage locations throughout the world that unlock at the start of “Chop Shop”, so you now have way more options for dropping off and obtaining stored vehicles
• We’ve improved Garage Vehicle list management. You can now favorite, like, and view recent vehicles in the Garage
• We freed up over 50 vehicle customization save slots
• We introduced “vehicle templates” as rewards instead of saving the vehicle to the player’s garage automatically, allowing players to retain more custom vehicle save slots
• We expanded the Vehicle Delivery options with a full garage list, including favorites, liked, and recent vehicles
• We added new drop off location visual telegraphs to the HQ and new Chop Shop locations for driven and flown vehicles.
We’ve made the first in a series of future changes to make the city and activities within the open world of Santo Ileso more immersive and rewarding:
• We’ve introduced new progression tiers to district completion. Players will now see Saints roaming the streets when they have completed the criminal venture and district threats. At 100% completion, even more Saints will spawn
• We’ve significantly reduced the number of Bright Future Disposals required to completed the venture
• “Chop Shop” vehicle delivery is now accepted at all new locations
• We’ve improved the discovery radius on some collectibles, making them easier to find while exploring the city
• A new voice Pitch Slider during customization will permit players to use a huge new range of voices
• Players now have the ability to equip weapons at HQ without having to walk outside the HQ
• We’ve improved subtitle timings to better match what’s happening on screen
• We’ve implemented support for PlayStation 5’s haptic triggers for weapons
• We’ve improved Color Swatch options to include a truer “black” and wider selection of grays.
• Fixed an issue where sometimes the Player could lose connection and disconnect during co-op
• Fixed instances of the players icon disappearing from the minimap
• Fixed an instance of Animations of the Partner Player not playing for a Player hit with a thrustbuster while having the camera mode on
• Fixed co-op interaction with the “@cha” Side Hustle which could lead to overwriting or canceling the first interaction, and displaying the objective only for the second player to interact
• Credit is now properly given on the “Kill the Collective” challenge if the “Litterbug” Wanted target is killed in co-op
• Fixed an instance of the Host not being able to build a criminal venture when the Partner Player is waiting to join the active session
• The client player now properly sees tutorial prompts when advancing through “First F#:!ing Day “ in co-op
• Fixed an instance of players not properly spawning on the hoverbike after the first cinematic in “The Great Train Robbery”
• Fixed issues with the boat previews for the Partner Player after using the “Boat Deck” menu at the HQ
• Fixed an issue where the host could lose menu functionality if the client left during a mission after the host selected ‘exit to main menu’
• Vehicle Delivery service now properly delivers cars customized if they were saved in the garage by the player in co-op
• Fixed an issue with turrets shaking while the Partner Player is driving the vehicle
• Fixed a loading issue while the host is on the “Waiting for Partner to join” screen
• Fixed a case where characters could fall under the map in “The Forge” in co-op
• Adjusted shipment car spawn time to avoid triggering mission failures in the “Fast and the Foodiest”
• Fixed an issue where the Host could fall through the ground in “After Party”
• Fixed a case where the helicopter may not arrive while the Host player is in the APC turret during the “First F#:!ing Day” mission
• Addressed an issue where the host could advance without completing character customization if the client chose to exit during the “First F#:!ing Day” mission
• Fixed a bug that limited the player’s ammunition if the host entered the weapon cache during “Observe and Report”
• Fixed an issue where the Host would remain on the waiting screen after the Partner Player had chosen to cancel the “join new criminal venture” reveal cut scene
• Fixed a case where the player icon would disappear from maps when the host exits and re-enters the garage
• Fixed instance of Kakts Radio banners appearing when the Partner Player joins a co-op session
• Fixed a bug where both players were unable to use skills, if one of them had the “Riot Shield” equipped
• Fixed an occasional crash when both players exit to the Main Menu
• Fixed a bug where the Partner Player could lose functionality within the Main Menu after selecting DLC content
• Resolved an issue where the Partner Player sees the world loading while waiting to join a co-op session
• Fixed a couple of cases where the Partner Player could see the “Content Unlocked” pop up twice during a co-op session
• Fixed a case where improper messages could display between the Host and Partner Player when unlocking DLC.
For an expanded guide to co-op please visit co-op guide.
STABILITY / CRASHES
• Reduced instances of accidental player deaths in Observe and Report in both co-op and single player sessions
• Fixed a case where the train could derail after completing the Mayhem tutorial. Choo choo!
• Fixed instances of infinite loading screens during conversation with Chalupacabra Manager
• Fixed a crash during co-op when restarting from checkpoint in the “Take Me to Church”
• Fixed an instance where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when restarting from checkpoint during “Making Rent”
• Fixed a crash when loading the “Chop Lifting” side hustle
• Fixed an infinite loading screen that could occur after the “Clear the Lead” truck objective in “Observe and Report”
• Fixed a crash that could occur in co-op if both players chose to exit to main menu during the first customization screen in the opening scene
• Fixed a crash that could occur for the Host player during co-op while near the HQ
• Fixed a case where @cha instance would not complete after defeating all enemies
• Fixed a soft crash that could occur in co-op when two players were using the Style App during the “Arm Yourself” objective in “Corporate Retreat”
• Fixed instances of infinite loads while using the Style App during a mission
• Fixed a bug where an infinite loading screen could occurring after jumping off the train when the final cutscene is triggered in “The Great Train Robbery”
• Fixed a case of a soft crash when building the “Wuzyers Repo” Criminal venture. The game will no longer repo your fun!
• Addressed an issue where the player could become soft crashed when the prank tutorial appears when the “Content Unlocked” interface is displayed
• Fixed an instance where the player could crash while in Santo Ileso while on the High Framerate setting
• Fixed an instance where the player could soft crash when pausing the game.
• Fixed an issue where the Empire Map would be invisible with empty lot circles in “Breaking Ground”
• Fixed a soft crash that could occur after placing “Bright Future Disposal” in “Breaking Ground”
• Fixed a lighting transition at the beginning of “Networking”
• Fixed a case where the player could skip the conversation with ally NPCs in “After Party”
• Fixed a bug where the player was unable to restart from checkpoint or restart mission after talking to Kevin. Damn it Kev!
• Fixed an issue with Sergio getting up after being hit by El Lanzador in “The Great Train Robbery”
• Fixed a soft crash that could occur during “The Great Train Robbery” after killing all the enemies in the first car
• Fixed a case of Marshall units not attacking the Player in “Take Me to Church”. We will be speaking to their supervisors
• Fixed an instance of loss of control after attacking the Nahuali with the Thrustbuster or C4.
• We now properly grant the “Doc Ketchum Horse” collectible after “Aggressive Recruiting”.
• Fixed a bug where the boat would suddenly stop during “Going Overboard”
• Fixed a soft crash where enemies would disappear if the player moved far enough away from the mission area in “A Piece of the Action”
• Fixed multiple failure screens that could occur when the player is killed during “Be Your Own Boss”
• Fixed ammo being taken away from the KA-1 Kobra Pistol after completing “Making Rent”.
• Fixed cases of frozen pedestrians during “Donut Run”
• Fixed jukebox audio repeating itself in “Idol Threats”
• Fixed area warning display radius in “Non-Compete Clause”
• Fixed animation issue with Gabriel in “Neenah’s Car”
• Fixed a mission progression issue in the “Interrogate Gabriel” objective during “Neenah’s Car”
• Fixed an invulnerable NPC in “The Forge”
• Fixed a infinite loading screen that could occur when opening the “Community Sharing” menu during the “The Fast and The Foodiest” mission dialog
• Fixed a soft crash where Kevin could not be revived after reaching the second drive through window in “The Fast and The Foodiest”
• Fixed an issue where “Good Cop / Bad Cop” would fail to progress if the last container was hit by the helicopter
• Resolved an issue where the player falls after aborting or completing a mission in an airborne vehicle.
• Fixed instances of re-mapped controls not appearing correctly on the button map
• Fixed the disappearing On/Off toggle for crew customization when restoring defaults
• Custom color button now functions correctly while in contrast settings
• Removed some instances of placeholder text in the brightness options menu
• Correctly added background color to some text boxes.
• Correctly spawning the objective timer UI while in “Laundromat” for players who completed “Insurance Fraud” first
• Fixed the player being prevented from opening the Skills or Perks menu while inside a vehicle
• Fixed some instances of the upgrade costs not displaying while in the “Friendly Fire” menu.
• Fixed instances of the back button not being available
• Resolved an issue which caused players to be unable to select any options on the Main Menu
• Re-centered the XP gain icon
• Fixed an instance of the “Roof Riding” tutorial popping up if the player had been taken down while riding the roof of a vehicle
• Fixed an issue with the weapon wheel displaying the incorrect weapon when quick swapping.
• Fixed an issue with upgrade kits being lost after selecting vehicle presets in the garage
• Adjusted High Glare intensity
• Added controller rumble while drifting on heavy vehicles
• Fixed a case where the driver of a hijacked vehicle would not properly ragdoll when being kicked out of a vehicle
• Fixed a case of the player re-spawing as a ragdoll after being killed in a vehicle
• Fixed an issue that caused the yacht to behave erratically when picked up with a tow cable. Calm down, yacht
• Fixed cases of vehicle doors inflicting damage to the player when exiting certain cars
• Fixed instance of police and faction spawns not occurring properly within certain world districts.
• Adjusted scripted NPCs so they could take combat actions
• Adjusted the sync of Friend NPC revive animation
• Fixed a case where the Pineapple Express skill would kill enemies instantly or play in the wrong direction
• Fixed a case where music from the “Bright Future Disposals” Criminal Venture would sometimes keep playing
• Fixed certain cases of vehicles having their radios turned off by default.
• Fixed cases where the camera could clip through props in “Observe and Report”
• Fixed an issue were the camera occasionally would get stuck under the map while drifting into garages at high speeds
• Smoothed camera movement when entering certain interiors
• Fixed inconsistent camera acceleration when moving the camera back and forth
• Fixed missing translations in the Korean language.
• Fixed instance of shadows flickering while rotating the boss in the Wardrobe
• Fixed a bug that did not properly allow the player to preview helmets will having a hat equipped
• Fixed instances of the player character appearing next to the car upon entering garages
• Fixed an instance of missing skin textures with specific gloves equipped
• Resolved instances of hairstyles clipping into Headbands
• Chicken Ned outfit coloring options are now displayed correctly
• Multikills will now also increment the counter for the AS3 Ultimax weapon challenge.
• Fixed a case where the player could lose functionality while dodging with an empty magazine
• Fixed a bug where the minigun ceased to work after overheating
• We have adjusted the damage on Sawed-Off Shotgun
• Fixed a bug where the player could lose functionality if they were interrupted during a reload
• The Panteros Thumper is now available while vehicle surfing.
• Fixed instances of missing textures in the eastern edge of Rojas Desert North and South
• Fixed holes seen from a distance at the tops of certain buildings in the Financial District
• Fixed cased of the dust storm effect playing while inside of shops.
Battlefield 2042 Season 3 Arriving This Week
The team behind Battlefield and EA have officially announced more details regarding Battlefield 2042: Season 3 -Escalation, which will become available on November 22nd and comes with a host of new content.
The new season adds a new map, Specialist, weapons, vehicle, and more, including 100 new tiers of Battle Pass content. Additionally, all core gameplay-affecting content will be available to all players as part of the Free tier in the Battle Pass.
Additional cosmetic items will be available, when earned, through a Premium Battle Pass version.
The new season features the Egyptian-born Specialist and security expert Zain, who uses an XM370A Airburst Rifle, and players will venture into the wilderness in Sweden, via a brand new map called Spearhead which features semi-automated manufacturing facilities.
Some of the weapons available will be a Battlefield-classic throwable, including the Rorsch Mk-4 Railgun, semi-automatic NVK-S22 Smart Shotgun, long-barreled NVK-P125 Bullpup Pistol, and throwing knives.
A host of new vehicles will also be arriving, highlighted the EMKV90-TOR Tank, as well as New Assignments which will offer more Vault Weapons, including the XM8 and A-91.
Dark Pictures Anthology Unveils ‘Directive 8020’
The latest game from celebrate team Dark Pictures Anthology has been revealed, and we now have leaked information regarding the brand new title ‘Directive 8020’, which has been leaked to YouTube.
The leak appears to be from the end of the game, and was included in the post-credits scene in The Dark Pictures Analogy: The Devil In Me.
- News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
- News4 years ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News4 years ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3