BioWare and EA have pretty much made Anthem one of the most epic flops in the last few years, and they shoulder all of the blame for how bad this game as gone since launch.
Take this week for example.
A brand new update for Anthem officially rolled out (yay!!) but, of course, BioWare found a way to ruin it.
Let’s start with the patch notes:
Anthem – patch 1.1.0
- The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story (critical path).
- Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!
- Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
- Added new Universal Masterwork Components
- Extended Sniper Magazine: Adds specialized storage for enhanced sniper rifle ammunition. Increases damage by 30% of base damage. Increases maximum magazine size of sniper rifles by a large amount.
- Rapid Hollow Points: Adds specialized ammo storage for machine pistols and autocannons. Increases damage by 30%. Increases weak point damage of machine pistols and autocannons.
- Extended Special Arms Magazine: Adds specialized ammo storage for heavy pistols and grenade launchers. Increases damage by 30%. Increases maximum magazine size of heavy pistols and grenade launchers by a large amount.
- Added primer/detonator icons in the cortex next to gear entries.
- Fixed a bug where “Legendary Freelancer” Javelin challenge objectives weren’t completing correctly in the challenge journal.
- Resolved an issue where players were being kicked back to Fort Tarsis when loading into quickplay missions.
- Fixed a problem where the “Arcanist Loyalty 3″ trophy could not granted on Playstation 4.
- Fixed an issue where notifications for challenges were not appearing correctly.
- Resolved an issue where after respawning, you could be downed again prior to re-loading back in fully.
- Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms.
Gameplay Balance Adjustments
- Retaliation of Garretus – Trajector Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 200% to 400%
- Rolling Carnage – Vengeance Shotgun
- Increased bonus from 50% stacking 3 times, to 83.33% stacking 3 times.
- The Last Stand – Mauler Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 200% to 225%
- Fist of Stral – Cloudburst Autocannon
- Increased bonus from 10% stacking 10 times, to 16% stacking 10 times.
- Unending Battle – Fulcrum Machine Pistol
- Increased bonus from 110% to 135%
- Death From Above – Guardian Marksman Rifle
- Increased bonus from 65% to 235%
- Wyvern Blitz – Deadeye Sniper Rifle
- Increased bonus from 40% to 185%
- Final Judgment – HE Mortar
- Increased bonus from 35% to 55%
- Fist of the Crucible – Flamethrower
- Increased bonus from 12% *10 to 24% *10
- Final Judgment – HE Mortar
- Serpent’s Veil – Venom Bomb
- Increased bonus from 100% to 202.5%
- Ruthless Stalker – Searching Glaive
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
- Bitter Harvest – Cluster Mine
- Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
- Serpent’s Veil – Venom Bomb
- Cold Blooded – Frost Grenade
- Increased bonus from 235% to 270%
- Avenger’s Boon – Pulse Blast
- Increased bonus from 210 % to 220%
- Cold Blooded – Frost Grenade
- Ponder Infinity – Lightning Strike
- Increased bonus from 60% to 165%
- Chaotic Rime – Frost Shards
- Increased bonus from 125% to 250%
- Ponder Infinity – Lightning Strike
- Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
- Colossus’ Firewall Mortar should now more reliably spawn the Firewall effect when directly hitting enemies, sloped surfaces, or next to walls.
Status Effects / Combos
- Delay between when players and creatures are frozen and when the visual effect is applied has been reduced to improve readability of the status effect.
- If a player applies a status effect that already exists on a target, but the new status effect has a higher damage than the existing one, the damage will now scale to that higher value.
- Players who prime targets for combos will now also see the “Combo” text when detonated by another player.
- Increased the damage of the Electric status effect when applied to creatures.
- Fixed additional issues where the Titan fireball projectile attack was hitting players when they successfully dodged/evaded.
- Fixed an issue where the Titan would not always use all of its available attacks.
- Adjusted environmental lightning strikes to not target javelins directly as frequently.
- Fixed an issue where the predicted gear score was inaccurate if you were selecting to equip a higher tier component than was currently equipped.
- Fixed a bug where the Colossus shield wouldn’t appear when deployed to other players in the squad.
- Resolved several issues where status effects remained on the player far longer than the actual effect (e.g. the Frozen status effect appearing on the javelin after the effect has ended).
- Fixed a bug where the Storm’s shield did not get the intended 20% damage resistance increase while hovering.
- Fixed a bug where the Interceptor Ultimate attack would not chain when holding the fire button instead of holding the melee button.
- Bulwark Point now properly gets duration increases from utility duration bonus inscriptions.
- Fixed a bug where Interceptor melee gear was not going on cooldown when used in air.
- Fixed an issue where explosive projectiles were not affecting destructible combat objects (e.g. scar bunkers).
- Fixed a problem where the Storm’s Seal of the Open Mind Masterwork would incorrectly allow a player to fire 3 charges when the UI only showed 2 available.
- Fixed a bug where gear recharge progress could be lost if you used a charge while additional charges were being restored.
- Fixed an error where the Masterwork Colossus Stock Augment had a lower base % increase than its non-Masterwork counterparts. (Increased from 5% to 35%).
- Fixed the Ranger Grenadier Component text to properly display the stat value %.
- Fixed a problem with the Special Arms Ammo component not properly increasing grenade launcher damage.
Status Effects / Combos
- Fixed some instances where multiple players contributing to a single status effect would see incorrect floating values
- Fixed an issue where you could receive a status effect from a creature attack while invulnerable.
- Fixed a problem where the Legion of Dawn rifle disappears from the forge while in the Launch Bay
- Fixed a bug where ammo pick-ups weren’t restoring any ammo in the current magazine for the Devastator Sniper Rifle.
- Fixed the Striker’s Balance weapon so that the weapon accuracy and projectile trajectory should be corrected when the bonus is applied.
- Corrected Torrent Autocannon description text to match current functionality.
- Fixed a bug where Avenging Herald was incorrectly applying its bonus damage to secondary weapons while holstered. This bonus is now only active when Avenging Herald is the active weapon.
- All Devastator Sniper Rifle weakpoint hit multipliers have been corrected to a 1.75 multiplier.
- Updated “Critical Damage” to “Weakpoint Damage” in any text descriptions.
- Updated “Impact Dmg” to “Kinetic Dmg” in any text descriptions.
- Updated “Impact Resist” to “Kinetic Resist” in any text descriptions.
- Corrected formatting on the inscription values for Overheat Delay Recovery, Thruster Delay Recovery, and Weap Reload Speed so they no longer have multiple +/- values.
- Removed text from the Masterwork Flamethrower which indicated that it was a detonator when it is not.
- Removed the duplicate second pistol from Argentum Tran’s Sidearm case after completing the Freelancer Reputation Rewards – Level 3.
- Elysian Key marker over daily challenges no longer disappears on returning to Fort Tarsis.
- Fixed an issue where Yarrow’s final conversation could play too early in some scenarios.
- Removed Dax from the background of a conversation where you are told she went out to get some tea.
- Fixed an issue where Commander Vule left the frame during a conversation with Brin and the player.
- Fixed an issue where Jarek Arnel’s arm clipped badly into the wall.
- Resolved an issue where you were told that your squad was waiting on you to ready up, when it wasn’t true.
- Resolved an issue where Faye wasn’t shown in a cinematic scene that she is speaking in with Haluk.
- Fixed various spelling and grammatical errors in the journal and library entries.
- Fixed an issue where targeted creatures in freeplay would lose their target icon if you flew too far away from the arena and returned.
- Fixed an issue where sentinels disappeared from the Sentinel Support World Event, making it impossible to complete the event.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t progress in the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest if one member of your squad had not unlocked that quest yet.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with and enter the Tomb of Artinia when you had completed the requirements to unlock it.
- Picking up some collectible archives were limited to the player that interacted with them. Now all players within 100m of the player collecting the archive will automatically collect the archive as well.
- Fixed an issue where turrets could spawn too far away from the world event location.
- Fixed an issue where being downed in the Arcanist Korox Study world event would not reset properly when you came back.
- Downed players are now automatically revived when the stronghold boss is defeated.
- Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the fog wall visual effect remained, even though it didn’t actually prevent the player from progressing.
- Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the player could escape the world near the waterfall.
- Tyrant Mine: Prevented turrets from spawning in the second area before players were led there and the rest of the enemies had spawned in to fix an exploit.
- Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where enemies could be trapped behind a fog wall, preventing the player from progressing.
Critical Path and Legendary Missions
- Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where killing the titan without entering the arena would cause you to respawn backwards, making it impossible to advance and complete the mission.
- Legendary Incursion: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t advance after listening to the recording.
- Legendary Missions: Fixed an issue where the final chest would never appear at the end of the mission if you were too far away from the chest.
- Legendary Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue for the second trial where the plot would break if one player was slow to load in and the other player ran ahead.
- Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t progress until all members of the squad had reached the specified point.
- Legendary Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where enemies could be stuck behind a fog wall, preventing the plot from progressing.
- Fixed an issue where the notification of Legendary Missions being unlocked after completing the critical path was not displaying.
- Legendary Lost Arcanist: Fixed an issue where the Escari was teleporting around too frequently.
- Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed a respawn point that was very far away from the objective.
- Contract – Freelancer Work: Fixed an issue where the step to protect the Arcanists wasn’t working correctly when joining through Quick Play.
With new content people should be happy, correct? Well, leave it to everyone handling Anthem to really botch it and leave fans pissed.
The roadmap for Anthem, which was revealed shortly after the game’s launch, won’t be playing out as planned….Shocker.
Perhaps the biggest tidbit to come out of that development is the delay of Cataclysms, which had been promised.
Bioware took to Reddit to explain that; Anthem had “more things to fix and improve than we planned for”, explaining the delay.
“We know you have been waiting for these updates, and that you might not be pleased with where we are today. We understand and respect these perspectives,” the developer wrote
“The only thing we can say is this – we believe in Anthem. We believe the game will be great, but we recognise getting there will take a lot of hard work. We want to do that work and we want you all to join us on the journey to get there.”
PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
PUBG has rolled out a new patch, patch 4.2, and with it comes a number of small features that have been on the wishlists of many of their dedicated players for a long time.
You can find the full patch notes below, courtesy of their official post.
PUBG PATCH 4.2 NOTES
Vehicle Handling Improvements
- Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Altered Blue Zone Edge Visual Effect
- To improve the gameplay experience, the rolling shimmer effect seen while at the edge of the Blue Zone will no-longer be seen at the center of the screen where the player is aiming.
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Throwables Friction Adjustment
Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
- Smoke Grenades
Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements
- Added master volume preview
- The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
- Added Instant Volume Reducer
This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume
Overcast Weather added to Erangel
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel
- Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment
- Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
Removal of PUBG Esports Signage
- As MET Asia Series and PUBG Nations Cup have now concluded, in-game signage across various maps and the starting plane has been removed.
In-game HUD Improvements
- Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
- Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
- To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
- Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Store UI Improvement
- BP purchasable items are now marked with a BP icon in Store to better differentiate BP and cash items.
- Made performance improvements to mitigate client hitching/stuttering in certain situations.
- Added Erangel Visual Update option to Custom Matches
Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
- Team leaderboard UI seen in observer mode has been changed to allow 4 character team tags (previously 3).
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
SKINS & ITEMS
New skins are available at in-game Store once PC Update 4.2 hits live servers.
- New BP purchasable items
Vector & SLR BattleStat skins
2 Madsy Shoes
- Twitch Broadcaster Royale Group 9 skins
More information will be released via an official announcement for Group 9 of Twitch Broadcaster Royale skins will be released after Update #4.2 arrives on live servers
- Added Regional Esports Baseball Bat skins in celebration of 2019 Phase 3 of PUBG Esports.
- Added Rabbit Season Set items, which can be found in the Featured Page of the in-game Store.
- Fixed an issue where other players would appear to enter the ground temporarily when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to shake or display incorrectly when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where throwables would roll a longer than intended distance on slopes.
- Fixed an issue when walking backwards against the corner of objects, you couldn’t hear your own footsteps, although they were audible by other players.
- Fixed an issue where the item use sound was not audible when using an Adrenaline Syringe or Med kit with the -KoreanRating launch option.
- Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline Syringe and Energy drink could sometimes not be heard from while in spectator view.
- Fixed an issue where Aqua Rail’s speed while reversing was almost same as when moving forward.
- Fixed an issue where constant collision noises could be heard when a vehicle was stationary against an object or terrain.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and start rolling slowly while parked on an angled slope.
- Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom was reset after performing specific actions.
- Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
- Fixed an issue where dropping weapons could only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line was visible when the Holographic Sight reticle is set to max brightness.
- Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink if landing in water from the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where an active boost gauge would display when the UI was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where a placed marker’s location would change on the compass in some cases after opening the map and inventory in sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the Canted Sight binding would reset if set to alt + mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name would display when spectating a disconnected player.
- Fixed an issue where raindrops could pass through certain vehicle roofs.
- Fixed an issue where character head models are not shown in replay or spectator when players enter the motorbike sidecar seat.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps could in some situations be heard intermittently from dead players.
- Fixed an issue where the key guide text was shown when spectating after dying in a squad match
- Fixed an issue where throwables couldn’t be directly picked up and equipped in the item slot when the backpack was full.
- Fixed an issue where the healing amount while using multiple bandages with the auto-bandage feature was less than if using them individually.
Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
A brand new entry into the classic Bubble Bobble franchise is on it’s way when Bubble Bobble 4 Friends officially launches in Europe on November 19th.
If you’re based in North America, the game will arrive within the first three months of 2020, and the game is entirely exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
Take a look at the official trailer for the new game:
Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
Doom Eternal’s new Battlemode is the highly anticipated 2v1 multiplayer mode that will give you 6 arenas to choose from, along with five different demons to play.
- PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
- Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
- Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Update Allows You to Pause Game in Offline Mode
- Fortnite v10.10 Arrives
- Apex Legends Kicks Off Apex Legends Iron Crown Collection Event
- Blizzard Opens Name Reservation for World of Warcraft: Classic
- News9 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News10 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News12 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News8 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News5 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out