Fear the Wolves just launched a new update that is now available in Steam Early Access and will be available once you start up the game.
The update is first dedicated to performance optimization, and players should notice a “significant improvement” during gameplay sessions, according to Steam.
Vostok Games has pledged to continue to optimize to help the game run smoothly and acheive “higher performance on all configurations.” A full release is expected in 2019.
Fear the Wolves update 3 notes
- Teams has been condensing models and creating new LODs to improve performance. Optimization is the top priority, and this will always be worked on throughout Early Access and even post-launch.
New Customization Sets
- Unlock the Edge and the Gangster sets
- Kill-hungry players will be pleased to know that player and wolf kills are added to the rewards at the end of each match. More difficult kills like headshots, vehicle kills, grenade kills, and melee kills are also rewarded with bonus points.
- You can queue for the next game while spectating
10 Additional Languages
- French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Hungarian and Turkish. You can now change these directly in game.
- Updated anomaly effects, weather effects, and a variety of new shooting VFX
- Several new points of interests have been added to the map, including complex industrial and urban settings. These dense and complex multi-storied buildings have loot on all levels so be careful and thorough.
Several parts of the map’s topography have been changed, as below:
- Gas Storage
- Old Dam
- Concrete Plant
- Points of Interest
- Security Checkpoint
- RLS Vostok
- RLS Duga
- Wolves will no longer spawn in the air or in the ground.
- Players will no longer fall through the ground when getting out of a vehicle that has been parked on a hill.
- The Fort 17 pistol will now always have a magazine present inside the gun when seen in 3rd person.
- Grass should no longer be growing in the air.
- Various other tweaks and fixes
Quality of life
- Toggle for movement keys – ADS, Crouch, Walk, Sprint, Hold Breathe
- Ammo is removed for dropped weapon
- Increased map precision
- Compass – By popular demand
- Evacuation messages were removed, to cause players to pay more attention to when the chopper was arriving
- Additional sound effects
- Improved screen effects
- Fixed overlap between likes and FPS/Ping when turned on
- Squad radiation status display
EA Still Focusing on Anthem
The game is a colossal bust, mainly due to both BioWare and EA who botched everything after launch, but EA is still promising to focus on Anthem.
While the general concept and gameplay mechanics of Anthem was truly awesome, everything else was a dud thanks to the companies who failed their fans, in so many ways, so much.
“We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said, according to GameDaily. “One was traditional BioWare story-driven content, and the other was this action-adventure type content. About the 30 or 40 hour mark they really had to come together and start working in on the elder game. At that point everyone kind of went, ‘Oh, hang a minute.’ Now the calculation is off. It’s off because I’ve got a friend who sits in this other category of player.”
With Anthem seemingly dwindling away any interest, EA and BioWare seem committed to a long-term plan.
“IP lives for generations, and runs in these seven to ten year cycles” Wilson said.
“So, if I think about Anthem on a seven to ten-year cycle, it may not have had the start that many of us wanted, including our players. I feel like that team is really going to get there with something special and something great, because they’ve demonstrated that they can.”
Borderlands 3 Story Is Going to Be Epic
For fans eagerly awaiting the arrival of Borderlands 3, you’ll be happy to know that the game will have quite the grind associated with the main story.
Borderlands 3 creative director Paul Sage revealed that it will take over 30 hours to complete the story mode, making the game quite massive.
“I’d still say we were very ambitious,” Sage said, during an interview with GamesBeat.
“My tech team would say we were really ambitious sometimes. [laughs] There’s so much to the game. We go to these different worlds. The length of the game being 35 hours, if you just go through the main story — that’s not including doing too many side missions. I think there was a lot of ambition right at the beginning.”
The Steam Summer Sale 2019 Kicks Off This Week
Steam is rolling out it’s next big sale later this week and the Steam Summer Sale aims to bring some great deals to users.
According to Steam Database, the Steam Summer Sale is set to kick off on June 25th.
The sale will run for 2 weeks, ending on July 9th.
🕶 Steam Summer Sale 2019 date leaked as per tradition, it will begin on June 25, 2019 at 10AM PST and will last for two weeks.— Steam Database (@SteamDB) May 15, 2019
via SteamCN and confirmed by multiple sources.#Steam #SteamSummerSale #SteamSale #SteamDealshttps://t.co/hqW4V5S2uE
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out