PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has released Patch 22 on the PC after two weeks in testing and is highlighted by a new rank system that borrows many elements from PUBG Mobile, along with adding a number of requested features to the game.
Check out the change log below:
Ranks, progression, regions
- Server/region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region
- If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on
- New rank system has eight total ranks
- Rank will be assigned based on Rank Points earned
- To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches
- Rank promotion / demotion will be decided by total rank points
- Improved the UI of the Career and Leaderboard screens
- Improved UI to show rank, KDA, Avg. damage, etc. more clearly.
- Leaderboard will display up to 100 ranks
- You can select Quick Join or select maps individually
- Quick join function puts you in the first available game, regardless of map
- You can now trade in items for those of a higher tier
- You can trade up multiple same-tier items and BP into one next-tier skin item
- Trade up requires ten items, and the maximum tier you can get is up to rare(blue) while the system is in testing. We’ll look to open up the system further once we’re satisfied with the balance of the system but please note that any BP costs associated with this system may change.
- The required BP amount is different depending on the tier of items being traded up. You will not be able to initiate the trade without all required items
- Added a wheel menu for quick access to healing and throwable items
- Emote activation hotkey was changed from ` to F4
- You can cancel the wheel by clicking the right mouse button
- Added an option to hide the nicknames of players in the killfeed who downed/killed you or your teammates
- Added alert icons to the network statistics function
- Three new icons represent High latency, Latency variation, Packet loss
- High latency: Alerts you if your ping/latency is getting too high
- Latency variation: Alerts you if your latency variation changes are too high
- Packet loss: Alerts you if your ratio of packet loss is too high
- Added an icon to check teammate’s log out / disconnected status
- Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
- Added an option to manage the maximum ratio of minimap zooming
- Added auto-reload option
- When enabled, you will reload weapons automatically when you try to fire while your magazine is empty
- By default, this is set to “Off” but can be changed in the Gameplay menu
- Improved the client performance by optimising the creation of character materials
- Improved the calculation of participants in the session waiting room
- Players in Observer or Unassigned status will not be calculated in playable participants
- Fixed the issue where players could sometimes climb stairs much faster while moving diagonally next to the wall.
- Fixed the issue where a downed players’ character model would sometimes penetrate walls.
- Fixed the issue where players could hold weapons while moving close to rocks while underwater.
- Fixed the issue where characters would look like they were sliding while standing up if they took out a weapon and stood up at the same time.
- Fixed the issue where a player appeared to slide when standing up or moving while going prone before landing from a certain height.
- Fixed the issue where Flashbang and Molotov stun and on fire animations could be cancelled when repeatedly crouching/standing up/prone/or equipping a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the player UI sometimes disappeared in the observer’s view.
- Fixed the issue where ADS worked unreliably when ADSing right after equipping a weapon.
- Fixed the issue where a player sometimes received collision damage from a motorcycle when another player picked up the motorcycle.
- Fixed an issue where a character would sometimes rotate even though its feet are fixed when the screen is rotated more than 180 degrees left or right.
- Fixed the issue where a player’s motion was sometimes shown as scoping when taking steps next to a wall.
- Fixed the issue where characters could vault over other characters when positioned at certain heights.
- Fixed the issue where a player would sometimes clip through the floor of a building when disembarking a motorcycle.
- Fixed the issue where a player could be reported multiple times by playing the replay over and over.
- Fixed the issue where a character’s HP bar was sometimes shown in the lobby after exiting the server replay.
- Fixed the issue where a character’s animation would pop upward when getting close to the wheels of a buggy.
- Fixed the issue of where a character’s animation would pop upward when crouching and standing up near a vehicle.
EA Still Focusing on Anthem
The game is a colossal bust, mainly due to both BioWare and EA who botched everything after launch, but EA is still promising to focus on Anthem.
While the general concept and gameplay mechanics of Anthem was truly awesome, everything else was a dud thanks to the companies who failed their fans, in so many ways, so much.
“We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said, according to GameDaily. “One was traditional BioWare story-driven content, and the other was this action-adventure type content. About the 30 or 40 hour mark they really had to come together and start working in on the elder game. At that point everyone kind of went, ‘Oh, hang a minute.’ Now the calculation is off. It’s off because I’ve got a friend who sits in this other category of player.”
With Anthem seemingly dwindling away any interest, EA and BioWare seem committed to a long-term plan.
“IP lives for generations, and runs in these seven to ten year cycles” Wilson said.
“So, if I think about Anthem on a seven to ten-year cycle, it may not have had the start that many of us wanted, including our players. I feel like that team is really going to get there with something special and something great, because they’ve demonstrated that they can.”
Borderlands 3 Story Is Going to Be Epic
For fans eagerly awaiting the arrival of Borderlands 3, you’ll be happy to know that the game will have quite the grind associated with the main story.
Borderlands 3 creative director Paul Sage revealed that it will take over 30 hours to complete the story mode, making the game quite massive.
“I’d still say we were very ambitious,” Sage said, during an interview with GamesBeat.
“My tech team would say we were really ambitious sometimes. [laughs] There’s so much to the game. We go to these different worlds. The length of the game being 35 hours, if you just go through the main story — that’s not including doing too many side missions. I think there was a lot of ambition right at the beginning.”
The Steam Summer Sale 2019 Kicks Off This Week
Steam is rolling out it’s next big sale later this week and the Steam Summer Sale aims to bring some great deals to users.
According to Steam Database, the Steam Summer Sale is set to kick off on June 25th.
The sale will run for 2 weeks, ending on July 9th.
🕶 Steam Summer Sale 2019 date leaked as per tradition, it will begin on June 25, 2019 at 10AM PST and will last for two weeks.— Steam Database (@SteamDB) May 15, 2019
via SteamCN and confirmed by multiple sources.#Steam #SteamSummerSale #SteamSale #SteamDealshttps://t.co/hqW4V5S2uE
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out