Sledgehammer Games has released their new weekly multiplayer update a few days early this week, sharing the following message with players:
“But wait, it’s Tuesday! Don’t your SHG Weekly Community Updates usually come on Fridays??” Yes, folks, they do. However, this week, we’re bringing it to you early, so you can gear up for the weekend. We’ve got some exciting new Call of Duty®: WWII activities coming your way, as well as a fun-filled game update coming next week! For now, check out this week and weekend’s offerings.”
Here is everything that was released in the recent update:
Weekly Weapon Contract
This week, make sure to see Corporal Green and pick up the Weapon Contract for the Type 38! You’ve got until 10AM PDT on Tuesday, May 29.
From tomorrow, May 23 at 10AM PDT until 10AM PDT on Wednesday, May 24, enjoy 2DivisionXP on War Mode!
Daily Weapon Orders
This week, we’ve got Daily Orders for LMGs, rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, and pistols, so make sure to check back in with Major Howard each day to see which weapon is on dec
Valkyrie Open Access Weekend
That’s right, folks. Free, for a limited time from 10AM PDT this Friday until 10AM PDT on May 29, enjoy Valkyrie with your friends. You don’t have to own DLC Pack 1 to play, so make sure to try it before time runs out!
Weekend Warfare Triple Double
With our limited-time Valkyrie Open Access Weekend coming, we’ve got an extra day of fun planned for you guys for Weekend Warfare. From 10AM PDT this Friday until 10AM PDT on Tuesday, May 29, enjoy a triple double on us! That’s 2XP, 2DivisionXP, and 2WeaponXP on Valkyrie Moshpit.
Call of Duty™ Endowment ‘Fear Not’ Pack
Every year when Memorial Day comes, the team likes to pause and commemorate the reason why we have a long weekend and remember the selfless service members who sacrificed their lives. In that spirit, we’d like to share with you our effort to recognize the fallen by supporting their surviving brother and sister veterans in finding good jobs.
The ‘Fear Not’ Pack follows up the ‘Bravery’ Pack as the next installment in our partnership with the Call of Duty Endowment. All Activision proceeds from the Pack go towards securing high-quality jobs for veterans in search of employment. It’s a cause we are extremely passionate about as a studio and are glad to be able to support. Take a sneak peek of what’s in this limited-edition Pack, available Tuesday, May 29 in the US and UK.
Apex Legends Patch Arrives
As we talked about on Monday, a new Apex Legends patch has arrived and it addresses a number of issues with some fixes, and some tweaks.
Here are the patch notes for 1.1.3:
Audio fixes and improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit detection fixes and omprovements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” banner bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Developer’s Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
Crashes specific to Intel CPUs (PC Only)
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed.
Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
Mobius Digital has officially announced the release date of it’s new open-world, space-based game Outer Wilds, and it’s coming next week.
The new space exploration game will officially arrive on May 30th for PC and Xbox One.
The following trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
A recent issue on Red Dead Online that saw players of the game stumbling upon mass graves of dead horses, has been resolved by developer Rockstar Games.
“The issue affecting some players in Red Dead Online that was causing reduced numbers of animals in session and other knock-on effects has been resolved,” Rockstar said in a statement, according to Eurogamer.
You can take a look at a video showing the issues below:
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
- Killing Floor Bundle Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Launch Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Anniversary Event Kicks off May 21st
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News9 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December