A new update for Playerunknowns Battleground has been released on the Xbox One highlighted by bug fixes, Game DVR support, and the removal of a single starting area for all players, a tweak that is sure to be met by widespread approval.
PUBG has multiple pre-match starting locations thanks to the update which should go a long way in decreasing server performance issues the game was experiencing due to 100 players being in the same area.
Here are the patch notes:
PUBG Xbox One Patch Notes:
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
- Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
Apex Legends Patch Arrives
As we talked about on Monday, a new Apex Legends patch has arrived and it addresses a number of issues with some fixes, and some tweaks.
Here are the patch notes for 1.1.3:
Audio fixes and improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit detection fixes and omprovements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” banner bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Developer’s Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
Crashes specific to Intel CPUs (PC Only)
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed.
Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
Mobius Digital has officially announced the release date of it’s new open-world, space-based game Outer Wilds, and it’s coming next week.
The new space exploration game will officially arrive on May 30th for PC and Xbox One.
The following trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
Maze Theroy, the team behind virtual reality titles such as The Vanishing Act, has announced a “feature length” VR game that will make comic book fans smile from ear to ear.
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is set to arrive this September for PSVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, and Vive Cosmos.
“The Doctor has been hurled through time to the end of the universe. A virus that threatens to rip apart reality itself has been unleashed. Players can pilot the TARDIS on a journey across worlds both familiar and strange to recover a series of powerful time crystals that can repair spacetime and ultimately save the universe itself.”
The following teaser trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
- Killing Floor Bundle Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Launch Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Anniversary Event Kicks off May 21st
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News9 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December