PUBG has rolled out a new patch, patch 4.2, and with it comes a number of small features that have been on the wishlists of many of their dedicated players for a long time.
You can find the full patch notes below, courtesy of their official post.
PUBG PATCH 4.2 NOTES
Vehicle Handling Improvements
- Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Altered Blue Zone Edge Visual Effect
- To improve the gameplay experience, the rolling shimmer effect seen while at the edge of the Blue Zone will no-longer be seen at the center of the screen where the player is aiming.
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Throwables Friction Adjustment
Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
- Smoke Grenades
Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements
- Added master volume preview
- The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
- Added Instant Volume Reducer
This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume
Overcast Weather added to Erangel
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel
- Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment
- Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
Removal of PUBG Esports Signage
- As MET Asia Series and PUBG Nations Cup have now concluded, in-game signage across various maps and the starting plane has been removed.
In-game HUD Improvements
- Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
- Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
- To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
- Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Store UI Improvement
- BP purchasable items are now marked with a BP icon in Store to better differentiate BP and cash items.
- Made performance improvements to mitigate client hitching/stuttering in certain situations.
- Added Erangel Visual Update option to Custom Matches
Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
- Team leaderboard UI seen in observer mode has been changed to allow 4 character team tags (previously 3).
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
SKINS & ITEMS
New skins are available at in-game Store once PC Update 4.2 hits live servers.
- New BP purchasable items
Vector & SLR BattleStat skins
2 Madsy Shoes
- Twitch Broadcaster Royale Group 9 skins
More information will be released via an official announcement for Group 9 of Twitch Broadcaster Royale skins will be released after Update #4.2 arrives on live servers
- Added Regional Esports Baseball Bat skins in celebration of 2019 Phase 3 of PUBG Esports.
- Added Rabbit Season Set items, which can be found in the Featured Page of the in-game Store.
- Fixed an issue where other players would appear to enter the ground temporarily when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to shake or display incorrectly when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where throwables would roll a longer than intended distance on slopes.
- Fixed an issue when walking backwards against the corner of objects, you couldn’t hear your own footsteps, although they were audible by other players.
- Fixed an issue where the item use sound was not audible when using an Adrenaline Syringe or Med kit with the -KoreanRating launch option.
- Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline Syringe and Energy drink could sometimes not be heard from while in spectator view.
- Fixed an issue where Aqua Rail’s speed while reversing was almost same as when moving forward.
- Fixed an issue where constant collision noises could be heard when a vehicle was stationary against an object or terrain.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and start rolling slowly while parked on an angled slope.
- Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom was reset after performing specific actions.
- Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
- Fixed an issue where dropping weapons could only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line was visible when the Holographic Sight reticle is set to max brightness.
- Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink if landing in water from the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where an active boost gauge would display when the UI was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where a placed marker’s location would change on the compass in some cases after opening the map and inventory in sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the Canted Sight binding would reset if set to alt + mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name would display when spectating a disconnected player.
- Fixed an issue where raindrops could pass through certain vehicle roofs.
- Fixed an issue where character head models are not shown in replay or spectator when players enter the motorbike sidecar seat.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps could in some situations be heard intermittently from dead players.
- Fixed an issue where the key guide text was shown when spectating after dying in a squad match
- Fixed an issue where throwables couldn’t be directly picked up and equipped in the item slot when the backpack was full.
- Fixed an issue where the healing amount while using multiple bandages with the auto-bandage feature was less than if using them individually.
Playstation 5 Confirmed, Release Date End of 2020
After months of speculation, Sony has announced that it’s next-generation console will indeed be called the Playstation 5, and the new console will be hitting the market near the end of 2020.
“Today I’m proud to share that our next-generation console will be called PlayStation 5, and we’ll be launching in time for Holiday 2020″ Sony president of SIEE and president of global sales & marketing, SIE, Jim Ryan said in a post on the European Playstation Blog.
“These updates may not be a huge surprise, but we wanted to confirm them for our PlayStation fans, as we start to reveal additional details about our vision for the next generation.”
Currently, there is no indication on what the price will be for the new console, or if the console will look “similar” to the patent images which surfaced back in August.
If you’re looking to roll out a new version of your Twitch or Mixer channel, then Gamactica is the perfect place to market, network, and promote your streams. Regardless if you’re a female streamer trying to make a name, or a hardcore pro player trying to catch the eyes of esports teams, it is important to ensure your branding is top notch. Rank next to the top game developer streams and alongside the ASMR channels of the industry, and join the Gamactica community.
World of Warcraft’s Visions of N’Zoth Update Introduces New Playable Races
A pair of new playable races are heading to the World of Warcraft in a brand new, free update called Visions of N’Zoth.
Starting off are the Vulpera, which is a race of fox people that many players will recognize as non-playable race in the Battle of Azeroth expansion. The race will become available after maxing out their associated faction reputation and completing a quest.
Along with the Vulpera are the Mechagnomes, a robotic looking version of the standard Gnome race. This race can be unlocked with the release of update 8.3, which is looking to be quite the hefty update.
You can take a look at more information regarding the free update in the lengthy video below.
Keeping your character alive and well is the key to success in World of Warcraft, which the same can be said IRL. Part of that, is staying informed about potential health risks, such as pilonidal, and potential threats, such as pilonidal disease. While they may not be the most well-known, it’s these diseases that can prove to be more difficult to detect. Stay ahead, and remain on top of your health by educating yourself today.
Paradox Announces Surviving the Aftermath
Paradox has announced the next entry in the Surviving franchise that is scheduled to arrive sometime in late 2020.
‘Surviving the Aftermath’ is the brand new title, and the announcement came with the teaser trailer below, with more information promised at PDXCON 2019 taking place next week.
While you may be able to wait for Surviving the Aftermath, you may not want to wait around when it comes to improving the quality of your streams. If your goal is to be ranked among the best twitch channels, then you need to ensure you not only have the best streaming equipment, but also that your marketing and networking is up to par. Whether you want to be known among the best female streamers, or you’re striving to attract the interest of eports teams, streaming quality content is one way to do just that, and more.
- Playstation 5 Confirmed, Release Date End of 2020
- Playstation 4 System Update 7.00 Now Out
- World of Warcraft’s Visions of N’Zoth Update Introduces New Playable Races
- Paradox Announces Surviving the Aftermath
- The House of the Dead 1-2 Remakes On the Way
- Borderlands 3 Update Targets FL4K, Moze, Boss Fights, More
- Death Stranding Trailer Arrives
- News11 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News1 year ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News10 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News7 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out