It appears that big changes are the on the way in Destiny 2, as Bungie is looking to overhaul to Arc subclasses next week, on April 9th.
Arc Week is on the roadmap for Destiny 2: Season of the Drifter for about a month and a new post in the Bungie blog sheds a bit more light on what is in store.
Here are some details:
Striker Code of the Juggernaut (Bottom Path)
Notes: This path is all about punching enemies to get better at shooting them and shooting enemies to get better at punching them. We want to further incentivize engaging in this loop and make doing so move visible and flashy. Shooting an enemy should make you feel like you are primed to strike with melee. Punching an enemy and releasing your rage will make you feel like a more focused shot.
- Now increases all weapon damage for the duration of the buff
- 25% against combatants
- 20% against players
- Duration increased from 10 to 16 seconds
- Buff timer is now displayed on the HUD
- Melee damage bonus increased from 25% to 60%
- Now also triggers once you have dealt 60% damage to a target
- Any damage done after 60% will refresh the timer
- Still also triggers off shield pop
- No longer consumed after 1 melee attack
- Duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds
Arcstrider Way of the Warrior (Top Path)
Notes: This path thrives on striking with precision and timing and is heavily melee focused. To enhance this loop, we are giving it a bit more nuance with a higher potential payout. We want to allow for more room to execute and engage with both the path to success and the benefits once you do succeed.
- Bonus melee damage can now be stacked 3 times (requires a melee ability kill for each stack)
- Buff increases melee damage by 60% per stack in PvE
- Buff increases melee damage by 22.7% per stack in PvP
- For comparison, this ability used to be 1 stack and increased melee damage by 50%
- Kills with this ability now heal 40 health in addition to starting health regen
- Increased buff duration from 6 to 8 seconds
- Buff is no longer consumed by a melee hit
Arcstrider Way of the Wind (Bottom Path)
Notes: This path is about quick movement and thriving under pressure. We want to increase your ability to survive while at low health and enhance your elusiveness so you can be more confident when in danger. This way, you don’t just get a bonus when you’re injured, you have more control over what state you are in, and you can make more risk/reward choices.
- Increased the disorient distance by 50%
- Increased duration of disorient on players from 1.5 to 2 seconds
- Increased dodge recharge bonus while sprinting by 100%
- Increased bonus grenade and melee regeneration while bloodied by 25%
- Increased damage resistance while dodging from 25% to 40% in PvP
- Increased damage resistance while dodging from 63% to 70% In PvE
Stormcaller Stormtrance Super (Top and Bottom Path)
- Damage scales up to 150% over 5 seconds of continuous use of the attack
- Updated FX and audio to support this functionality
Stormcaller Attunement of Conduction (Top Path)
Notes: This path focuses prominently on chain lightning, but we also want to better sell the fantasy of being a god of erratic and dangerous energy. We want you to be delighted and surprised by the chaos you cause. On top of that, we should make the choice of using your abilities something to better strategize around, and reward you for doing so.
Chain Lightning Melee
- Can now chain up to 5 times, up from 1, and each individual target can be hit twice
- Chain damage decreased from 50 to 31 damage per chain hit
- Can now chain to many (many) more targets, and back and forth between targets
- The amount of chaining varies based on use, and I will leave it to you all to discover!
- Increase chain range from 10 meters to 12 meters
- Chaining Arc damage now reduces the cooldown of your grenade
- Works with Arc Web chains and chains from Chain Lightning Melee
- Earn 3% energy per instance of chain damage in PvE
- Earn 10% energy per instance of chain damage in PvP
Stormcaller Attunement of the Elements (Bottom Path)
Notes: Currently this path focuses on creating drone buddies for allies and staying close to them to dish out more Rifts and the buddies therein. Generally, Arc drone is short-lived, and you need to stay close to your Rift to keep it around. Now you will be able to take your pal further and, if you stick with friends, will be able to have it around much more often, making this path more potent as support.
- Increased bonus regeneration rate of Rift by 600% per nearby friendly Guardian
- This sounds insane, and it’s a big boost you will definitely feel, but it was previously very low.
- Extends Rift duration from 15 to 20 seconds
- Added a UI notification for when the buff is active
- Extended duration by 50%.
Now let’s talk about some non-Arc Changes, as well…
Voidwalker Nova Warp Super
Notes: Clearly we swung a bit hard when we hit this previously. This should serve as a nice middle ground to settle into.
- Reduced initial charged detonation energy cost by 20%
- Reduced energy cost of holding the charged detonation by 7%
- Reduced time required to fully charge the charged detonation from 0.9 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- Reduced Dark Blink cost by 20%
- Increased base Super duration from 18 seconds to 22 seconds
Dawnblade Everlasting Fire Perk
Notes: Similar to the Striker, we wanted to make sure this perk didn’t allow for infinite Supers in certain activities. We’ve increased the amount you get back upfront but put diminishing returns on it so you can’t go forever. This will still be a Super you can extend much longer with skill.
- Tuned the amount of Super gained from Everlasting Fire
- Initial return increased from 10% to 13% Super energy
- Return then decays linearly over the course of 30 kills from 13% to 0.75% returned per kill
You may be asking “What about Spectral blades???”
We know it’s out of bounds and are working right now on a few tweaks to bring it back in line. We’ll let you know the details once we’ve finished play testing and tuning to lock in on what the changes will be.
Ninja Gaiden 2 Now Xbox One Backwards Compatible
Ninja Gaiden 2 is now backwards compatible for the Xbox One becoming the latest Xbox 360 game to make it to Xbox One and also be enhanced for Xbox One X.
Ninja Gaiden 2 is now available for those who already own it digitally or own the physical copy of the game.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Adds Joker, New Stage Builder
A brand new update for Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has introduced a new stage builder, and Persona 5’s Joker as well.
Joker will be available as part of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass, or can be acquired through the Challenger Pack 1: Joker DLC.
The new stage builder is a drastic improvement for the game, and something that has been leaked in the past week or so.
It allows players to build their own arenas, opening up and endless workd of creativity when it comes to customizing a player’s experience.
The update rolls out a Video Editor as well which allows players to edit any
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate videos they have saved.
Apex Legends Update 1.1.1 Focuses on Caustic and Gibraltar
In the newly rolled out update for Apex Legends, both Caustic and Gibraltar take center stage and get some much needed attention.
Respawn Entertainment has officially released Apex Legends update 1.1.1 and the update reduces the damage taken by both characters.
Additionally, a round of weapon balancing has been applied, a 50% speed increase was made to the Jump Ship, and a UI bug was addressed.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of what has rolled out, specifically for both characters.
- Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
- Gas Damage per tick increased: 1 -> 4
- Ultimate Throw distance increased: 28 meters -> 33 meters
- Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
- Gun Shield health increased: 50 -> 75
- Ninja Gaiden 2 Now Xbox One Backwards Compatible
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Adds Joker, New Stage Builder
- Apex Legends Update 1.1.1 Focuses on Caustic and Gibraltar
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis DLC Launch Trailer Arrives
- Rainbow Six Siege Y4S1.3 Patch Brings Rework, Nerfs, More
- The Division 2 Releases Patch 2.1
- Overwatch Storm Rising Mission Revealed
- News5 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News8 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News4 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News9 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News1 month ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News8 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News3 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster