A new update is due out, Update #26, for PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds and the details are now out.
The new content is mainly Vikendi-focused and comes in at 12GB of space. Here are the full details, according to the official notes:
New Vehicle: Zima
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Zima.
- The Zima replaces UAZs on Vikendi.
- It won’t have perfect control on Vikendi’s snowy plains, however the 4×4 Zima is much easier to maneuver compared to other vehicles.
- While the Zima is relatively slow, it has high durability making it ideal for combat situations.
New Vehicle: Snowbike
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Snowbike.
- The Snowbike replaces motorbikes on Vikendi.
- What the Snowbike lacks in durability, it makes up for with high speed and great maneuverability.
Added a new item, Flare Gun.
- Flare Guns are now available in public matches and can be found as a rare item spawning in the world.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a Flare Gun, fire it directly into the air after the initial blue zone has closed to call in a special care package.
- When firing the Flare Gun inside the current safe zone, you’ll call in a special care package with lots of loot, or an armored UAZ when fired while outside the current safe zone.
- Based on your feedback through our public Flare Gun tests, we’ve made changes to improve the gameplay experience with this item.
- Flare Guns used in the early phase of the game often give a great advantage with little risk, therefore, the Flare Gun will only deliver a care package when used after the first blue zone phase.
- A message will be shown on the UI when a nearby player successfully calls in a special care package with the Flare Gun and an icon indicating the location of the drop will be displayed on the map.
- Calling in an armored UAZ will not display a message on the UI, or be indicated on the map.
- The Flare Gun spawn rate is different on each map.
Please let us know your feedback and how the Flare Gun spices up the mid-game!
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi will end at 26 Feb 18:00 PST.
- The sale of level-up items (5Lv, 20Lv, 50Lv) will end.
- There will be a grace period to claim any unclaimed rewards once the Survivor Pass ends, up until 12th Mar 18:00 PST.
Enter the Survivor Pass menu to check out the result screen showing your progress from Survivor Pass: Vikendi.
- Item rewards and missions completed during the Survivor Pass can be claimed during the grace period. Click “Claim All” on the result screen to claim all applicable rewards.
- The coupon store will expire once the grace period ends, so make sure to use them before then!
- Check out all rewards earned in the rewards tab.
- View all completed missions in the missions tab.
Season 2 was planned to end in February, but has been extended to Mar 19, 2019 PST in order to give more time to allow players more time to hit milestones to receive season rewards.
- Challenge yourself and earn higher rewards during the extended season period.
- The beta season 2 item rewards are now shown on the Season > Overview page after clicking Season Rewards.
- Seasonal rewards will be granted based on the Survivor Title held at the end of beta season 2.
- Beta season 2 rewards will be granted to players who hold the title of Novice or higher.
- You can receive multiple unique rewards and will be granted all rewards up to your highest title.
- Rewards will be granted with the start of the new season which will be announced at a later date.
- Rewards delivery will be completed within 1 day of new season starting.
- If you have not successfully received your rewards 24 hours after the new has begun, please contact Customer Support.
- Any players who are found to have obtained a Survivor Title by violating operation policies may be subject to restriction and/or removal of seasonal rewards.
- Beta season 2 rewards will be granted to players who hold the title of Novice or higher.
- We have applied a new experimental mechanism to the test servers to test a solution to an issue related to rate of fire changing based on FPS. We appreciate all players who have given feedback regarding this issue. This won’t be applied to live servers in the next update, as we want to monitor player feedback to ensure this doesn’t negatively impact the player experience.
- This will be only updated to the test server during Feb 19th – 26th PST.
- This solution will be not updated with the live server update on Feb 26th PST.
- We will be collecting player feedback and doing data analysis during the testing period, as we work towards applying this improvement to live servers in the future.
- Improved reflective effects on the lens of scopes.
- Added a visual lens to scopes to prevent players from seeing the empty inside of the scope in certain situations, improving the look and realism.
- Vehicle tires will now be destroyed immediately when a vehicle explodes.
- Modified conditions to prone, to prevent going prone on very rugged terrain.
- While prone and moving into a position where the character shouldn’t be able to prone, the character will automatically change to crouched position.
- Improved the preview feature in the store.
- When using the preview feature, head, eyes, masks, and outer wear items will automatically unequip to prevent obstructing the view of the item being previewed.
- When previewing head, eyes, masks, hair and makeup, the camera will zoom to better preview the items.
- Crate and Set previews will now show the most recently selected item at the upper right corner
- In Set item preview, characters will equip all of the items from the selected set.
- Weapons/gear skins can now be previewed by themselves without the character by clicking the view detail button to the right side of the preview.
- The emotes preview will play the emote automatically upon pressing preview. Emotes can be replayed using the play buttonat the left top corner of the screen. The play button cannot be pressed while the emote preview is being played.
- The Key Guide page showing default key bindings on the loading screen will not appear if the player has customized their key bindings to prevent confusion.
- Added Rich Presence for Steam and Discord clients (displayed on the friends list) which allows players to share their own and view their friends’ game status with detailed information.
- You can check ‘Game State Status’, ‘Mode’, ‘Match Time Elapsed’.
- For example: PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS – Playing, War Mode, 00:20 elapsed.
- You can check ‘Game State Status’, ‘Mode’, ‘Match Time Elapsed’.
- Improved the Replay Editor features.
- AddedMulti keyframe set save feature which enables multiple edits in a single replay file.
- Added ‘Delete all’ feature which erases all key frames in selected multi key frame.
- Added detailed items such as color correction, free camera lean angle, detailed setting for depth of field etc.
- Improved the Replay Editor so post-corrections and depth of field settings can be applied immediately.
- Improved the UI of the Replay Editor.
- Optimized character animations to improve performance.
- Improved the game loading speed by optimizing the character loading process.
- Improved FPS by optimizing the in-game foliage rendering process.
- Optimized the hit criteria for Molotov when calculating character’s damage.
- Optimized certain elements of the HUD UI which were causing decreased performance.
Skins & Items
- Added a countdown timer to display time remaining to purchase East Erangel Police Crates individually, before they are moved to the pool of random crates on March 26 PST.
- System improvement: The result screen of a match has been separated from the session.
- When a custom match finishes, players will now be able to review the results screen for 10 minutes. The next custom match can be launched 1 minute after the exiting the previous match.
- Vikendi is now available in Esports Mode custom matches.
- The number of vehicles in Esports mode has been increased in all maps.
- Improved observer system animation when moving in to the safe area.
- Fixed an issue with buildings rendering late while freefalling on Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where some buildings could not be seen at certain distances on Vikendi
- Fixed an issue which prevented Dacia speed from being reduced when driving on snow.
- Fixed some terrain/structure related bugs on Erangel and Miramar.
- Fixed the issue where molotov’s flame sound could be heard over a 1km radius.
- Fixed the issue of reticle brightness getting reset when switching scopes or picking up dropped weapons.
- Fixed the issue of dead bodies making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue which could cause grenades to deal damage through floors in certain buildings.
- Fixed an issue which could cause grenades to deal damage through walls of certain buildings.
- Fixed the issue which could cause the remaining number of rounds in a magazine to be displayed incorrectly when reloading.
- Fixed an issue which in specific situations could allow players to move while floating in air by moving around tight terrain while prone.
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle of an SMG would be cutoff on the inventory screen with 3D character render turned on.
- Fixed the issue which prevented switching helmets, vests and weapons when the inventory is full.
- Fixed the issue with the name of two skins being identical.
- Fixed the issue where the S686 could sometimes be fired 3 times in a row due when a player had poor network connectivity.
- Fixed the issue with characters attacking with fists instead of throwing throwables when a player had poor network connectivity.
- Fixed the issue with loading screen image being cropped on 21:9 monitors.
- Fixed the issue with Yes/No button in the team invite pop-up screen not functioning in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue of the loading screen image occasionally remaining in the lobby.
- Fixed the issue with moving to the mode selection screen instead of session list when entering or leaving a custom match session.
- Fixed the issue where the minimap is not properly zoomed in while pressing N (default) during the death cam.
- Fixed the issue in observer mode which showed characters moving in a landing animation incorrectly in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue of parachute icon not shown properly when viewing a map in observer mode.
- Fixed the issue where care package item list does not appear on care packages in the Vikendi cave.
- Fixed the issue with character animation not being shown properly in certain situations while swimming
- Fixed the issue of a character and its shadow not displaying some swimming animations in FPP mode.
- Fixed the issue of being unable to switch weapons when pulling out the safety pin of a grenade.
- Fixed the issue where a smoke grenade’s fuse starts to go off when touching the ground instead of when the pin is pulled out.
- Fixed the issue of throwables becoming invisible after being thrown and switching to a different weapon.
- Fixed the issue of interaction highlight and button being shown for destroyed motorbikes and scooters.
- Fixed the issue of an abnormal character animation being shown when grabbing a Flare Gun in a specific position.
- Fixed the issue of an animation being displayed backwards when the character is armed with melee weapons and walking backwards.
- Fixed the issue of raining effects being shown indoors.
- Fixed the issue of prone key acting as ‘toggle’ when it is set to ‘hold’.
- Fixed the issue of care package being stuck in an abnormal motion when obstructed from landing.
PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
PUBG has rolled out a new patch, patch 4.2, and with it comes a number of small features that have been on the wishlists of many of their dedicated players for a long time.
You can find the full patch notes below, courtesy of their official post.
PUBG PATCH 4.2 NOTES
Vehicle Handling Improvements
- Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Altered Blue Zone Edge Visual Effect
- To improve the gameplay experience, the rolling shimmer effect seen while at the edge of the Blue Zone will no-longer be seen at the center of the screen where the player is aiming.
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Throwables Friction Adjustment
Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
- Smoke Grenades
Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements
- Added master volume preview
- The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
- Added Instant Volume Reducer
This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume
Overcast Weather added to Erangel
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel
- Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment
- Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
Removal of PUBG Esports Signage
- As MET Asia Series and PUBG Nations Cup have now concluded, in-game signage across various maps and the starting plane has been removed.
In-game HUD Improvements
- Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
- Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
- To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
- Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Store UI Improvement
- BP purchasable items are now marked with a BP icon in Store to better differentiate BP and cash items.
- Made performance improvements to mitigate client hitching/stuttering in certain situations.
- Added Erangel Visual Update option to Custom Matches
Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
- Team leaderboard UI seen in observer mode has been changed to allow 4 character team tags (previously 3).
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
SKINS & ITEMS
New skins are available at in-game Store once PC Update 4.2 hits live servers.
- New BP purchasable items
Vector & SLR BattleStat skins
2 Madsy Shoes
- Twitch Broadcaster Royale Group 9 skins
More information will be released via an official announcement for Group 9 of Twitch Broadcaster Royale skins will be released after Update #4.2 arrives on live servers
- Added Regional Esports Baseball Bat skins in celebration of 2019 Phase 3 of PUBG Esports.
- Added Rabbit Season Set items, which can be found in the Featured Page of the in-game Store.
- Fixed an issue where other players would appear to enter the ground temporarily when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to shake or display incorrectly when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where throwables would roll a longer than intended distance on slopes.
- Fixed an issue when walking backwards against the corner of objects, you couldn’t hear your own footsteps, although they were audible by other players.
- Fixed an issue where the item use sound was not audible when using an Adrenaline Syringe or Med kit with the -KoreanRating launch option.
- Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline Syringe and Energy drink could sometimes not be heard from while in spectator view.
- Fixed an issue where Aqua Rail’s speed while reversing was almost same as when moving forward.
- Fixed an issue where constant collision noises could be heard when a vehicle was stationary against an object or terrain.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and start rolling slowly while parked on an angled slope.
- Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom was reset after performing specific actions.
- Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
- Fixed an issue where dropping weapons could only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line was visible when the Holographic Sight reticle is set to max brightness.
- Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink if landing in water from the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where an active boost gauge would display when the UI was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where a placed marker’s location would change on the compass in some cases after opening the map and inventory in sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the Canted Sight binding would reset if set to alt + mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name would display when spectating a disconnected player.
- Fixed an issue where raindrops could pass through certain vehicle roofs.
- Fixed an issue where character head models are not shown in replay or spectator when players enter the motorbike sidecar seat.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps could in some situations be heard intermittently from dead players.
- Fixed an issue where the key guide text was shown when spectating after dying in a squad match
- Fixed an issue where throwables couldn’t be directly picked up and equipped in the item slot when the backpack was full.
- Fixed an issue where the healing amount while using multiple bandages with the auto-bandage feature was less than if using them individually.
Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
A brand new entry into the classic Bubble Bobble franchise is on it’s way when Bubble Bobble 4 Friends officially launches in Europe on November 19th.
If you’re based in North America, the game will arrive within the first three months of 2020, and the game is entirely exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
Take a look at the official trailer for the new game:
Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
Doom Eternal’s new Battlemode is the highly anticipated 2v1 multiplayer mode that will give you 6 arenas to choose from, along with five different demons to play.
- PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
- Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
- Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Update Allows You to Pause Game in Offline Mode
- Fortnite v10.10 Arrives
- Apex Legends Kicks Off Apex Legends Iron Crown Collection Event
- Blizzard Opens Name Reservation for World of Warcraft: Classic
- News9 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News10 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News12 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News8 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News5 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out