A day one patch that is heading to Anthem comes with a few major changes and a handful of fixes, as the game fully launches on February 22nd.
The patch will address several issues with Challenges, centered on issues with finding chests or achieving multi-kills, and will also fix issues with the Tomb of Legionnaires missions.
One bug in particular with the Tomb of Legionnaires, is a chest bug that has plagued game play around the mission.
Here are the full patch notes:
High level fixes
- Improved loading times
- Fixed many infinite loading screens
- Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
- A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
- Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers
General Fixes and Improvements
- Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
- The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
- At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on “Recording Victories” or “Skipping All”.
- Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
- During the mission “What Freelancers Do” dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
- Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
- Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
- Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
- Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
- Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
- The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
- Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
- Players can no longer fall through the floor during the third trial in the Fortress of Dawn
- Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
- After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
- Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
- Corrected an issue during the Mission “Bad Deal” where outlaws won’t spawn, blocking progress
- The start of expedition screen has been improved
- Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
- Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaires progress for all squad members present
- Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
- Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
- Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the “Finding Old Friends” mission while the cinematic is playing
- Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
- Increased the damage of the electric status effect
- Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
- The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
- Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans
- Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
- Temple of Scar – Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
- Temple of Scar – Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
- Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
- Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
- The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
- Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations
Gear and Weapons
- After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
- Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
- Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
- Players can no longer salvage equipped items
- Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren’t intended for
- Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
- The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip
- The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
- The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm’s ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
- The Colossus javelin can now shield and revive at the same time
- Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component
- Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork
- Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made
- Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
- The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
- Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
- Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
- Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
- The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
- An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
- The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
- A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player’s vault is at the cap of 250 items
- On the “Repair the Strider” step of “A Cry for Help” the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
- Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
- Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn’t
FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
The Federal Trade Commission is looking into streamers who may have violated their rules and regulations and could be facing action for non-compliance, according to Gamactica.
The FTC is specifically looking at streamers who have not handled advertisements and sponsorships properly, and according to the report, a crackdown could be on the horizon.
“There are a lot of legal issues with celebrity streamers” attorney Stephen McArthur said. “These streamers NEED to make advertisement disclosures via the FTC guidelines. They should always use #ad hashtags. But they often fail. For example, Nina was paid $1 million to stream Apex for one evening and never disclosed it pursuant to the FTC endorsement guidelines. The FTC has their eyes on streamers are will start cracking down harshly soon.”
With the amount of cash flowing in the rising streaming industry, the FTC is now taking notice and, soon, necessary action.
“Video game streamers are absolutely on the FTC’s radar right now. If a streamer is paid to play, then they must disclose that with an #ad or #sponsored hashtag in a conspicuous place during the stream. Sponsorships is interpreted broadly by the FTC. If you received a free Steam key to play a game for free, then that required the #ad hashtag.”
Let’s face it, there is a boatload of money up for grabs in the industry and mainstream streamer such as Ninja are raking in millions for their streaming efforts.
Now, the onus is on streamers to get their act together to protect their brand and comply with FTC rules and regulations.
“Compliance is easy. Get in the habit of using the “#ad” hashtag on photographs, streams. Tweets, etc. This is effective to avoid FTC liability, McArthur advises.
“If you’re ever not sure whether or not you should disclose something, the streamer should ask herself “Would the viewer want to know this?” If the answer is “yes”, then they should disclose it pursuant to FTC rules.”
Overwatch Workshop Now Available
Following a month or so of testing, the Overwatch Workshop is now available and live for all players.
The new Workshop will allow players to create entirely new game modes, modify behaviour of heroes or weapons, change the camera perspective, along with the ability to make subtle balance changes, and more complex, script-based tweaks as well.
The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
For now, the difficulty of the Division 2 Dark Hours raid will not be adjusted by developer Massive.
The Division 2’s first raid, Dark Hours,recently launched with a lot of controversy due to the immense difficulty.
“We’ve heard rumours about us changing the raid difficulty… there are currently no plans to change that,” community developer Chris Gansler said during this week’s State of the Game developer stream . “We know the raid is harder on consoles, but we are happy with where we’re at.”
- FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Workshop Now Available
- The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
- New Fallout 76 Patch Brings Project Paradise Event, Bug Fixes
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out