Battlefield 5’s new patch, and a new co-op mode, has officially arrived.
Check out the full patch notes below:
Netcode / TTK / TTD Improvements
• Added a new system that will ensure consistency between TTK (Time to Kill) and TTD (Time to Death) regardless of the network performance issues (high latency, jitter, packet loss, etc.) encountered by players. With this change, the damage sequence from first bullet to last bullet hit will always properly be paced over time and will avoid bundling of damage (superbullets).
• Increased the amount of damage updates that can happen in a single packet. This will ensure that the damage is sent to the player as fast as possible and avoid very delayed damage from weapons like shotguns.
• Fixed an issue that caused the client to receive an incorrect amount of damage that would get corrected by the server shortly after. In some cases, the health correction for the client would only happen when a new damage update happens, which led to a desynced state where the player would try to self-heal or interact with other healing sources unsuccessfully.
• Fixed an issue where the player’s health would wrongly update due to incorrect high frequency prioritization. This would commonly happen if there were a lot of players in the area. This issue could present itself when, for example, players tried to heal themselves, but no health was applied when the health pouch was used.
• Fixed an issue where players still could take bullets damage for too long from a player that was recently killed, especially if that player had high latency. When the player is now confirmed killed on the server, damage from that player will be rejected. This change will not affect grenades, rockets and other projectiles that are not bullets
. • Improved the visual replication of projectiles. This will ensure a more consistent directional damage feedback and will increase the accuracy of directional hit indicators.
• Improved the HUD health updates when taking damage.
• Fixed an issue where camera shakes would get delayed. This impacted how fast the player could read the damage feedback.
• Made several improvements to vaultable object detection.
• Fixed an exploit where players could destroy their own vehicles to gain points.
• The Blenheim Mk IF and Stuka B-1 now properly use “flight zoom radius” settings for the minimap.
• Fixed an issue with the Flakpanzer AA which caused it to deal an unintended amount of damage to airplanes when using the default four-barrel gun.
• The AA gun barrels on the Valentine AA tank now follow the movement properly when the user is aiming in zoomed-in mode.
• The Blenheim MK IF and Blenheim MKI is again able to get more ammo when flying through the reload checkpoint for their primary weapon.
• In Single Player, the hit boxes for planes have been increased during the Under No Flag War Story, in the section when the player uses the Flak 38.
• The resupply icon is now properly displayed for the Sturmtiger when players are in first person perspective in the resupply area.
• The Churchill Mk VII Tank now takes damage as intended when getting hit on the front sides and rear.
• Increased the velocity and drag of all tank shells. The shells travel faster in short encounters but have similar ballistic curves and velocity at distance. This makes tank fights at mid range feel more powerful and immediate, without enabling tank sniping at long range. Additionally, this creates a larger gap between HE and AP shell ballistics, making AP shells easier to aim at longer ranges.
• Increased the armor value of heavy tanks by 25% against tank cannons. The Tiger and Churchill were outmatched by upgraded medium tanks, and generally were not survivable enough against threats to justify their lower speed and maneuverability.
• Increased the damage values of all armor-piercing specialized shells by 30%. These shells rely upon hits from good angle far more than the basic HE shells. Their damage values were too low to compensate for the angle damage, making them less effective than HE shells in many situations. AP shells should now be a better choice than HE shells when fighting tanks and making good shots, but a worse choice if the angle of attack is poor.
• Increased the damage of all tank shells versus infantry by 12%. This should make the tank shells properly lethal against infantry who are crouched, prone, or sprinting.
• Slightly reduced the splash damage of the PIAT against infantry, especially at close ranges.
• Fixed several vehicles which took more than the intended amount of damage when a shell ricocheted off their armor: Panzer 38t, Churchill Crocodile, Halftracks, Panzer IV, Staghound, and Tiger.
• Reduced the damage of the Churchill Mk VII Howitzer upgrade against Vehicles. This shell should be highly effective against infantry, and the lethal potential of the shell against infantry is unchanged. For vehicles, the HESH projectile is still highly effective against all targets, and thus is now more attractive as a Specialization in the tree.
• Increased the amount of aim assist on vehicles to be equal to the soldier aim assist.
• The BK37 now detonates when hitting tanks, even at very poor angles. This increases the damage done versus tanks for these poor angle shots.
• Increased the burn time of the flares dropped by airplanes and launched by tanks to be equal to the Recon’s spotting flare.
• Spawning into the Panzer 38T on a squad mate will now have a smoother transition with less camera clipping issues.
• Fixed a bug which would hinder players from entering a vehicle if Dynamite was placed exactly on the top of the entry indicator of a vehicle.
• It’s no longer possible to danger ping a vehicle through smoke.
• Improved tank tracks on terrain to look better after multiple tanks have driven over the same area.
• Ragdolls now properly disappear after a player has redeployed after getting killed in a seat of a vehicle
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
• Adjusted the weapon settle sway animation when moving from hip fire to ADS to better match the actual accuracy transition. The sight will now settle in place faster.
• Fixed an issue where in some rare cases the Medic would be unable to self-heal.
• The Turner SMLE will now show the soldier reloading the weapon by properly adding bullet by bullet.
• Added the missing sight rewards for the Zk-383’s progression.
• Fixed a bug with the bipod which enabled players to mount it mid-air next to walls.
• Sniper decoys can no longer be placed upon each other to reach unintended areas.
• Fixed an issue where Spawn Beacons would snap onto surfaces above the player (trees etc.).
• Greatly improved the detection of areas where players are allowed to deploy Spawn Beacons.
• Greatly improved the detection of obstacles between the player and the potential Spawn Beacon.
• Disabled placement of Spawn Beacons under water.
• Reduced the maximum distance at which a player is allowed to deploy a Spawn Beacon to 1,35m instead of 2m to reduce conflicts with obstacles between the player and the “potential Spawn Beacon”.
• On the Practice Range, all parts of the MG42 weapon are now visible.
• Fixed a bug where the player’s weapons sometimes would become invisible when exiting a vehicle.
• Fixed an issue when using an ammo pouch which could result in the animation showing a health pouch instead or vice versa.
• Fixed a rare bug which could result in players being unable to reload the KE7 if they, with exact timing, activated aim down sights when the last bullet in the magazine was fired.
• Mines placed by your team will no longer explode if you drive over them with a vehicle that has a towable attached.
• The Zk-383 magazine is no longer misaligned when reloading viewed from third person.
• Fixed a bug where, after using Squad Reinforcements, the squad radio would not de-equip.
• The Tanker and Pilot classes no longer build Fortifications faster than the Support class with the engineer Combat Role.
• The overheat effect on machine guns is no longer misaligned in third person.
• Players are no longer able to aim down sight with the Squad Reinforcement binoculars which was causing a black mesh to block the player’s view.
• Fixed an issue where Ammo and Health crates could sometimes fall through the game world.
• Spawning on the Spawn Beacon now makes you face the proper direction (towards the beacon). Weapon balance Shotgun Slugs
• Increased two-hit kill range to 30 m (was 25 m) and increased one headshot kill range to 50 m (was 35 m) when using the Solid Slug specialization. Slugs were a bit disappointing in terms of damage over distance, so we slowed down their damage drop-off. PIAT
• Reduced reload time to 2.75 s (was 2.9 s) and increased reload threshold to 0.6 (was 0.5). The PIAT’s reload timer was slightly longer than the animation looked, and it was possible to skip parts of the reload time by doing a weapon swap. KE7
• Increased initial vertical recoil to 0.7 (was 0.65), decreasing to 0.52 (was 0.5) after four shots. • Increased horizontal recoil to 0.48 (was 0.45).
• Changed recoil pattern. The KE7 was still slightly too controllable for its rate of fire, so we increased recoil across the board. Turner SMLE
• Reduced maximum damage to 40 (was 45). M1944
• Reduced maximum damage to 40 (was 45).
• Reduced range at which one head and one body shot is lethal to 30 m (was 35 m). Gewehr 1-5
• Reduced maximum damage to 36 (was 40).
• Reduced range at which one head and one body shot is lethal to 10 m (was 30 m). These semi-autos had a very high chance to get a kill with only two hits on a wounded target, which seems unnecessary given their good base TTK. Additionally, the Gewehr 1-5 was extremely strong up to 30 meters whenever you landed one headshot, so we reduced this range to 10 meters. Zk-383
• Increased horizontal recoil to 0.765 (was 0.68) when using the Light Bolt Specialization. With the increased rate of fire, the Zk-383 was a bit too accurate compared to the M1928A1 considering the flexibility from being able to use the bipod. Bayonet
• Removed damage reduction during bayonet charge, added a 1.3 sprint speed multiplier. This brings the behavior of bayonet charge in line with Battlefield™ 1.
Maps and Modes
• Frontlines – Fixed an issue where some maps had no constructible Fortifications.
• Fjell 652 – Fixed an exploit where players could stand on the cliff face when they should have been out of the combat area.
• Fjell 652 – Players can once again build all kinds of Fortifications when playing Frontlines.
• Devastation – Fixed an issue where players could get stuck or fall through the ground in the library area.
• Devastation – Fixed collision on multiple places to prevent players from using map exploits.
• Devastation – Fixed an occluder that was sticking out.
• Devastation – Fixed some collision to stop people from getting stuck.
• Devastation – Added a ladder Fortification to the library.
• Devastation – Moved a health station in the library to not clip with another asset.
• Devastation – Added collision to allow people to easier access the second floor of the library.
• Fjell 652 – Fixed a rock that was unvaultable near Flag E on Conquest.
• Aerodrome – On Breakthrough, fixed an issue which resulted in players getting spawned outside of the combat area.
• Panzerstorm – Fixed a floating stationary anti-air gun.
• Panzerstorm – Improved the transitions between weather states.
• Panzerstorm – Improved the borders on the deploy screen when playing Conquest to show neutral borders more accurately.
• Panzerstorm – Fixed some floating Fortifications.
• Panzerstorm – Borders on the deploy screen are now easier to see if the fog weather state is active.
• Arras – Spawn Beacons placed by the church tower now properly get destroyed when the church tower gets destroyed.
• Arras – The hedgerow collision has been tweaked to reduce the chance of projectiles incorrectly hitting invisible collision.
• Narvik – Turrets and cannons can now be rebuilt and repaired on this map.
• Hamada – Players are now able to control the free camera in spectator mode when switching between table top to free camera mode.
• Rotterdam – Fixed an issue with a ladder where players were able to reach an unintended area below the water.
• Rotterdam – Made it easier to climb out of the water near the B flag on Conquest.
• Rotterdam – Players are no longer able to climb to the rooftop located near point D on Conquest.
• Rotterdam – Fixed some issues with the combat area and its collision where previously you could drive through backdrop houses with a tank.
• Rotterdam – Adjusted terrain a tiny bit to prevent players from glitching below it.
• Rotterdam – Added collision to prevent people from climbing on houses around the D flag.
• Practice Range – Decreased the explosion size of the skeets as they could block the view of the other skeets.
• Aerodrome – Fixed a spawn point on Frontlines where players could deploy out of bounds in a tank when playing as Axis
. • Aerodrome – Players will no longer jump high into the air when vaulting over bomb cart carrier after vaulting over the railing on the balcony just straight above it in the airplane hangar.
• Practice range – Fixed a bug where it was not possible to switch to another weapon after using the M30 Drilling.
• The Last Tiger War Story – Fixed an issue where players could end up in an infinite loading screen after the last cinematic in the story had ended.
• The in-game chat has been disabled during the Final Stand game mode to hinder players from exposing the position of players
Remaining notes can be found here.
Football Manager 2023 Arrives in November
SEGA has announced that Football Manager 2023 will be making it’s official arrival on October 8th, across Playstation 5, Apple Arcade, Nintendo Switch, and on day one through Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
Additionally, Football Manager 2023 Mobile for iOS and Android will also arrive on November 8th.
“FM23 marks another significant step forward for the Football Manager series as we debut on two new platforms,” said Miles Jacobson, Sports Interactive’s studio director. “Fans have been calling for us to produce a PlayStation title for a number of years, so I’m excited for those players to now get the chance to experience the closest thing to being a real football manager.”
September Xbox Game Pass Games Announced
Xbox is rolling out their select slate of games for Xbox Game Pass for the month of September and is highlighted by the Disney farming life sim Disney Dreamlight Valley. Opus Magnum (PC) and Train Sim World 3 (console, PC) are also available.
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation on PC, and DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace on PC, console and cloud, arrive on September 13th.
You Suck at Parking will release day one on cloud, console and PC on September 14th while Rhythm FPS Metal: Hellsinger (PC, Xbox Series X/S) and rogue-like tactics game Despot’s Game (console, PC) arrive the following day.
Additionally, Game Pass subscribers will also gain access to updates and DLC (and discounts) for Dead by Daylight, Grounded, The Elder Scrolls Online, Halo Infinite and more.
Here are a list of games departing on September 15th:
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Craftopia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- I Am Fish (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Mighty Goose (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- SkateBird (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- The Artful Escape (Cloud, Console, and PC)
God of War Ragnarok Shows Off Gameplay within Svartalfheim
A brand new gameplay video for God of War Ragnarok, which is one of the most anticipated games coming to Playstation this fall, has showed off some of the action within Svartalfheim, one of the Nine Realms of the World Tree.
Fans have been waiting for some glimpses into the new game, and now they can check out Kratos and Atreus finally venturing into all nine realms.
Check out the new video, courtesy of Game Informer:
- Football Manager 2023 Arrives in November
- September Xbox Game Pass Games Announced
- God of War Ragnarok Shows Off Gameplay within Svartalfheim
- CD Projekt RED Drops Trailer for Cyberpunk 2077’s First Expansion
- Victoria 3 Officially Arrives on October 25th
- Back 4 Blood’s Children of the Worm DLC Drops
- Rocksmith+ Arriving September 6th
- News4 years ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News4 years ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News4 years ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News4 years ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News4 years ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News4 years ago
Find the ‘GhostBusters’ Firehouse in Spider-Man
- News4 years ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News4 years ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3