A brand new update will arrive for Rainbow Six Seige next week and Ubisoft has released the patch notes ahead of it’s deployment.
The update, Y3S4.2 will arrive on February 6th, and bring with it the following:
Rainbow Six Siege update Y3S4.2 – patch notes
- Damage decreased to 65 (from 99).
- Adjustments to damage falloff to align with other pistols for consistency.
- Reduced magazine size to 12 (from 15).
- Increased recoil to make chaining shots at long-range more challenging.
- Increased hipfire spread to reduce the viability of spamming non-ADS shots.
- Upgrade to full-automatic fire mode from 2-round burst fire mode.
- Updated recoil to align with other full-auto weapons.
- Increase total ammunition at 161 (from 121)
- Increased damage to 33 (from 30).
- AUG A3
- Increase ADS speed by 33% to align with other SMGs.
Doc + Rook
- Decrease max damage to 27 (from 30).
- Yellow light on Nomad’s Airjab will now blink during activation delay.
- Fixed – Visual graphics glitch that impairs player sight. (Also known as the “Bird Box” glitch)
- Fixed – The shield collision box is not synced properly when the player looks up and down.
- Fixed – On Bomb, counter defuser will instantly appear in operators’ hands instead of playing counter defuser animation
- Fixed – Missing frames on crouch replays on end of round replay and death cam replay.
- Fixed – Defusing at the last moment will not stop the round timer and prevents the round from ending.
- Fixed – The holographic sight reticle thickness.
- Fixed – Players can become immune to Stun/Flashbang effects after being stunned multiple times in THunt.
- Fixed – Recruit operator has Fuze’s default green ballistic shield skin instead of a black shield skin.
- Fixed- Users in a PVE squad session can be stuck in an infinite loading screen after voting to retry.
- Fixed – In Pick and Ban, if player votes ‘No ban’ for the first ban, the ‘No ban’ option is automatically selected in the second ban-round.
- Fixed – In Custom matches, the Operator art remains grayed out when ‘Change Operator’ button is pressed during 6th pick.
- Fixed – In Custom matches, players cannot re-pick their previous Operator selection during 6th pick.
- Fixed – In Custom matches, when the Attacker’s Unique Spawn option is set to off, the Attacker’s tactical map may have missing or displaced icons.
- Fixed – In Custom matches, when a player leaves after spawn location vote, their vote count text remains.
- Fixed – Players who are Clearance Level 5+ can’t create a Custom Online game when in a squad with users who have a CL less than 5.
- NomadFixed – Drone collision issues with Nomad’s Airjab when deployed on any surface.
- Fixed – Fire damage from any environmental map sources will not destroy Nomad’s Airjab.
- Fixed – Nomad’s Airjab does not deploy on some types of debris.
- Fixed – Certain gadgets are not destroyed even when Nomad’s Airjab pushes an Operator through them.
- Fixed – Mute’s jammer can cause incorrect Airjab detonation behavior.
- Fixed – One of Nomad’s VO lines does not play properly during Airjab detonation.
- Fixed – When Nomad deploys an Airjab inside a smoke grenade, she can sometimes gain vision inside the smoke grenade’s area of effect.
- Fixed – Nomad’s Airjabs can sometimes be activated and destroyed at the same time.
- Fixed – The yellow laser on Nomad’s Airjab will shift left when the unequip animation is interrupted.
- Fixed – Alibi’s Prisma will not activate when dropped by Alibi after being pushed-back by Nomad’s Airjab
- Fixed – Addressed recoil differences of Kaid’s TCSG12 with mouse vs controller input.
- Fixed – A round remains in the chamber while performing a full reload of Kaid’s TCSG12.
- Fixed – Lesion’s Gu Mine will deploy in electrical barbed wire if deployed before or at the same time Electroclaw activates.
- Fixed – The Electroclaw visual zone effect disappears after being deployed when switching operators in Support mode.
- Fixed – Gadgets will still remain electrified by Kaid’s Electroclaw even after destroying the barbed wire on which the gadget was originally deployed.
- Fixed – Some parts of Kaid’s uniform clips with the player’s camera when prone against a wall.
- Fixed – The AOE effect indicator for Kaid’s Electroclaw is missing or is smaller while the gadget redeploys itself after falling off from a deployable shield.
- Fixed – Some walls do not respond properly to destruction after being hit in the same spot repeatedly.
- Fixed – Sound propagation issues in Kitchen / Central Stairs on Fortress.
- Fixed – Operators bodies clip through the wall of 1F Kitchen on Fortress.
- Fixed – Operator bodies can clip through a box on 1F Hammam.
- Fixed – Floating debris when destroying ceiling surfaces in 2F Bathroom.
- Fixed – Players sometimes pass through the indestructible separator walls of 1F Courtyard on Fortress when activating Nomad’s Airjab from a certain angle
- Fixed– Players can vault through the floor to 2F Bathroom on Coastline.
- Fixed – When placing Fuze’s Cluster charges on the floor above certain metal beams, the pellets will detonate but will not deal damage to the environment or the players.
- Fixed – Certain ceilings on Chalet don’t destruct properly due to horizontal pillars blocking explosions.
- Fixed – Players sometimes clip through wooden walls of Kanal.
- Fixed – Ranked match summary displays the individual MMR earned from the match, and not the Player’s current total MMR.
- Fixed – Players sometimes receive a [2-0x00009008] Game Full error in Casual matchmaking.
- Fixed – Voice chat audio continues to transmit even when alt-tabbed out of the client.
- Fixed – Erroneous menu UI visual effects when using a controller.
- Fixed – Menu UI tabs sometimes overlap when using two different inputs.
- Fixed – Two observation tool key binding popups still erroneously popup on first boot for new players.
- Fixed – Scrollbar overlaps the end of the details list for seasonal weapons.
- Fixed – Incorrect compass location is displayed when drones are close to the ceiling.
- Fixed – Players can duplicate weapon skins between two weapons.
- Fixed – 2D visual corruption when vaulting over any thin objects.
- Fixed – VFX issue with Reflex sigh on Spetsnaz attachments.
- Fixed – FNP9 Pistol Iron sight not centered properly.
- Fixed – Killcam replay moves sporadically when an operator dies from a thrown C4.
- Fixed – Kaid and Nomad’s default headgear is misnamed.
- Fixed – The “Canadian Trenches” Uniform for Frost has a clipping issue around the chest area.
- Fixed – Glaz’s Elite Uniforms & Headgears have missing titles on the Operator screen.
- Fixed – Headgears are not arranged by order in player’s inventory.
- Fixed – Sorting charms by price leads to an alphabetical sort in the shop.
- Fixed – The Vigil Chibi Charm visual effects missing around the sides of his mask
PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
PUBG has rolled out a new patch, patch 4.2, and with it comes a number of small features that have been on the wishlists of many of their dedicated players for a long time.
You can find the full patch notes below, courtesy of their official post.
PUBG PATCH 4.2 NOTES
Vehicle Handling Improvements
- Improved vehicle handling of the Scooter, Snowmobile, Snowbike and Motorcycle with Sidecar, thus improving overall driving stability.
Motorcycle with Sidecar off-road driving control and stability has been greatly improved.
Altered Blue Zone Edge Visual Effect
- To improve the gameplay experience, the rolling shimmer effect seen while at the edge of the Blue Zone will no-longer be seen at the center of the screen where the player is aiming.
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Throwables Friction Adjustment
Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
- Smoke Grenades
Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing ‘Z’.
The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
Once the engine is off, pressing ‘W’ to accelerate or ‘Z’ will start the engine again.
Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Sound QoL Improvements
- Added master volume preview
- The master volume can now be previewed while in the menu, to better allow users to set their preferred maximum volume level.
This can be founder under Settings – Audio – Sound – Master volume and by clicking on the ‘play’ button.
- Added Instant Volume Reducer
This new feature temporary decreases the volume of games sound effects to facilitate more clear communication with teammates.
Use ‘F7’ to reduce game master volume, while maintaining the volume of voice chat.
Use ‘F7’ key again to return to the original volume
Overcast Weather added to Erangel
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
Destructible Objects on Erangel
- Additional destructible pylons and barricades have been added to Erangel. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
Some existing objects which were previously indestructible are now destructible, such as the traffic cones in Mylta.
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment
- Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
Removal of PUBG Esports Signage
- As MET Asia Series and PUBG Nations Cup have now concluded, in-game signage across various maps and the starting plane has been removed.
In-game HUD Improvements
- Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
- Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
- To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
- Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Store UI Improvement
- BP purchasable items are now marked with a BP icon in Store to better differentiate BP and cash items.
- Made performance improvements to mitigate client hitching/stuttering in certain situations.
- Added Erangel Visual Update option to Custom Matches
Erangel Visual Update will be called “Erangel” and the previous version will be called “Erangel Classic”.
All game modes will be playable on both Erangel variants.
- Team leaderboard UI seen in observer mode has been changed to allow 4 character team tags (previously 3).
- The replay system has been updated. Replay files from previous updates are now unavailable for use.
SKINS & ITEMS
New skins are available at in-game Store once PC Update 4.2 hits live servers.
- New BP purchasable items
Vector & SLR BattleStat skins
2 Madsy Shoes
- Twitch Broadcaster Royale Group 9 skins
More information will be released via an official announcement for Group 9 of Twitch Broadcaster Royale skins will be released after Update #4.2 arrives on live servers
- Added Regional Esports Baseball Bat skins in celebration of 2019 Phase 3 of PUBG Esports.
- Added Rabbit Season Set items, which can be found in the Featured Page of the in-game Store.
- Fixed an issue where other players would appear to enter the ground temporarily when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to shake or display incorrectly when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where throwables would roll a longer than intended distance on slopes.
- Fixed an issue when walking backwards against the corner of objects, you couldn’t hear your own footsteps, although they were audible by other players.
- Fixed an issue where the item use sound was not audible when using an Adrenaline Syringe or Med kit with the -KoreanRating launch option.
- Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline Syringe and Energy drink could sometimes not be heard from while in spectator view.
- Fixed an issue where Aqua Rail’s speed while reversing was almost same as when moving forward.
- Fixed an issue where constant collision noises could be heard when a vehicle was stationary against an object or terrain.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and start rolling slowly while parked on an angled slope.
- Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom was reset after performing specific actions.
- Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
- Fixed an issue where dropping weapons could only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line was visible when the Holographic Sight reticle is set to max brightness.
- Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink if landing in water from the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where an active boost gauge would display when the UI was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where a placed marker’s location would change on the compass in some cases after opening the map and inventory in sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the Canted Sight binding would reset if set to alt + mouse wheel.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name would display when spectating a disconnected player.
- Fixed an issue where raindrops could pass through certain vehicle roofs.
- Fixed an issue where character head models are not shown in replay or spectator when players enter the motorbike sidecar seat.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps could in some situations be heard intermittently from dead players.
- Fixed an issue where the key guide text was shown when spectating after dying in a squad match
- Fixed an issue where throwables couldn’t be directly picked up and equipped in the item slot when the backpack was full.
- Fixed an issue where the healing amount while using multiple bandages with the auto-bandage feature was less than if using them individually.
Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
A brand new entry into the classic Bubble Bobble franchise is on it’s way when Bubble Bobble 4 Friends officially launches in Europe on November 19th.
If you’re based in North America, the game will arrive within the first three months of 2020, and the game is entirely exclusive to Nintendo Switch.
Take a look at the official trailer for the new game:
Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
Doom Eternal’s new Battlemode is the highly anticipated 2v1 multiplayer mode that will give you 6 arenas to choose from, along with five different demons to play.
- PUBG Patch 4.2 Rolls Out
- Bubble Bobble Sequel Adds Four-Player Co-Op to Nintendo Switch
- Take A Look at Doom Eternal’s 2v1 Battlemode
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood Update Allows You to Pause Game in Offline Mode
- Fortnite v10.10 Arrives
- Apex Legends Kicks Off Apex Legends Iron Crown Collection Event
- Blizzard Opens Name Reservation for World of Warcraft: Classic
- News9 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News10 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News12 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News8 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News5 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out