It’s a bit early, but a brand new patch for Fallout 76 has arrived on PC and it comes packed with 150 fixes and improvements, and addresses a number of issues pertaining to perks, weapons, and crafting, among others.
Fallout 76 patch – January 10
Download sizes for this update will be approximately 4GB for consoles and around 500MB for PC.
Reminder that PC will be receiving the update first with console to follow next week. Patch notes will remain the same pending any changes there may be.
- Power Armor: The Power Armor light has been made brighter.
- Performance: Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Charging Barrels mod: Increased the Gatling Laser’s damage bonus from the Charging Barrels mod.
- Glowing Ones : Glowing Ones will no longer grant erroneous large amounts of XP. DevNote: Glowing Ones were granting Large Boss XP rewards, making them highly exploitable when combined with Nuke Zones.
- Crafting: Lowered chance of Power Generators of spawning fusion cores.
- Crafting: Set minimum component cost of workshop buildings requiring steel, wood or plastic to 2.
- Bobby Pins: Reduced the weight value of Bobby Pins from 0.1 to 0.001.
- Teams: Players now receive a notification that “Players cannot form teams from within Vault 76” if an Invite is sent to a friend still in Vault 76.
- PvP: Opening Player-owned, locked containers will now be considered a PVP action as expected.
Stability and Performance
- [Xbox One] Performance: Blowing up the mainframe core stations will no longer cause a performance drop.
- [PC] Infinite Load: Fixed an infinite load screen that could occur when attempting to join a server on PC.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that can occur when opening the Pip-Boy.
- Performance: Improved client performance when a Nuke viewing a nuke explode.
- Performance: Fixed an issue where reading a note would cause the background to freeze.
- Performance: Increased performance in areas with a lot of scorched statues.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where items could be duplicated.
- [PC] Controls: Resetting controls to default no longer causes most Activate prompts to become unusable.
- [PC] Controls: Fixed an issue when controls in the Settings menu aren’t updated when connecting/disconnecting a gamepad controller.
- Systems: Fixed an issue that allowed armor mods to reduce carry weight past intended values.
- Systems: Rads will no longer completely be removed when by dying repeatedly.
- Systems: Address an issue where players could load into geometry after fast travel.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with the Railway Rifle or Crossbow would add the projectile to the enemy’s inventory.
Art and Graphics
- Animations: Lever-Action rile now only reloads the correct number of ammo.
- Effects: Consumed Berry Mentats now correctly show purple glowing auras around players and creatures.
C.A.M.P.S, Workshops and Crafting
- Crafting: Level 25 armor and above now requires anti-ballistic fiber to craft.
- Repairing: Component quantities required to repair mid to high level armor and weapons have been reduced up to 20%. DevNote: – Repair costs scale with level, and there’s room to reduce costs at higher levels.
- Crafting: Anti-ballistic Fiber becomes required for armor at level 25 instead of previously at level 20
- Crafting: Updated Bulk Acid crafting recipe to require 15 Acid.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue that prevented players with the correctly equipped perk cards from being able to craft Antibiotics and Disease Cure (Savage Divide).
- Crafting: “Hardened Mass” will no longer be scrapped when “Scrap All Junk” is selected.
- Repairing: Overall repair costs have been lowered for both weapons and armor.
- Crafting: Anti-ballistic Fiber also is now required for repairing armor at level 25 and above instead of previously at level 20.
- Workshops: Fixed issues where enemies at some Workshop locations would spawn underground, making the Workshops unclaimable. Locations include: Charleston Landfill, Lakeside Cabins, and Sunshine Meadows.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where objects in Workshops would sometimes float in the air when the Workshop menu was closed.
- Workshops: Destroying the hay feeder along with the fertilizer collector will no longer prevent them from being repaired.
- C.A.M.P./Workshops: Placing Power Armor workbenches on foundation will no longer cause them to place on the floor/ceiling above.
- C.A.M.P./Workshops: Fixed an issue that would cause a “not supported” error when attempting to place a tall or short post under a roof.
- Blueprints: Fixed an issue with the cost of wires not being factored in when storing blueprints.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where certain objects aren’t able to be scrapped through the stored tab.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where certain stored items obtained from claiming a Public Workshop can’t be placed again.
- Crafting: Fixed a visual issue with scrapping items in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where mods cost less steel than what’s displayed in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed a display issue where incorrect number of Junk items can appear in Crafting Menus.
- Daily Challenges: Fixed several daily challenges that were not being offered on some days. Dev Note: These include “Pick Wild Flowers”, “Harvest Mutfruit Plants”, and “Harvest Wild Plants and Fungi”.
- Daily Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented some wild flowers from incrementing in the “Pick Wild Flowers” Daily Challenge.
- Weekly Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused the weekly challenge “Complete Quests and Events in a Group while at Night” to work during the day and only recognize events. It will now look for quests and events that are completed at night.
- Weekly Challenge: Edited the description of a Weekly Challenge to correctly reflect the direction.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain photomode challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain Bobblehead challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused a challenge to be marked as complete incorrectly.
- Lifetime Challenges: Fixed an issue where some lifetime challenges would revert progress after logging out.
- Robots: Fixed an issue that would cause robots to respawn too frequently in Whitesprings.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Wasteland Whisperer could affect Scorched. Dev Note: Wasteland Whisperer can no longer be used to pacify Scorched.
- Scorched: Shooting a Scorched in the leg will no longer break their weapon causing them to not attack the player.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Scorched may be using invisible weapons or not appearing to fire their weapon correctly.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue that caused floating debris and disassembled guns to appear in Scorched hands when killed.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause plasma weapons, flamers and flamer mods, and weapons with explosive bullet mods to not do damage to other players and creatures.
- Armor: Fixed an issue that would cause players exiting power armor to sometimes appear stretched and unable to reenter power armor.
- Armor: Addressed several issues that would prevent players from exiting power armor and at times cause the Pip-Boy to become unavailable.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that prevented the Gauss Rifle from being identified as a rifle. Now rifle-related perks can be applied to the Gauss Rifle.
- Ammo Vending Machines: Fixed an issue where some Ammo Vending Machines were only selling repair components.
- Weapons: Legendary Hunting Rifles will now drop as loot.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where the Walking Cane provided as many resources when scrapped as it costs to craft.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where some Pocketed Chest Pieces were resetting players back to their base carry weight upon logging back into the game.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where players can leave behind an unusable chassis after exiting Power Armor.
- Magazine: Consuming Scouts’ Life 6 magazine now correctly depletes food and water stats at a slower rate.
- Weapons: M79 Grenade Launcher is now considered an explosive weapon in perks instead of being incorrectly considered a shotgun.
- Fusion Cores: Fixed an issue where Fusion Core generators were producing cores at a slower rate than intended. They are now back to 8 cores/hr.
- Magazine: Fixed the Backwoodsman 2 magazine to appropriately boost Tomahawk damage.
- Mirelurk Eggs: Harvesting Mirelurk Eggs will not result in two separate eggs.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where several combat rifle automatic receiver mods were prevented from receiving automatic rifle perk bonuses.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where multiple weapons were able to be equipped at the same time.
- Weapons: The Vampire weapon mod effect now works only when hitting living targets as intended.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where Power Armor parts would display on top of previously equipped parts.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with certain weapons would add the projectile to the enemy’s inventory.
- Armor: Fusion Cores will no longer replenish to full charge upon joining another world.
Quests and Events
- “Get the Supply Drop”: “Get the Supply Drop” Event now will remove holotape once used with supply crate belonging to the player that requested the Supply Drop.
- Quest: Daily Missile Silo quest rewards are now correctly obtainable only once per day.
- “Line in the Sand”: Fixed an issue with the quest, Line in the Sand where the Sonic Generator already being repaired prevented the player from completing the quest. The event will now progress to the next stage if the Sonic Generator is already repaired when the Event begins.
- “Recruitment Blues”: Fixed an issue with the objective, “find Junk Mail” that prevented players who switched worlds from completing the quest.
- “Second Helpings”: The following location map markers are now available after finishing “Second Helpings”: Slocum’s Joe, Gauley Mine, Morgantown Trainyard, and Morgantown Airport.
- All Night Long: All Night Long now decreases hunger and thirst growth at night.
- Overdrive: Fixed an issue where Overdrive was not increasing critical chance % properly.
- Quack Surgeon: Quack Surgeon no longer allows for reviving hostile players.
- Strange in Numbers: Strange in Numbers effects now scale properly with multiple teammates (with and without mutations).
- Refractor: Fixed an error where each rank of Refactor is doubling energy resistance instead of adding +20 as indicated on the Perk card description.
- Fireproof: Fireproof now reduces explosion and flame attack damage by 15% per rank.
- Happy Camper: Happy Camper now functions correctly whether the player is inside or outside of their C.A.M.P. when the perk conditions are refreshed.
- Butcher’s Bounty: Fixed an issue that allowed for the Butcher’s Bounty perk to trigger again on an already-searched creature.
- Homebody: The Homebody perk now works as intended when at a claimed Public Workshop.
- Party Boy/Girl: Party Boy/Girl now effects active alcohol effects on the player.
- Teams: Teamed players can no longer unfairly block an attacking player when that player attempts to overtake a workshop. Your teammate will enter PVP with the attacking player.
- Turrets: Turrets at Workshops will now attack players the Workshop owner is engaged in PvP with.
- Systems: Blocking a player now also mutes their proximity chat.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where players could view another player’s inventory before they can respond to a trade invite.
- Trade: We no longer let trades occur before the requested player has consented to trade.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where the Stash transfer menu would appear empty after previously trading with another player.
- Trade: Stimpaks with a price value set to zero will no longer prompt “use” in the Trade Menu instead of “accept”.
- Trade: Fixed an exploit where the cap limit of 5000 in player-to-player trades could be removed.
- Chat: Fixed an issue where voice chat would not always function properly upon exiting the Atomic Shop.
- Atomic Shop: Fixed an issue where some Atomic Shop content was missing sound effects.
- Atomic Shop: “Waving Santa” sound effect will now only play when in “on” state.
- General: Players no longer will receive a pop-up for the Atomic Shop when Respawning for the first time.
- [PC] Resolution: Perk Pack opening screen now extends to the edge on 21:9 monitors.
- Atomic Shop: Players in the Atomic Shop when the Atomic Shop is taken offline will now be notified and taken back to the Main Menu.
- [PC] FOV: Fixed an issue with scoped weapons zooming incorrectly when the default Field of View setting has been changed.
- PvP: Fixed an issue where the PVP prompt would appear repeatedly while the same players engaged in combat with each other.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Arriving October 31st
Nintendo has announced that Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be arriving a bit later than we had been anticipating.
Originally rumored to be arriving on October 4th, Nintendo of America has announced that the game will instead arrive on October 31st.
PUBG Update 4.1 Now Live
A rather large update for PUBG has rolled out and update 4.1 marks the first update in Season 4.
Here are the official patch notes, per the PUBG blog:
Welcome to PUBG SEASON 4! Quick note before we start! As we take a glimpse into Erangel’s past, it’s the perfect time to talk about the future of PUBG’s seasonal content. Going forward, game updates will revolve around new seasons, which will feature new content, skins, gameplay updates, and Survivor Pass with plenty of missions and rewards to enjoy and enrich your experience on the Battlegrounds. This also means we’ll be naming our updates a little differently. For example, this is the first update of Season 4 on PC, so it will be referred to as “PC Update 4.1” in the patch notes. Season 4 will launch on consoles in late Summer!
PUBG SEASON 4 unveils a stunning new visual update for Erangel and reaches back into the undiscovered history of the infamous island that captured the world’s attention with Battle Royale. Erangel, which has a special home in the hearts of many of us, now features refreshed buildings, upgraded graphics, and some revelations as to the island’s combat-scarred history.
Erangel Visual Update
“Everyone is searching for themselves. That search ends here. Welcome to the Battlegrounds.”
Since launch, millions of players have dropped into Erangel to take part in PUBG’s heart-pounding take on Battle Royale. It’s with that same passion that we dove into this visual update with the goal of bringing our most classic map in line with our more recent offerings, all without losing the magic that made it a fan favorite in the first place. To the players that helped us fine tune the island during our recent testing, we salute you. This island is your home, too. From standard complexes to major landmarks like Mylta Power, we’ve improved the graphical quality of Erangel’s various areas and terrains across the board.
We’ve updated existing terrain, signage, and buildings and have added a small number of buildings to some areas as well.To better illustrate Erangel’s history, terrain elements have been added or revised.
- Trenches, blast marks, camo nets, and abandoned tanks have been added across different areas of the map.
- Added barriers along the shore in some locations.
- Based on player feedback gathered during the testing period, we’ve made the following changes:Grass density and color saturation have been reduced.
Overall brightness has been reduced.
Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath
“Explore the Battlegrounds like never before!”
Along with the new season comes an all-new Survivor Pass! Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH reveals the past and present of Erangel through skins and items from the island’s broad history. There are over 100 rewards to unlock by completing a variety of missions and leveling up your pass. Brand new to AFTERMATH is the addition of a cooperative mission system where players can work together to complete mission goals and earn rewards. The mission change system has also been improved, allowing players to use BP to swap out more missions than before.
Pick up Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH today and explore the Battlegrounds like never before!
Survivor Pass Period
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH begins July 23rd PDT and runs through until October 15th PDT ending with the live server maintenance (12 weeks in total).
Premium Pass and Level-up Items
- The Survivor Pass and Level-up Items will be on sale until the season ends.
- Level-up items can be purchased in 5, 20, 30, and 50 level amounts and are available in the in-game store.
New Cooperative Mission System
Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH has a new cooperative mission system that allows players to work together towards milestones and rewards.
- You can view the mission progression gauge on the mission tab, and receive rewards when each step is completed.
- There are 5 phases in total, each with a unique reward upon completion.
Improved Mission Change System
- You can swap out up to 3 daily missions per day for free. BP can be used to swap out additional daily, or even weekly missions.
- Players who complete all 3 daily missions can use 1,500 BP to get a new set of daily missions to complete.
- When unlocking new rewards, a prompt will now allow you to go directly to the appearance tab by clicking the button in the popup.
General Mission Details
- Mission update schedule
- Daily Missions: Reset daily at 7:00PM (PDT).
- Weekly Missions: Reset weekly at 7:00PM every Wednesday (PDT).
- Premium, Season, and Challenge Missions: Available for completion for the duration of PUBG SEASON 4.
- Premium Missions: These are additional missions for those who purchase the Survivor Pass. Rewards are granted upon completion of a set of missions.
- Season Missions: These missions are available throughout the duration of PUBG SEASON 4, with 5 mission sets (2 for free / 3 for pass holders) and grant new rewards.
Survival Title System Season 4
“Rise up. Take your time, take chances.”
Survival Title Season 4 has arrived with new season rewards!
- Survival Title System Season 4 begins once PC Update 4.1 hits live servers.
- Survival Points (SP) earned from the previous season are soft-reset.
- Your previous SP is reset, although it’s taken into account when determining your starting SP for the new season.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.
“Equal opportunity looting.”
For PUBG SEASON 4, we rebalanced many of the game’s weapons and vehicles. The patch includes balance adjustments to not only existing weapons and items, but also our first rebalance on vehicles. As always, we will be listening to feedback on the balancing, so please let us know how the all the changes feel together.
There are a whole lot of changes in this patch, so be sure to check out everything below! Because knowing is about fifty percent of the battle.
Weapon & Item Balance Update
- Increased base damage of Kar98k from 75 to 79.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S12K from 22 to 24.
- Increased per pellet base damage of Sawed-off from 20 to 22.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 from 24 to 26.
- Increased effective damage over distance for all SMGs.
- Slightly increased damage multipliers for SMGs:
- Torso 1.05 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.3 (previously 1.25).
- Increased damage multipliers for Crossbow:
- Torso 1.4 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.2 (previously 0.9).
- ADS zoom for default crossbow sight increased by 3%.
- Laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols was decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads shooting with pistols will now be 70% more accurate when laser is attached).
- Reduced base damage of M24 from 79 to 75.
- Reduced base damage of Beryl M762 from 46 to 45.
- Reduced base damage of AKM and Groza from 49 to 47.
- Reduced base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L and AUG from 43 to 41.
- Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.
- Duckbill attachment now distributes bullets vertically instead of horizontally.
- Crossbow will now have a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt for easier aiming.
- Added top rail to Uzi to allow Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.
Vehicle Balance Update
- Improved handling of RWD vehicles (Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, Tukshai).
- Regular and three-seater motorbikes stabilization improved.
- Increased maximum speed of Scooter from 90 to 105 kph.
- Greatly improved handling of Buggy and Increased Buggy’s wheels durability by 50%.
- Increased max speed of Buggy from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
- Increased HP of UAZ from 900 to 1200.
- Increased HP of Tukshai from 500 to 1000 as well as increased max speed of Tukshai from 70 to 85.
- Decreased HP of Mirado from 1000 to 900.
- All motorbikes will now consume roughly 50% more fuel than before.
- Decreased acceleration and boost multiplier rate for Dacia. Maximum speed will stay the same.
- Dacia and Mirado vehicles speed will now be reduced by around 15% when driving on surfaces like sand, mud, grass, dirt.
- When driving on rocky surface with any vehicle, friction will be decreased by 10% making them more difficult to control.
- Introduced BRDM-2 specific vehicle damage modifiers per game mode.
- Increased damage taken in Solo mode by 80%.
- Increased damage taken in Duo mode by 40%.
- Implemented new Buggy and Mirado sounds.
- Visual effect while using boost has been removed and replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
- Improved aiming while inside vehicles to be more steady.
- Improved the FPP camera view inside most vehicles.
- Added auto-acceleration to vehicles (identical to auto-run feature)
- Auto-Acceleration can be activated with ‘=’ key just like auto-run.
- Added “locking” mechanism to BRDM-2.
- Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
- When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
- Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
- Only the driver can control this feature.
- Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
- Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
- Use F5 key to play or stop the music, Use F6 to change music. The mouse wheel can be used to control music volume.
- Music will stop playing automatically after a full song.
- Music can be stopped by destroying or flooding the vehicle.
Healing and Boost Item Improvements
- Healing and boost items can now be used while moving.
- You’ll be limited to walking speed only.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing/boosting.
- Bandages will now be used continuously until the player fully heals to the maximum of 75% health, or runs out of bandages, without the need to manually use bandages multiple times.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing.
- First Aid Kits can no longer heal additional damage you receive after the healing starts.
- Previously, if damage was taken after the 2-second healing period had started, any additional damage received would be healed if the total healing amount was still 75% or less.
Visual Effects Improvements
- Optimized and reworked the visuals of the Molotov Cocktail.
- Optimized and improved weapon and vehicle shaders.
- Optimized and improved Frag Grenade explosion effects.
- Different effects will be used depending on the surface the Frag Grenade explodes upon.
- Optimized and differentiated muzzle flash effects for each weapon.
Radio Message Marker Distance Adjustment
- The maximum range of automatic marker placement using Radio Messages has been reduced from 500m to 300m.
Implemented Solution to Alleviate FPS Affecting Rate of Fire
In February, we announced our plans and begun testing a solution to help alleviate FPS Affecting RoF. From the results of the testing period and after additional development work, we’re now adding the solution to the live server.
- Weapon rate-of-fire is now less affected by FPS.
- Improved rate-of-fire consistency at low FPS.
Erangel Blue Zone Balance Changes
We’re making changes to the Blue Zone on Erangel thanks to player feedback and changes in gameplay since the most recent Erangel rebalance. The experimental Blue Zone was trialed on the test server during the Erangel Visual Update, and based on player feedback we have applied a few more adjustments.
- The size of the safe zone in early phases has been reduced.
- Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases has been reduced.
- Movement speed of the Blue Zone during some mid and late phases has been decreased.
- Blue Zone waiting time for the final phase has been reduced.
Turntable Added to Erangel
Added a new playable Turntable which can be found across Erangel.
- Turntables are spawned randomly on Erangel. Press the use key to turn the music on/off.
- Turntables can be destroyed.
- Music played on the Turntable can be heard by all nearby players.
- Music will stop playing automatically after one song.
Character Customize Tab UI Update
Customize tab UI update
- Removed sub-tabs and re-categorized various elements under the customize tab.
- Changed default sorting order of items by quality grade (previously date acquired).
- Newly acquired items appear first temporarily until the notification is acknowledged.
- When acquiring new items you’re now prompted to go directly to the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
- New categories added:
- Vehicle: New vehicle skins have been added.
- Utility: Inventory is now located in Utility.
- Menu background and character rendering
- Effects have been improved to better fit the lobby background.
Store UI Improvements
- Added the Survivor Pass 4 page, where you can access the pass details page, purchase page, and pass progress.
- When purchasing an item in the store, you can go directly to the category screen of that item in the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
Weapon Mastery UI Improvements
- Improved UI elements such as icons and other aspects of the layout in the Mastery tab.
- The Last Match Report notification at the upper right side of the lobby will no longer show if no Weapon Mastery XP is earned in the last match.
- Time bonus values, which were incorrectly displayed in the match result screen, have been fixed.
Adjusted Plane UI
- Plane map UI now resizes dynamically when zooming in the map.
Wheel UI Improved
Wheel size has been reduced, and its location has been moved from the center to the right side of the screen.
- Wheel responsiveness has been improved.
- Mouse direction indicator has been added to the center of the wheel.
- Removed screen blurring effect around the wheel UI.
- Order of items inside the healing wheel UI have been changed.
- Total emote wheel slots reduced from 12 to 8.
Matchmaking System Update
With this update, we made some significant changes to matchmaking. We have been working to resolve issues around extended matchmaking times in some regions and have made a number of improvements to allow players, and the system, to adapt to regionally specific needs.
For more details on the matchmaking system update, please refer to our Dev Letter: Matchmaking System Update.
AS, KR/JP, SEA, EU Regions
Currently matchmaking system is fully functional in these regions without any major issues. The matchmaking system for these regions will remain mostly unchanged. In rare instances of extended wait times, a pop-up window will suggest and facilitate switching to another mode/region for faster matchmaking.
Due to some difficulties players have experienced with lengthy matchmaking times, we’ve altered the map selection options available and made some additional changes to improve matchmaking times.
1. Featured Map option + Random Map option
- A featured map option will be available temporarily with the release of the Erangel Visual Update, alongside the random map option, which is an equal chance of the remaining 3 maps.
- After the initial Erangel Visual Update release period, the featured map option will be removed, with only the random map option available.
In situations of extended matchmaking times, players will be prompted with the option of switching to another mode or region.
2. Preset Match
A new match option “preset match” will be provided, allowing players to select the map they wish to play.
- Random Squad is only available in Preset Match, so you won’t be able to enter these matches as pre-made team.
- “Preset match” consists of 8 total sessions which include one for each perspective and map in squad mode.
- TPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- FPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- There is no lobby in the “preset match”. Once 80 players have joined, players will head directly to the in-game lobby.
- The session will wait 2 minutes for additional players once the in-game lobby has been created.
- When the match starts, a new session will be created in the preset match list.
- “Preset match” uses standard game settings and players can still earn rewards and progression through all systems, as they would with a standard match.
OC, LATAM (SA) Regions
- These regions have been experiencing a severely impacted matchmaking experience.
- Only random map selection will be available to help facilitate healthy matchmaking times.
- Maps are randomly selected with an equal chance among the 4 available.
- If players experience lengthy matchmaking times due to an insufficient matching pool, a prompt will allow players to switch to another region or mode for a faster matchmaking time.
Reflecting player feedback, the chance of Moonlight weather on Vikendi has been reduced to the percentage chance it had prior to the recent increase.
- In celebration of PUBG Nations Cup to be held from August 9 to 11, 2019, at Jangchung Arena, Seoul, we’ve made added various themed elements to the game!
- PUBG Nations Cup decals, billboards, signs and a plane banner have been added.
- For detailed information about PUBG Nations Cup, please visit the official PUBG Esports website.
Skins & Items
- PUBG Nations Cup Frying Pan has been released!
PUBG Nations Cup Pan sales will be available from after July-31 live server maintenance, until August 14th (KST).
- PUBG Nations Cup Pan will be available for $9.99 USD (price may vary slightly regionally).
- Map loading speed has been improved.
- Improvements have been made to reduce instances of hitching/stuttering.
- Optimized calculation of character movement outside the player field of view to improve performance.
- The replay version has been updated. Past version replay files are now unavailable for use.
Observer UI Improvements
- Observer UI has been improved in the following areas:
- Damage UI
- Team and player list
- Name layout and tags
- Fixed an issue where map boundary collision could prevent the parachute from deploying.
- Fixed an issue where smoke grenades could float above the ground in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where teammate UI wasn’t displayed correctly in Platoon Mode custom matches.
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall outside the playable area.
- Fixed an issue where the exact dropped location of Care Packages could be marked by using markers deployed with the Radio Message system while the Care Package was mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where players could enter the BRDM-2 at speeds higher than intended, without receiving damage.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to receive damage unintentionally when exiting a vehicle in water.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the R1895 animation to be played on another weapon in specific situations in FPP.
- Fixed issue where the Extended Quickdraw mag did not properly improve the reload time for the Tommy Gun and Vector.
- Fixed an issue where players behind walls could be damaged by vehicles in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where the reload animation could be cancelled, yet still allow a full reload, when dropping other equipped weapons.
- Fixed an issue where certain sounds from other players could be heard when observing and switching between teammates.
Apex Legends Rolls Out New Update
A new update has been rolled out by Respawn Entertainment for Apex Legends.
Players will need to download the patch before they play as the update implements a number of needed fixes.
The full set of patch notes are below:
- Fixed issue where Lifeline’s D.O.C.’s Shock Finisher preview video not playing when viewed from the menu.
- Fixed issue with text overflow on the stats page.
- Fixed some cases of crashes related to game logic, client, and script errors.
- Fixed cases of players being set in non-optimal data centres.
- Season 1 stats have been temporarily removed as we work on some issues with it.
- Fixed bug where players would unlock the level 94 Battle Pass reward before they should [Octane’s loading screen].
- Fixed exploit where the Havoc could fire full auto without charging up.
- Fixed some cases of the care package clipping through map geometry.
- News8 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News7 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News12 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News4 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out