It’s a bit early, but a brand new patch for Fallout 76 has arrived on PC and it comes packed with 150 fixes and improvements, and addresses a number of issues pertaining to perks, weapons, and crafting, among others.
Fallout 76 patch – January 10
Download sizes for this update will be approximately 4GB for consoles and around 500MB for PC.
Reminder that PC will be receiving the update first with console to follow next week. Patch notes will remain the same pending any changes there may be.
- Power Armor: The Power Armor light has been made brighter.
- Performance: Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Charging Barrels mod: Increased the Gatling Laser’s damage bonus from the Charging Barrels mod.
- Glowing Ones : Glowing Ones will no longer grant erroneous large amounts of XP. DevNote: Glowing Ones were granting Large Boss XP rewards, making them highly exploitable when combined with Nuke Zones.
- Crafting: Lowered chance of Power Generators of spawning fusion cores.
- Crafting: Set minimum component cost of workshop buildings requiring steel, wood or plastic to 2.
- Bobby Pins: Reduced the weight value of Bobby Pins from 0.1 to 0.001.
- Teams: Players now receive a notification that “Players cannot form teams from within Vault 76” if an Invite is sent to a friend still in Vault 76.
- PvP: Opening Player-owned, locked containers will now be considered a PVP action as expected.
Stability and Performance
- [Xbox One] Performance: Blowing up the mainframe core stations will no longer cause a performance drop.
- [PC] Infinite Load: Fixed an infinite load screen that could occur when attempting to join a server on PC.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that can occur when opening the Pip-Boy.
- Performance: Improved client performance when a Nuke viewing a nuke explode.
- Performance: Fixed an issue where reading a note would cause the background to freeze.
- Performance: Increased performance in areas with a lot of scorched statues.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where items could be duplicated.
- [PC] Controls: Resetting controls to default no longer causes most Activate prompts to become unusable.
- [PC] Controls: Fixed an issue when controls in the Settings menu aren’t updated when connecting/disconnecting a gamepad controller.
- Systems: Fixed an issue that allowed armor mods to reduce carry weight past intended values.
- Systems: Rads will no longer completely be removed when by dying repeatedly.
- Systems: Address an issue where players could load into geometry after fast travel.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with the Railway Rifle or Crossbow would add the projectile to the enemy’s inventory.
Art and Graphics
- Animations: Lever-Action rile now only reloads the correct number of ammo.
- Effects: Consumed Berry Mentats now correctly show purple glowing auras around players and creatures.
C.A.M.P.S, Workshops and Crafting
- Crafting: Level 25 armor and above now requires anti-ballistic fiber to craft.
- Repairing: Component quantities required to repair mid to high level armor and weapons have been reduced up to 20%. DevNote: – Repair costs scale with level, and there’s room to reduce costs at higher levels.
- Crafting: Anti-ballistic Fiber becomes required for armor at level 25 instead of previously at level 20
- Crafting: Updated Bulk Acid crafting recipe to require 15 Acid.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue that prevented players with the correctly equipped perk cards from being able to craft Antibiotics and Disease Cure (Savage Divide).
- Crafting: “Hardened Mass” will no longer be scrapped when “Scrap All Junk” is selected.
- Repairing: Overall repair costs have been lowered for both weapons and armor.
- Crafting: Anti-ballistic Fiber also is now required for repairing armor at level 25 and above instead of previously at level 20.
- Workshops: Fixed issues where enemies at some Workshop locations would spawn underground, making the Workshops unclaimable. Locations include: Charleston Landfill, Lakeside Cabins, and Sunshine Meadows.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where objects in Workshops would sometimes float in the air when the Workshop menu was closed.
- Workshops: Destroying the hay feeder along with the fertilizer collector will no longer prevent them from being repaired.
- C.A.M.P./Workshops: Placing Power Armor workbenches on foundation will no longer cause them to place on the floor/ceiling above.
- C.A.M.P./Workshops: Fixed an issue that would cause a “not supported” error when attempting to place a tall or short post under a roof.
- Blueprints: Fixed an issue with the cost of wires not being factored in when storing blueprints.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where certain objects aren’t able to be scrapped through the stored tab.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where certain stored items obtained from claiming a Public Workshop can’t be placed again.
- Crafting: Fixed a visual issue with scrapping items in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where mods cost less steel than what’s displayed in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed a display issue where incorrect number of Junk items can appear in Crafting Menus.
- Daily Challenges: Fixed several daily challenges that were not being offered on some days. Dev Note: These include “Pick Wild Flowers”, “Harvest Mutfruit Plants”, and “Harvest Wild Plants and Fungi”.
- Daily Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented some wild flowers from incrementing in the “Pick Wild Flowers” Daily Challenge.
- Weekly Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused the weekly challenge “Complete Quests and Events in a Group while at Night” to work during the day and only recognize events. It will now look for quests and events that are completed at night.
- Weekly Challenge: Edited the description of a Weekly Challenge to correctly reflect the direction.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain photomode challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain Bobblehead challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused a challenge to be marked as complete incorrectly.
- Lifetime Challenges: Fixed an issue where some lifetime challenges would revert progress after logging out.
- Robots: Fixed an issue that would cause robots to respawn too frequently in Whitesprings.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Wasteland Whisperer could affect Scorched. Dev Note: Wasteland Whisperer can no longer be used to pacify Scorched.
- Scorched: Shooting a Scorched in the leg will no longer break their weapon causing them to not attack the player.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Scorched may be using invisible weapons or not appearing to fire their weapon correctly.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue that caused floating debris and disassembled guns to appear in Scorched hands when killed.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause plasma weapons, flamers and flamer mods, and weapons with explosive bullet mods to not do damage to other players and creatures.
- Armor: Fixed an issue that would cause players exiting power armor to sometimes appear stretched and unable to reenter power armor.
- Armor: Addressed several issues that would prevent players from exiting power armor and at times cause the Pip-Boy to become unavailable.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that prevented the Gauss Rifle from being identified as a rifle. Now rifle-related perks can be applied to the Gauss Rifle.
- Ammo Vending Machines: Fixed an issue where some Ammo Vending Machines were only selling repair components.
- Weapons: Legendary Hunting Rifles will now drop as loot.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where the Walking Cane provided as many resources when scrapped as it costs to craft.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where some Pocketed Chest Pieces were resetting players back to their base carry weight upon logging back into the game.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where players can leave behind an unusable chassis after exiting Power Armor.
- Magazine: Consuming Scouts’ Life 6 magazine now correctly depletes food and water stats at a slower rate.
- Weapons: M79 Grenade Launcher is now considered an explosive weapon in perks instead of being incorrectly considered a shotgun.
- Fusion Cores: Fixed an issue where Fusion Core generators were producing cores at a slower rate than intended. They are now back to 8 cores/hr.
- Magazine: Fixed the Backwoodsman 2 magazine to appropriately boost Tomahawk damage.
- Mirelurk Eggs: Harvesting Mirelurk Eggs will not result in two separate eggs.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where several combat rifle automatic receiver mods were prevented from receiving automatic rifle perk bonuses.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where multiple weapons were able to be equipped at the same time.
- Weapons: The Vampire weapon mod effect now works only when hitting living targets as intended.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where Power Armor parts would display on top of previously equipped parts.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with certain weapons would add the projectile to the enemy’s inventory.
- Armor: Fusion Cores will no longer replenish to full charge upon joining another world.
Quests and Events
- “Get the Supply Drop”: “Get the Supply Drop” Event now will remove holotape once used with supply crate belonging to the player that requested the Supply Drop.
- Quest: Daily Missile Silo quest rewards are now correctly obtainable only once per day.
- “Line in the Sand”: Fixed an issue with the quest, Line in the Sand where the Sonic Generator already being repaired prevented the player from completing the quest. The event will now progress to the next stage if the Sonic Generator is already repaired when the Event begins.
- “Recruitment Blues”: Fixed an issue with the objective, “find Junk Mail” that prevented players who switched worlds from completing the quest.
- “Second Helpings”: The following location map markers are now available after finishing “Second Helpings”: Slocum’s Joe, Gauley Mine, Morgantown Trainyard, and Morgantown Airport.
- All Night Long: All Night Long now decreases hunger and thirst growth at night.
- Overdrive: Fixed an issue where Overdrive was not increasing critical chance % properly.
- Quack Surgeon: Quack Surgeon no longer allows for reviving hostile players.
- Strange in Numbers: Strange in Numbers effects now scale properly with multiple teammates (with and without mutations).
- Refractor: Fixed an error where each rank of Refactor is doubling energy resistance instead of adding +20 as indicated on the Perk card description.
- Fireproof: Fireproof now reduces explosion and flame attack damage by 15% per rank.
- Happy Camper: Happy Camper now functions correctly whether the player is inside or outside of their C.A.M.P. when the perk conditions are refreshed.
- Butcher’s Bounty: Fixed an issue that allowed for the Butcher’s Bounty perk to trigger again on an already-searched creature.
- Homebody: The Homebody perk now works as intended when at a claimed Public Workshop.
- Party Boy/Girl: Party Boy/Girl now effects active alcohol effects on the player.
- Teams: Teamed players can no longer unfairly block an attacking player when that player attempts to overtake a workshop. Your teammate will enter PVP with the attacking player.
- Turrets: Turrets at Workshops will now attack players the Workshop owner is engaged in PvP with.
- Systems: Blocking a player now also mutes their proximity chat.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where players could view another player’s inventory before they can respond to a trade invite.
- Trade: We no longer let trades occur before the requested player has consented to trade.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where the Stash transfer menu would appear empty after previously trading with another player.
- Trade: Stimpaks with a price value set to zero will no longer prompt “use” in the Trade Menu instead of “accept”.
- Trade: Fixed an exploit where the cap limit of 5000 in player-to-player trades could be removed.
- Chat: Fixed an issue where voice chat would not always function properly upon exiting the Atomic Shop.
- Atomic Shop: Fixed an issue where some Atomic Shop content was missing sound effects.
- Atomic Shop: “Waving Santa” sound effect will now only play when in “on” state.
- General: Players no longer will receive a pop-up for the Atomic Shop when Respawning for the first time.
- [PC] Resolution: Perk Pack opening screen now extends to the edge on 21:9 monitors.
- Atomic Shop: Players in the Atomic Shop when the Atomic Shop is taken offline will now be notified and taken back to the Main Menu.
- [PC] FOV: Fixed an issue with scoped weapons zooming incorrectly when the default Field of View setting has been changed.
- PvP: Fixed an issue where the PVP prompt would appear repeatedly while the same players engaged in combat with each other.
Apex Legends Season 1 Adding 1 More Hero, New Weapon
Apex Legends Season One, Wild Frontier, will eventually roll out a brand new hero and a brand new weapon before the season comes to an end.
Epic Games Details Fortnite Update v8.20
Epic Games has outlined it’s upcoming update for Fortnite, v8.20 which will include fixes for Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and a Squad Fill preference bug.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
PUBG Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds just celebrated it’s 2-year anniversary and PUBG Corp. is showing their appreciation for players with a free, in-game cap.
The company also wrote a special message for fans on their official website:
“Dear PUBG Fans,
On March 23, PUBG celebrates its two-year anniversary since releasing to the public, and what an amazing two years it has been! We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings.
Reflecting on 2018 specifically, we began to tackle some of the issues that came with the lessons we’ve learned as a company, releasing several quality of life improvements and recommitting to higher quality, more stable builds. 2018 also saw the launch of our Training Mode and two brand new maps, the small but savage island map of Sanhok and the beautiful icy landscapes of Vikendi. Lastly, we brought the high intensity PUBG experience to our fans on console with official releases on both XBOX and PlayStation.
Last year also saw the growth of competitive PUBG with our PGI tournament in Berlin, the continuation of Broadcaster Royale tournaments alongside Twitch, and the organization of multiple PUBG pro esports leagues all across the world.
We’re extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished in 2018 and could not have achieved any of it without your love and support. As our thanks to you and to commemorate our second anniversary, a special anniversary item will be available in-game for free when Update #27 hits live servers, until 4/24 KST on PC and 4/9 – 5/7 on Console. To claim it, visit the in-game store and “purchase” the free item on PC or simply login during the event dates on Console.
But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.
We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.
Before we go, we want to leave you with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation.”
News4 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News7 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
News8 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News8 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News7 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive