Ready the update that has been promised for Fallout 76? Well, it’s finally arrived and comes with an increased stash limit, among other things.
The update rolled out and added fixes an issue where players would get stuck in Power Armor, tweaks for performance, stability, fixing of bugs, and more. You can scroll down to peruse the entire log of patch notes to see everything that the update addressed.
Fallout 76 update 18.104.22.168 patch notes
Patch size and version
The size of this update will be significantly smaller across all three platforms than the one releases on November 19. On consoles, the download size will be approximately 3GB, and around 36MB for PC.
- Performance: PC framerates are once again uncapped. However, reaching very high framerates will no longer cause movement speed to increase. This was originally fixed in the November 19 patch.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
C.A.M.P., Crafting and Workshops
Stash: Maximum stash storage has been increased by 50%, to 600 pounds. This is a conservative adjustment, and we plan to increase the storage cap further in the future once we’ve verified this change does not impact the stability of the game.
- Enemies: XP rewards for killing high-level creatures have been reduced.
- Bosses: Fixed an issue affecting instanced Boss loot. Players should now correctly receive 2-4 items per boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Weapons: Automatic weapon damage has been increased by approximately 20% across the board.
Weapon Effects: Hitting another player with a Cryolator now applies a Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen status based on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have been significantly decreased.
Stability and Performance
- Console: Fixed an issue that could cause the player to encounter an infinite loading screen when signing out of their console account while playing Fallout 76.
- Xbox: Addressed a crash that could occur when sending multiple team invites immediately after exiting Vault 76 to a player who is not a friend.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue affecting Power Armor frames that could prevent the player from exiting their Power Armor.
- Nuke Silos: Flipboards inside Nuke Silos no longer display portions of launch codes too soon after the codes were reset for the week.
C.A.M.P., Workshops and Crafting
- C.A.M.P.: Moving C.A.M.P. locations will now correctly move standalone items built by the player into the build menu’s Stored tab.
- Workshops: On PS4, wires will no longer appear to float in mid-air when attempting connect two or more objects.
- Turrets: Will no longer become invisible if the player is not present at their C.A.M.P. when their turrets are destroyed.
Perk Cards: Ranking up a Perk Card will no longer cause a duplicate card to appear.
- Teams: Fixed an issue that could prevent a team from being correctly formed in a game world after creating the team on the Main Menu when both players are using new characters.
- Teams: Display durations for social notification have been reduced when many notifications are pending. This should help address an issue in which players did not see that they successfully joined a team.
Mutations: The Electrically Charged and Unstable Isotope Mutations no longer provide the player with bonus Health.
- AFK: Players will now be disconnected from a game world after 10 minutes of inactivity and will be prompted with a timer 1 minute before being kicked.
- Atomic Shop: On PC, cursor position will no longer be disjointed from clicks in the Atomic Shop while using 16:10 resolutions.
- Enemies: Red crosshairs and enemy health bars will no longer persist on-screen when an enemy is no longer in view.
- Localization: Subtitles will now appear correctly, and English voiceover will play for game clients in languages that do not have their own localized voiceover when listening to a Holotape or interacting with robots.
- Pip-Boy: Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate data to appear in the Pip-Boy’s Stat and Effects interfaces.
- Respawn: Dying while severely overencumbered will no longer remove all map markers when attempting to respawn. Instead, the player can now respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Quest Tracker: Quest objective notifications will no longer appear for inactive Quests immediately upon connecting to a world.
Apex Legends Season 1 Adding 1 More Hero, New Weapon
Apex Legends Season One, Wild Frontier, will eventually roll out a brand new hero and a brand new weapon before the season comes to an end.
Epic Games Details Fortnite Update v8.20
Epic Games has outlined it’s upcoming update for Fortnite, v8.20 which will include fixes for Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and a Squad Fill preference bug.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
PUBG Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds just celebrated it’s 2-year anniversary and PUBG Corp. is showing their appreciation for players with a free, in-game cap.
The company also wrote a special message for fans on their official website:
“Dear PUBG Fans,
On March 23, PUBG celebrates its two-year anniversary since releasing to the public, and what an amazing two years it has been! We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings.
Reflecting on 2018 specifically, we began to tackle some of the issues that came with the lessons we’ve learned as a company, releasing several quality of life improvements and recommitting to higher quality, more stable builds. 2018 also saw the launch of our Training Mode and two brand new maps, the small but savage island map of Sanhok and the beautiful icy landscapes of Vikendi. Lastly, we brought the high intensity PUBG experience to our fans on console with official releases on both XBOX and PlayStation.
Last year also saw the growth of competitive PUBG with our PGI tournament in Berlin, the continuation of Broadcaster Royale tournaments alongside Twitch, and the organization of multiple PUBG pro esports leagues all across the world.
We’re extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished in 2018 and could not have achieved any of it without your love and support. As our thanks to you and to commemorate our second anniversary, a special anniversary item will be available in-game for free when Update #27 hits live servers, until 4/24 KST on PC and 4/9 – 5/7 on Console. To claim it, visit the in-game store and “purchase” the free item on PC or simply login during the event dates on Console.
But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.
We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.
Before we go, we want to leave you with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation.”
News4 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News7 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
News8 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News7 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News7 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive