Ready the update that has been promised for Fallout 76? Well, it’s finally arrived and comes with an increased stash limit, among other things.
The update rolled out and added fixes an issue where players would get stuck in Power Armor, tweaks for performance, stability, fixing of bugs, and more. You can scroll down to peruse the entire log of patch notes to see everything that the update addressed.
Fallout 76 update 188.8.131.52 patch notes
Patch size and version
The size of this update will be significantly smaller across all three platforms than the one releases on November 19. On consoles, the download size will be approximately 3GB, and around 36MB for PC.
- Performance: PC framerates are once again uncapped. However, reaching very high framerates will no longer cause movement speed to increase. This was originally fixed in the November 19 patch.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
C.A.M.P., Crafting and Workshops
Stash: Maximum stash storage has been increased by 50%, to 600 pounds. This is a conservative adjustment, and we plan to increase the storage cap further in the future once we’ve verified this change does not impact the stability of the game.
- Enemies: XP rewards for killing high-level creatures have been reduced.
- Bosses: Fixed an issue affecting instanced Boss loot. Players should now correctly receive 2-4 items per boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Weapons: Automatic weapon damage has been increased by approximately 20% across the board.
Weapon Effects: Hitting another player with a Cryolator now applies a Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen status based on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have been significantly decreased.
Stability and Performance
- Console: Fixed an issue that could cause the player to encounter an infinite loading screen when signing out of their console account while playing Fallout 76.
- Xbox: Addressed a crash that could occur when sending multiple team invites immediately after exiting Vault 76 to a player who is not a friend.
- Power Armor: Fixed an issue affecting Power Armor frames that could prevent the player from exiting their Power Armor.
- Nuke Silos: Flipboards inside Nuke Silos no longer display portions of launch codes too soon after the codes were reset for the week.
C.A.M.P., Workshops and Crafting
- C.A.M.P.: Moving C.A.M.P. locations will now correctly move standalone items built by the player into the build menu’s Stored tab.
- Workshops: On PS4, wires will no longer appear to float in mid-air when attempting connect two or more objects.
- Turrets: Will no longer become invisible if the player is not present at their C.A.M.P. when their turrets are destroyed.
Perk Cards: Ranking up a Perk Card will no longer cause a duplicate card to appear.
- Teams: Fixed an issue that could prevent a team from being correctly formed in a game world after creating the team on the Main Menu when both players are using new characters.
- Teams: Display durations for social notification have been reduced when many notifications are pending. This should help address an issue in which players did not see that they successfully joined a team.
Mutations: The Electrically Charged and Unstable Isotope Mutations no longer provide the player with bonus Health.
- AFK: Players will now be disconnected from a game world after 10 minutes of inactivity and will be prompted with a timer 1 minute before being kicked.
- Atomic Shop: On PC, cursor position will no longer be disjointed from clicks in the Atomic Shop while using 16:10 resolutions.
- Enemies: Red crosshairs and enemy health bars will no longer persist on-screen when an enemy is no longer in view.
- Localization: Subtitles will now appear correctly, and English voiceover will play for game clients in languages that do not have their own localized voiceover when listening to a Holotape or interacting with robots.
- Pip-Boy: Fixed an issue that could cause duplicate data to appear in the Pip-Boy’s Stat and Effects interfaces.
- Respawn: Dying while severely overencumbered will no longer remove all map markers when attempting to respawn. Instead, the player can now respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Quest Tracker: Quest objective notifications will no longer appear for inactive Quests immediately upon connecting to a world.
FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
The Federal Trade Commission is looking into streamers who may have violated their rules and regulations and could be facing action for non-compliance, according to Gamactica.
The FTC is specifically looking at streamers who have not handled advertisements and sponsorships properly, and according to the report, a crackdown could be on the horizon.
“There are a lot of legal issues with celebrity streamers” attorney Stephen McArthur said. “These streamers NEED to make advertisement disclosures via the FTC guidelines. They should always use #ad hashtags. But they often fail. For example, Nina was paid $1 million to stream Apex for one evening and never disclosed it pursuant to the FTC endorsement guidelines. The FTC has their eyes on streamers are will start cracking down harshly soon.”
With the amount of cash flowing in the rising streaming industry, the FTC is now taking notice and, soon, necessary action.
“Video game streamers are absolutely on the FTC’s radar right now. If a streamer is paid to play, then they must disclose that with an #ad or #sponsored hashtag in a conspicuous place during the stream. Sponsorships is interpreted broadly by the FTC. If you received a free Steam key to play a game for free, then that required the #ad hashtag.”
Let’s face it, there is a boatload of money up for grabs in the industry and mainstream streamer such as Ninja are raking in millions for their streaming efforts.
Now, the onus is on streamers to get their act together to protect their brand and comply with FTC rules and regulations.
“Compliance is easy. Get in the habit of using the “#ad” hashtag on photographs, streams. Tweets, etc. This is effective to avoid FTC liability, McArthur advises.
“If you’re ever not sure whether or not you should disclose something, the streamer should ask herself “Would the viewer want to know this?” If the answer is “yes”, then they should disclose it pursuant to FTC rules.”
Overwatch Workshop Now Available
Following a month or so of testing, the Overwatch Workshop is now available and live for all players.
The new Workshop will allow players to create entirely new game modes, modify behaviour of heroes or weapons, change the camera perspective, along with the ability to make subtle balance changes, and more complex, script-based tweaks as well.
The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
For now, the difficulty of the Division 2 Dark Hours raid will not be adjusted by developer Massive.
The Division 2’s first raid, Dark Hours,recently launched with a lot of controversy due to the immense difficulty.
“We’ve heard rumours about us changing the raid difficulty… there are currently no plans to change that,” community developer Chris Gansler said during this week’s State of the Game developer stream . “We know the raid is harder on consoles, but we are happy with where we’re at.”
- FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Workshop Now Available
- The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
- New Fallout 76 Patch Brings Project Paradise Event, Bug Fixes
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out