Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has rolled out a new update, update 1.08, which is now available across all platforms with a bigger update scheduled to arrive next week.
Take a look at the official patch notes below:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 1.08 update
- Stability improvements
- Hardpoint Spawn adjustments on Seaside and Hacienda
- Care Package and Hellstorm adjustments
- Player identity HUD updates
- Challenge fixes
- CWL Custom Game updates
- Misc. gameplay fixes
- Stability improvements across all maps
- Dark Ops Challenge adjustment
- Killcam and HUD identity updates
PS4 and Xbox One
- Spawn adjustments made for Hardpoint on Seaside and Hacienda.
- Added Calling Card and Emblem for killed enemies to the player HUD.
Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a UAV was active while another player was joining the match.
- When a player disconnected during a Hellstorm strike.
- When a Seeker attacked a player in certain situations.
- When Firebreak’s Reactor Core killed a player that was disconnecting.
- In Kill Confirmed when collecting the tag of a disconnected player.
- In Safeguard when the Robot was shut down in certain situations.
- During the Specialist Draft when another player disconnected.
- Care Package: Improved Care Package landing physics. Addressed issues with the Care Package getting stuck and being flung off the map.
- Hellstorm: Addressed an issue that would allow the Hellstorm to lock onto targets that were under roofs and not reachable by the missile.
- 100 Percenter: 100 Percenter Calling Card now properly unlocks in the Calling Cards menu once earned.
- Bring the Pain: Kills with the Dual Wield Saug 9mm now properly track toward this Challenge.
- Got Rocks: Vehicle destructions now properly track toward this Challenge.
CWL Custom Games
- Sensor Dart is no longer restricted.
- Hellion Salvo launcher is no longer restricted.
- Torque is no longer restricted.
- Select Spawn is now disabled.
- Players will now spectate other players instead of their own death position in CWL Hardpoint.
- Stim Shot will now be fully charged on respawn.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s class could change mid-game if the Create-a-Class menu was not closed prior to spawning.
- Addressed an issue where Gestures would get stuck in a loop and could not be interrupted by the player.
General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- In multiple situations when a player disconnected from the game.
- Occasionally when calculating stats at the end of a round.
- When disconnecting the controller during the loading screen could lead to multiple “reconnect controller” messages.
- When using Deadshot Dealer.
- In rare instances when triggering Winter’s Wail.
- In rare instances when triggering alternative ammo type FX.
- In rare instances when hint text displayed in Rush.
- In rare instances when a Stoker died.
- In rare instances while disconnecting while downed.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while using the Viper and Dragon or Ragnarok DG-5.
Voyage of Despair – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When the Blightfather used his tongue attack.
- While activating the Sentinel Artifact.
- While using fast travel.
- During the Wonder Weapon quest.
Blood of the Dead – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During the third step of the Main Quest.
- When a Hellhound died after falling too far outside the map.
- In rare instances while running the unfinished Magmagat across the map.
- In rare instances when a Hellhound was killed.
Classified – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a player disconnected while interacting with the door to the room containing McNamara in the Main Offices.
- When triggering Nova Crawler spawn FX.
- When Nova Crawlers used the teleporter.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while teleporting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather’s projectiles fired.
- Moved one of the Dark Ops Master Calling Cards to the correct tab.
- Added Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon to Killcam.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Torque’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when an enemy was entangled in the Razor Wire.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Ajax’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when killing an enemy in certain situations.
- Check back tomorrow when we deploy our 1.08 update on PC and this week’s new rotation of Featured playlists! See you then.
FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
The Federal Trade Commission is looking into streamers who may have violated their rules and regulations and could be facing action for non-compliance, according to Gamactica.
The FTC is specifically looking at streamers who have not handled advertisements and sponsorships properly, and according to the report, a crackdown could be on the horizon.
“There are a lot of legal issues with celebrity streamers” attorney Stephen McArthur said. “These streamers NEED to make advertisement disclosures via the FTC guidelines. They should always use #ad hashtags. But they often fail. For example, Nina was paid $1 million to stream Apex for one evening and never disclosed it pursuant to the FTC endorsement guidelines. The FTC has their eyes on streamers are will start cracking down harshly soon.”
With the amount of cash flowing in the rising streaming industry, the FTC is now taking notice and, soon, necessary action.
“Video game streamers are absolutely on the FTC’s radar right now. If a streamer is paid to play, then they must disclose that with an #ad or #sponsored hashtag in a conspicuous place during the stream. Sponsorships is interpreted broadly by the FTC. If you received a free Steam key to play a game for free, then that required the #ad hashtag.”
Let’s face it, there is a boatload of money up for grabs in the industry and mainstream streamer such as Ninja are raking in millions for their streaming efforts.
Now, the onus is on streamers to get their act together to protect their brand and comply with FTC rules and regulations.
“Compliance is easy. Get in the habit of using the “#ad” hashtag on photographs, streams. Tweets, etc. This is effective to avoid FTC liability, McArthur advises.
“If you’re ever not sure whether or not you should disclose something, the streamer should ask herself “Would the viewer want to know this?” If the answer is “yes”, then they should disclose it pursuant to FTC rules.”
Overwatch Workshop Now Available
Following a month or so of testing, the Overwatch Workshop is now available and live for all players.
The new Workshop will allow players to create entirely new game modes, modify behaviour of heroes or weapons, change the camera perspective, along with the ability to make subtle balance changes, and more complex, script-based tweaks as well.
The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
For now, the difficulty of the Division 2 Dark Hours raid will not be adjusted by developer Massive.
The Division 2’s first raid, Dark Hours,recently launched with a lot of controversy due to the immense difficulty.
“We’ve heard rumours about us changing the raid difficulty… there are currently no plans to change that,” community developer Chris Gansler said during this week’s State of the Game developer stream . “We know the raid is harder on consoles, but we are happy with where we’re at.”
- FTC Cracking Down on Streamers
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Workshop Now Available
- The Division 2 Dark Hours Raid Difficulty Will Not Be Adjusted
- New Fallout 76 Patch Brings Project Paradise Event, Bug Fixes
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out