PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 23rd patch following the 1.0 launch will roll out and be made available later today and is considered to be a rather big patch that will add new content and a host of brand new features following a week of testing.
After 4 hours of maintenance, the patch with go lice at 8:30pm EST and will introduce the new machine pistol, the Skorpion, which is the highlight of the patch.
New content: the Skorpion
- Added a new handgun, the Skorpion
- The Skorpion spawns on all maps
- Single fire and full auto fire mode
- Uses 9mm ammo, it can load up to 20 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- It takes red dot sight, suppressor, vertical foregrip, half grip, light grip, laser sight, UZI stock, pistol extended magazine
- Also available in the Training mode
Lobby patch notes
- Added Patch Notes to the lobby. They can be viewed in a popup by clicking the Patch Notes icon in the top right.
- Videos included in the patch notes cannot be played directly in the client.
- When clicking on a video, an external browser will open to play the video.
- Decreased recoil of the P18C.
- Toned down the opacity of the blue zone so that it less difficult to see through.
- Mitigated an issue where the blue zone’s opacity difference was too strong depending on the map and weather type.
- Added an on-screen dynamic key map guide which changes based on the gameplay situation.
- The guide appears above the minimap.
- The guide is set to “On” by default, but can be switched off in Settings > Gameplay.
- We’ve improved the control of wheel menu, making it easier for players to select items.
- We’ve improved the Page Up/Page Down reticle changing functionality of red dot sight, holographic sight and 2x/3x scopes.
- Selections are now on a loop, so players can press one button to cycle through the options.
- The name of the player being watched while spectating teammates, in observer view, or killer spectating will now appear in the top left corner of the screen.
- Made fixes and improvements to Training Mode
- Optimized moving targets. Basic function is same as before but the appearance is slightly changed.
- Limited the maximum spawns of water vehicles (boat, aqua rail) to 2
- This is a temporary solution due to a performance issue, we will implement additional improvements in the future.
- Reduced visual flickering of thin objects such as electrical wires.
- Improved performance by mitigating an issue causing thin objects to flicker.
- Optimised particles in rainy weather.
- Survival XP can now be earned while observing teammates.
- This grants 50% less XP than while alive
- Added the report player function to event mode games.
- By pressing “R” key when spectating, you can report a player who previously killed you.
- Players can report other players during a match by clicking the “Report” button on the death screen.
- Up to 8 recent players who killed you will be displayed as available to report.
- When reporting a teammate who killed you, the option to report for team killing will be displayed.
- You can only make one report per player, per game.
Skins and items
- Added multi-slot items as a new category.
- These are single piece clothing items that require multiple slots to wear (Torso and Legs, for example).
- If you try to wear a multi-slot item while wearing a single slot item in one of those slots, those items will be removed automatically.
- Changed the reset time of the weekly random crate to Tuesday 5pm PDT (UTC 0).
-Added a new game mode, War Mode: Conquest
- This game mode sets two Platoons (up to 50 vs. 50) against each other to capture and hold objectives within an area. Your Platoon earns points as you hold these objectives and the team with the highest score wins.
- Multiple options, including capture area circle size can be adjusted in the match options.
- Added a few War Mode: Conquest related presets.
- A detailed guide for recommended custom match settings for this mode will be announced in a separate article at a later date.
- Replays are not yet available for War Mode: Conquest matches. This functionality will be added in a future update.
- Added the option to invite friends to a custom game
- Added an option to adjust damage ratios (from 0 to 500%) in custom game settings.
- You can adjust the head, upper body, lower body, arm, or leg damage ratio from bullets and melee attacks.
- You can also adjust the damage ratio from throwables.
- Corrected issue with default configuration settings for killer spectating and red zone in Esports Mode.
- Added “Camp Jackal” (Training Mode Map) as an available map for War Mode matches.
- Fixed the issue where players could use weapons while swimming if they kept pushing the weapon equip button near rocks.
- Fixed some exploitable spots which allowed players to enter inside cliff faces.
- Fixed the issue where in FPP when character holding throwables or ready to throw throwables is moving facing the sky, his/her hand flickers and moves around.
- Fixed an issue which caused the screen to shake excessively when spectating or viewing the death cam of an opponent who was firing a weapon.
- Fixed the issue where when freefalling out of the plane and pressing particular movement keys, certain animations didn’t play correctly.
- Fixed the issue where the footstep sounds of players moving at low speed (walking when crouching) was not played to other players.
- Fixed the issue where when click the “Play” button, game was frozen in the lobby.
- Fixed the issue where world map and wheel menu could be opened at the same time.
- Fixed the issue where a spot at the back of the truck and buggy would block bullets.
- Fixed the issue where when plane flew around you, the sound of plane was not played.
- Fixed an issue which caused waves to not be heard momentarily after unmuting the game sounds.
Apex Legends Season 1 Adding 1 More Hero, New Weapon
Apex Legends Season One, Wild Frontier, will eventually roll out a brand new hero and a brand new weapon before the season comes to an end.
Epic Games Details Fortnite Update v8.20
Epic Games has outlined it’s upcoming update for Fortnite, v8.20 which will include fixes for Pirate Cannons, Clingers, and a Squad Fill preference bug.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating.
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
PUBG Celebrates 2-Year Anniversary
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds just celebrated it’s 2-year anniversary and PUBG Corp. is showing their appreciation for players with a free, in-game cap.
The company also wrote a special message for fans on their official website:
“Dear PUBG Fans,
On March 23, PUBG celebrates its two-year anniversary since releasing to the public, and what an amazing two years it has been! We’ve witnessed a gaming revolution with the birth of the Battle Royale genre, grew and learned together through beta and early access, and watched our game rise from a small title developed by an even smaller team to one of the most played games in the world. We’ve chosen this day as our overall PUBG anniversary for all platforms, as we felt it best reflects our game’s humble beginnings.
Reflecting on 2018 specifically, we began to tackle some of the issues that came with the lessons we’ve learned as a company, releasing several quality of life improvements and recommitting to higher quality, more stable builds. 2018 also saw the launch of our Training Mode and two brand new maps, the small but savage island map of Sanhok and the beautiful icy landscapes of Vikendi. Lastly, we brought the high intensity PUBG experience to our fans on console with official releases on both XBOX and PlayStation.
Last year also saw the growth of competitive PUBG with our PGI tournament in Berlin, the continuation of Broadcaster Royale tournaments alongside Twitch, and the organization of multiple PUBG pro esports leagues all across the world.
We’re extremely proud of everything we’ve accomplished in 2018 and could not have achieved any of it without your love and support. As our thanks to you and to commemorate our second anniversary, a special anniversary item will be available in-game for free when Update #27 hits live servers, until 4/24 KST on PC and 4/9 – 5/7 on Console. To claim it, visit the in-game store and “purchase” the free item on PC or simply login during the event dates on Console.
But just because we’re celebrating how far we’ve come doesn’t mean we’re not aware of what we still need to accomplish. We’re currently deep into planning improvements to our first map, Erangel. The first changes in this process, increasing and improving loot, have already deployed to test servers, where we welcome your feedback.
We can never properly thank you for your unparalleled support, but on a day such as this, we are happy, we are humbled, and we are more dedicated than ever to making PUBG the best game it can possibly be.
Before we go, we want to leave you with a special message from CH Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation.”
News4 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News7 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News3 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
News8 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News8 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News7 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive