Anthem is set to arrive on February 21st, 2019, and the developer has a plan to combat the toxicity that is consistent in the gaming community.
On the Anthem subreddit, a Redditor named Hidden_Stapler asked developers what they plan to do to combat toxicity that has riddled a number of other popular titles. In response to the question, Senior Systems Designer Chris Schmidt issued the following response:
“There has been quite a bit of talk about this recently in game development, led by the Fair Play Alliance. There are some great learnings about methods to combat toxicity that have been shared by several studios for the greater good. The tricky part is before you launch the game you don’t really know how much toxicity will surface in your player community.
The approach we have been taking is a proactive one: studying best practices and success stories around the game industry and applying some of those in Anthem. I can’t really speak to details at this point, but I’m working with a holistic plan with the ability to both be proactive and reactive to whatever flavor of community standards settle in around Anthem.
It’s an important issue, and i’m encouraged that game developers are openly talking about it and sharing solutions among the dev community.”
Catherine: Full Body Adding Persona’s Joker as DLC
Persona’s Joker seems to be popping up everywhere these days, and he will be heading to Catherine: Full Body next, as a DLC.
Persona’s Joke will arrive in Catherine: Full Body as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game, which will make him a playable character in the multiplayer mode of the game.
Joker, along with Phantom Thieves Commentary Set, will also be made available a standalone item after the game is released.
Dying Light 2 Gameplay Showcased at E3
E3 keeps delivering and one of the things presented at the conference was a look at the gameplay for Dying Light 2.
To get a glimpse at what’s in story, check out the video from IGN below, which shows off some of the gameplay.
Brand New Apex Legends Patch Fixes Caustic Issues, Adds Config Commands for PC
Respawn has rolled out a new update for Apex Legends that addresses a number of issues with Caustic, as well as adding a new config commands for those on PC.
Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps issue, which caused damage to players through walls, has been fixed, as well as the exploit that allowed Caustic to place traps with zero cool down time.
PC players will see new config commands, one that lets you control the maximum framerate, and the two others additions allow for tweaking letterboxes in non-standard aspect ratios.
- Fixed the bug with healing items not functioning when using the keybinds for them.
- Fixed issue with players not being rewarded with Loss Forgiveness after their teammate left during an Apex Elite match.
- Made improvements so that Loss Forgiveness works more consistently in other cases where it wasn’t working correctly.
- Fixed bug where Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps would damage players through walls.
- Fixed exploit where you could repeatedly place Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps with no cooldown.
- Fixed issue with “nerfed” skydiving from a Jump Tower.
- Resolved a number of localization issues for Xbox and PS4.
- Fixed issues with items sorting incorrectly when looting a deathbox.
- Fixed issues related to heavily decreased accuracy when ADS and sliding.
- Fixed audio bug related to Octane’s Jump Pad.
- Fixed a number of game logic script errors.
- [PS4 Only] Fixed bug with in-game reward message not displaying the right image for Playstation Plus subscribers [previously this was showing an orange and purple checker image instead of the right asset].
-New PC config commands now enabled:
- Catherine: Full Body Adding Persona’s Joker as DLC
- Dying Light 2 Gameplay Showcased at E3
- Brand New Apex Legends Patch Fixes Caustic Issues, Adds Config Commands for PC
- Warframe Nightwave: Intermission Give Players Chance to Earn Missed Loot
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 Expansion Pass Features 3 DLCs
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Arrives March 20th
- Check out the New Trailer for Scavengers
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out