PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ patch #19 has officially arrived on the test servers for PC and it comes with a number of new wrinkles.
Currently, Patch #19 does not yet have a release date on live servers.
Here is the full breakdown, including the video on the new Dynamic Weather feature:
- Bullet penetration system is now applied to arms and hands.
- When bullet hits the arm/hand of the character, it will penetrate following its ballistic curve.
- When a bullet penetrates a arm/hand and strikes a more vulnerable body part behind it, the greater damage will be applied. In other words, if a player’s arm/hand takes a bullet while blocking their head, the full headshot damage will be applied. This penetration system works for the head, torso, and waist only.
- If a bullet penetrates the arm/hand, but no vulnerable body part is behind it, only the arm/hand damage will be applied
- Arm/hand penetration is disabled for shotguns
- Bullet penetration is not applied to legs.
- When exiting vehicles while pressing the sprint key, sprint now remains engaged. This way you won’t have to release and press the button again to start sprinting.
- If a teammate disconnects, but is still alive in game, other teammates couldn’t see the game reward (result) screen after all other teammates died. Now players can check even if there are disconnected players in their team.
- If a disconnected teammate reconnects the game, and finishes the game with better result, teammates will receive any additional rewards earned by that player.
- To prevent abuse, other teammates cannot see the Deathcam until all players, including the disconnected player, have died.
- Loading screen, lobby theme, and lobby music have reverted back to normal.
- In-game PGI advertisements and team logo graffiti have been removed.
- Dropping items in stacks has been improved.
- Quantity can now be adjusted using a slider.
- Alt key + left mouse button immediately drops the full stack.
- Alt key + right mouse button now drops half the stack.
- Weapon attachment management when replacing items has been improved.
- Removed or replaced attachments will now drop onto the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- When attaching directly from loot, the replaced attachment will be dropped on the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- When replacing an extended magazine with a quickdraw magazine, the extended magazine and overflow ammunition will be dropped on the floor.
- When detaching an attachment by right-clicking, the attachment will be dropped on the floor if there is no room in your inventory.
- Pressing Alt while right-clicking a weapon now detaches all attachments on that weapon.
- Attachments will be sent to the inventory or dropped on the floor if inventory is full.
- Players may now mute individual teammates.(ESC > Options > Team Management Tab)
- Colorblind settings have been improved.
- The following colours now change according to the selected colourblind type: scope and reticle colours, blood, supply crate smoke
- Markers placed on maps are now numbered, so color is not the only way to distinguish them.
- You can now place map markers without opening the map.
- Right-clicking while pressing the Alt key places a marker on the map at the aimed spot.
- Key bindings for this may be customized in the Options menu.
- Eliminated teammates can now place markers on the map.
- Equipped weapons HUD now shows slot numbers for improved readability.
- Kill feed now displays personal knock-outs.
- Sharpening option has been added to graphics settings.
- You may now enhance sharpness independently of post-processing options.
- Added an option to set a maximum frame rate
- Maximum lobby FPS: 30 / 60 / Unlimited
- Maximum in-game FPS: Unlimited + Smooth Off / Unlimited + Smooth On / Display Based / Custom
- Now you can move your mouse cursor to another monitor when the system menu, world map, or inventory is opened, if you use multi-monitors
- Dynamic weather has been added to Erangel and Miramar.
- Erangel: Overcast
- Miramar: Overcast, Sunset
- Overcast setting includes dynamic weather, and includes rain, fog, etc. during the game.
- Erangel has received some improvements.
- Small clusters of houses have been added to some areas of Erangel.
- More tactical landscapes have been added near the river in Erangel.
- Added trees in the open area surrounding the Sosnovka Military Base.
- Miramar now has more dirt roads for better vehicle effectiveness.
- Certain high-slope sections of roads have been lowered to enhance vehicle effectiveness on Miramar.
- Additional Custom Match presets have been added.
- 1 Normal Mode Setting: Early Access Setting
- Lvl 3 Helmets and clothing spawns in world.
- Item spawns are more scarce.
- Blue Zone damage is weaker.
- Jet skis do not spawn.
- 1 Esports Mode: Gamescom Invitational 2017 Setting
- Same as the Early Access Setting, but without the Red Zone and 1.5x AR spawn.
- When Overcast weather is selected when hosting a Custom Match, the following dynamic weather settings may be adjusted in the Advanced options: WeatherChange StartTime Min, WeatherChange StartTime Max, WeatherChange Duration Min, WeatherChange Duration Max, No Change Weight, Change to Rain Weight, Change to Fog Weight
- Custom Match sessions are now listed in order of the number of players joined, instead of time created.
- When creating eSports mode, redzone option is fixed to ‘off’
- When you create a custom match, you must fill in the game title to proceed further
- Improved frame rate by optimizing weapons not currently held in hand.
- Level streaming has been enhanced to increase performance.
- Smoke and flames from vehicles have been optimized to improve frame rate.
- Fixed an issue where frame rate hitches would occur when environment effects were created.
- Server performance has been improved by adjusting the replication rate.
- Previously, replication for all visible characters in sight was refreshed every frame. Now, replication rate differs according to distance from the player.
- Network code has been adjusted to slightly increase server performance.
- Lessened the discrepancy between the aim of the spectated player and the moving target being shot at.
- Fixed an issue where War Mode/esports mode replays were not saved successfully
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Decreased the volume of vehicle sounds for players inside vehicles in FPP mode
- Fixed an issue where destroying doors with grenades or Molotovs did not display debris.
- Fixed an issue where some free-falling characters appeared to be locked in default free-fall animation.
- Fixed an issue where pausing in replay did not pause the sounds.
- Fixed an issue where a frying pan and a firearm could be held at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where the breath gauge did not appear in killer spectating, death cam, or replay.
- Fixed an issue where spectating in FPP showed inaccurate character locations.
- Fixed an issue where a player that had been disconnected and reconnected could voice chat with the player he/she is spectating through killer spectating, if his/her team was eliminated while the player was disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where leaning was possible while in an emote animation.
- Fixed an issue where two players moving in a small space could sometimes get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where the reporting screen message in spectator mode was displayed in English only
EA Still Focusing on Anthem
The game is a colossal bust, mainly due to both BioWare and EA who botched everything after launch, but EA is still promising to focus on Anthem.
While the general concept and gameplay mechanics of Anthem was truly awesome, everything else was a dud thanks to the companies who failed their fans, in so many ways, so much.
“We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said, according to GameDaily. “One was traditional BioWare story-driven content, and the other was this action-adventure type content. About the 30 or 40 hour mark they really had to come together and start working in on the elder game. At that point everyone kind of went, ‘Oh, hang a minute.’ Now the calculation is off. It’s off because I’ve got a friend who sits in this other category of player.”
With Anthem seemingly dwindling away any interest, EA and BioWare seem committed to a long-term plan.
“IP lives for generations, and runs in these seven to ten year cycles” Wilson said.
“So, if I think about Anthem on a seven to ten-year cycle, it may not have had the start that many of us wanted, including our players. I feel like that team is really going to get there with something special and something great, because they’ve demonstrated that they can.”
Borderlands 3 Story Is Going to Be Epic
For fans eagerly awaiting the arrival of Borderlands 3, you’ll be happy to know that the game will have quite the grind associated with the main story.
Borderlands 3 creative director Paul Sage revealed that it will take over 30 hours to complete the story mode, making the game quite massive.
“I’d still say we were very ambitious,” Sage said, during an interview with GamesBeat.
“My tech team would say we were really ambitious sometimes. [laughs] There’s so much to the game. We go to these different worlds. The length of the game being 35 hours, if you just go through the main story — that’s not including doing too many side missions. I think there was a lot of ambition right at the beginning.”
The Steam Summer Sale 2019 Kicks Off This Week
Steam is rolling out it’s next big sale later this week and the Steam Summer Sale aims to bring some great deals to users.
According to Steam Database, the Steam Summer Sale is set to kick off on June 25th.
The sale will run for 2 weeks, ending on July 9th.
🕶 Steam Summer Sale 2019 date leaked as per tradition, it will begin on June 25, 2019 at 10AM PST and will last for two weeks.— Steam Database (@SteamDB) May 15, 2019
via SteamCN and confirmed by multiple sources.#Steam #SteamSummerSale #SteamSale #SteamDealshttps://t.co/hqW4V5S2uE
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out