Destiny 2: Forsaken is bringing a lot of new content to the game, so much so that it is likely that the once-flawed Destiny 2, may finally be on the right track.
Along with the new DLC, there will be a host of new supers arriving and they have all been broken down below (h/t VG247).
Nightstalker Subclass: Way of the Wraith
- Standard – The smoke bomb slows enemies when caught in the cloud and doles out plenty of damage.
- Perk – Landing a perfect, precision kill will make the Nightstalker turn invisible and they will gain true sight.
- Super: Spectral Blades – Turns the Nightstalker invisible and provides the player with twin void blades. They can then sneak around the battlefield unseen before striking.
Gunslinger Subclass: Way of a Thousand Cuts
- Standard – The Gunslinger’s melee move throws out a fan of burning knives.
- Perk – Killing enemies while they are burning will recharge this ability, plus, burning enemies will also recharge the Hunter’s dodge.
- Super: Blade Barrage – Doubles down on the Hunter’s knife skills allowing them to dish out some explosive kills. Basically, Way of a Thousand Cuts its an amped-up version of the Hunter’s knife abilities.
Arcstrider Subclass: Way of the Current
- Standard – Sliding before dishing out a melee attack causes the player to perform a staff-powered, uppercut strike. Any melee attacks will also increase reload speed.
Perk – All Arc abilities electrify enemies, and if you go on to melee them after electrified, they will become disoriented. This will also recharge the Hunter’s abilities.
- Super: Whirling Guard – Gives Hunters the ability to spin their staff to block incoming projectiles. These will be reflected back at the target, and will triple the damage doled out by the staff afterwards. In short, use the staff to reflect damage, and then go in and smack enemies around with it.
Sentinel Subclass: Code of the Commander
- Standard – Melee ability causes an explosion.
- Perk – With Code of the Commander, all void melee attacks attach a void detonator. Enemies with a detonator attached will explode when damaged, and the fallout causes detonators to be attached to enemies caught in the explosion.
- Grenade – The grenade ability partially recharges grenade energy for the Titan and nearby allies when the detonators are triggered.
- Super: Banner Shield – Produces a barrier absorbing enemy attacks when holding guard. Allies can shoot through the barrier, making it a good option for boss damage rotation.
Sunbreaker Subclass: Code of the Devastator
- Standard – The melee ability allows the Titan to throw a hammer which physically remains in the world. Retrieving it will fully charge the melee ability and trigger health regen.
- Perk – The more Solar kills made, the more damage will increase stacking up to three times.
- Super: Siege Hammer – Creates a much larger flaming hammer than before. When hitting it on the ground, it creates earthquake-like tremors and sends out a flaming tornado.
Striker: Code of the Missile
- Standard – While airborne, press melee to slam into the ground like a mini Fist of Havoc.
Perk – Picking up ammo while sliding will reload the Titan’s weapon and increase damage for a short period of time.
- Super: Thundercrash – Sends the Titan hurdling great distances like a missile. Players are able to control the trajectory before landing like a meteor.
Voidwalker Subclass: Attunement of Fission
- Standard – This new Atomic Breach melee ability creates a void explosion at range.
- Perk – Any Void ability kills will heal the player and grant ability energy.
- Grenade – While holding down the grenade button, the Warlock will create a AoE supernova explosion.
- Super: Nova Warp – Empowers the player with a teleportation ability that allows them to continuously teleport short distances. This can be finished up with unleashing a large burst of explosive energy.
Stormcaller: Attunement of Control
- Standard – Tapping melee flings out long distance electricity balls which will explode. Upon detonation, lightening bolts will stream downwards.
- Perk – Arc kills have a chance to produce Ionic Tracers. This spark of raw, ionic energy will travel back to the player, and if collected, will recharge abilities.
- Super: Chaos Reach – Fires a long range bolt of arc energy. This can be deactivated to save energy if needed.
Dawnblade Subclass: Attunement of Grace
- Standard – Melee attacks burn enemies and empower allies.
- Perk – Abilities pertaining to healing or empowering will replenish abilities which aren’t a super.
- Grenade – Can be transformed into a Blessing by holding down the button. Doing so produces a projectile that can be used to heal allies. It also drops overshield orbs which can be retrieved.
- Super: Well of Radiance – When the Warlock slams their sword into the ground, they will create a wide radius aura. It will heal and empower all allies which stand in it.
EA Still Focusing on Anthem
The game is a colossal bust, mainly due to both BioWare and EA who botched everything after launch, but EA is still promising to focus on Anthem.
While the general concept and gameplay mechanics of Anthem was truly awesome, everything else was a dud thanks to the companies who failed their fans, in so many ways, so much.
“We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said, according to GameDaily. “One was traditional BioWare story-driven content, and the other was this action-adventure type content. About the 30 or 40 hour mark they really had to come together and start working in on the elder game. At that point everyone kind of went, ‘Oh, hang a minute.’ Now the calculation is off. It’s off because I’ve got a friend who sits in this other category of player.”
With Anthem seemingly dwindling away any interest, EA and BioWare seem committed to a long-term plan.
“IP lives for generations, and runs in these seven to ten year cycles” Wilson said.
“So, if I think about Anthem on a seven to ten-year cycle, it may not have had the start that many of us wanted, including our players. I feel like that team is really going to get there with something special and something great, because they’ve demonstrated that they can.”
Borderlands 3 Story Is Going to Be Epic
For fans eagerly awaiting the arrival of Borderlands 3, you’ll be happy to know that the game will have quite the grind associated with the main story.
Borderlands 3 creative director Paul Sage revealed that it will take over 30 hours to complete the story mode, making the game quite massive.
“I’d still say we were very ambitious,” Sage said, during an interview with GamesBeat.
“My tech team would say we were really ambitious sometimes. [laughs] There’s so much to the game. We go to these different worlds. The length of the game being 35 hours, if you just go through the main story — that’s not including doing too many side missions. I think there was a lot of ambition right at the beginning.”
The Steam Summer Sale 2019 Kicks Off This Week
Steam is rolling out it’s next big sale later this week and the Steam Summer Sale aims to bring some great deals to users.
According to Steam Database, the Steam Summer Sale is set to kick off on June 25th.
The sale will run for 2 weeks, ending on July 9th.
🕶 Steam Summer Sale 2019 date leaked as per tradition, it will begin on June 25, 2019 at 10AM PST and will last for two weeks.— Steam Database (@SteamDB) May 15, 2019
via SteamCN and confirmed by multiple sources.#Steam #SteamSummerSale #SteamSale #SteamDealshttps://t.co/hqW4V5S2uE
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out