Alola trainers, the news just keeps coming for Pokemon Go.
This week, it was announced there would be Alola forms of Kanto Pokemon coming to Pokemon Go.
Today, trainers learned Larvitar would be the featured Pokemon for the June 16 Community Day.
Now trainers have the opportunity to catch the legendary bird Articuno and add it to their roster.
Get ready for more Field Research tasks and exciting rewards in June! On June 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT, a brand-new set of Field Research tasks focusing on Water-type Pokémon will become available. pic.twitter.com/raWVpEUaGO
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) May 24, 2018
The Pokemon Go App Twitter account announced that Articuno would be the reward Pokemon for the Field Research events beginning June 1.
Description of Articuno on Bulbapedia.
Articuno is a large avian Pokémon with predominantly blue plumage and large wings said to be made of ice. It has a head crest that consists of three, darker blue rhombus-shaped feathers on its forehead and circular red eyes. Its beak is short and gray, and its long, thin legs are the same color. It has a long, streamer-like tail that is longer than its body and the same shade of blue as its crest.
When Articuno flaps its wings, it can chill the moisture in the air around it, making snow fall. It flies from icy mountain to icy mountain. According to legend, it appears before doomed travelers lost in icy regions. As seen in the anime, Articuno sometimes aids travelers and guides them to safety. Articuno lives in cold, isolated locations, such as mountain peaks.
It’s not really a surprise Niantic would roll out Articuno for the Field Research quests. When the game launched Field Research in April, the reward Pokemon was the legendary fire bird Moltres. This month, the game added Zapdos with electric-centric quests.
This will be welcome news to Pokemon trainers across the world. Prior to the announcement, Articuno was only available during raids for Pokemon Go.
Like Moltres and Zapdos, Articuno was introduced in the first generation of Pokemon games and was found in the Seafoam Islands cave. After traversing through the cave, trainers had to battle Articuno in hopes of catching it.
Since the first generation of games, Articuno has been available in various Pokemon games, most recently in the Ultra Space Wilds in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Pokemon Go players know Articuno as the mascot for Team Mystic.
Articuno has made appearances in the Pokemon anime. It was a main character in the second Pokemon movie. It also aided Noland in his battle against Ash in the Battle Frontier season of the television series where it battled Charizard and was defeated.
In Pokemon Origins, Red caught an Articuno in the Seafoam Islands. It appeared in Red’s battle against Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, but it was easily defeated by the psychic Pokemon.
Catching an Articuno will provide trainers an opportunity to complete their Kanto Pokedex. It will also add another water powerhouse to their team.
With Articuno being the third legendary Pokemon for the Field Research reward, it seems like Niantic will have the second generation of legendaries as a part of the questlines – July could bring Ho-oh and August could be the month where Lugia joins the quest lines.
In the fall, Niantic could add the legendary beasts, Entei, Raikou and Suicune to the quest lineup.
There’s also the weather trio – Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, who could added to the Field Quest research in 2019.
The Field Research has been a fun addition to Pokemon Go and it will be interesting to see where the developers take the concept and how they build upon it.
Fortnite Dropping Trailers for Season 9
Fortnite has been busy on social media, particularly Twitter, where it has dropped a handful of trailers hyping up the arrival of Season 9.
With the Tilted Towers now destroyed, damage reaching a number of other areas, and the Drum Gun back in circulation, there is a lot going on, and a lot in store as we head into Season 9, which is set to arrive on May 9th.
Fortnite Update 8.51 Brings the Shadow Bomb
Epic Games has rolled out a brand new update, update 8.51, for Fortnite and it is highlighted by the Shadow Bomb.
Here are the patch notes:
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Shrouds yourself in shadow, briefly becoming invisible to enemies.
- 6-second duration
- User becomes more visible to others near the end of the effect.
- Increases your movement speed, provides the ability to double jump, and wall jump.
- Players are unable to attack, build, or loot while under the effects of the Shadow Bomb.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Can hold a maximum of 6
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Sound effects for Jetpacks were occasionally playing much louder than they should be.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- The Victory Royale UI animation was displaying for all players in Limited Time Modes with respawning enabled.
Previous Fortnite patch notes for update 8.50 (Battle Royale only)
Here are the Fortnite 8.50 patch notes for the Battle Royale mode, with credit to Epic Games and copied verbatim from the official Fortnite site.
LIMITED TIME MODE: ENDGAME
- Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
- Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos’ abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
Fortnite Season 9 Could See Battle Pass Gifting
Epic Games could be rolling out a nice new feature to the popular Fortnite game next season, according to dataminers.
According to Fortnite News, players will soon be able to gift a Battle Pass to other players, and that feature is likely to be rolled out for Season 9.
FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE –— Guille-GAG – Fortnite Leaks & News (@Guille_GAG) October 13, 2018
We can now confirm you are ABLE to GIFT BATTLE PASSES. pic.twitter.com/pOuNPqT7QK
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
- Killing Floor Bundle Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Launch Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Anniversary Event Kicks off May 21st
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News9 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December