The official gameplay trailer for ‘Rage 2’ has dropped and it shows off features multiple opposing factions and different environments, in what should be a truly exciting experience.
The official description says:
“In RAGE 2, you’ll dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. You can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything. The game brings together two studio powerhouses – Avalanche Studios, masters of open world mayhem and id Software, gods of the first-person shooter – to deliver a carnival of carnage.
In the year 2185, humanity’s numbers are dwindling. Ruthless and bloodthirsty gangs roam the open roads and the tyrannical Authority seek to rule who remains with an iron fist. You are Walker, the last Ranger of the wasteland. Robbed of your home and left for dead, you’ll tear across an unforgiving wasteland battling bloodthirsty gangs to find the tools and tech needed to take the fight to The Authority and crush their oppressive rule once and for all!”
PUBG Update 4.1 Now Live
A rather large update for PUBG has rolled out and update 4.1 marks the first update in Season 4.
Here are the official patch notes, per the PUBG blog:
Welcome to PUBG SEASON 4! Quick note before we start! As we take a glimpse into Erangel’s past, it’s the perfect time to talk about the future of PUBG’s seasonal content. Going forward, game updates will revolve around new seasons, which will feature new content, skins, gameplay updates, and Survivor Pass with plenty of missions and rewards to enjoy and enrich your experience on the Battlegrounds. This also means we’ll be naming our updates a little differently. For example, this is the first update of Season 4 on PC, so it will be referred to as “PC Update 4.1” in the patch notes. Season 4 will launch on consoles in late Summer!
PUBG SEASON 4 unveils a stunning new visual update for Erangel and reaches back into the undiscovered history of the infamous island that captured the world’s attention with Battle Royale. Erangel, which has a special home in the hearts of many of us, now features refreshed buildings, upgraded graphics, and some revelations as to the island’s combat-scarred history.
Erangel Visual Update
“Everyone is searching for themselves. That search ends here. Welcome to the Battlegrounds.”
Since launch, millions of players have dropped into Erangel to take part in PUBG’s heart-pounding take on Battle Royale. It’s with that same passion that we dove into this visual update with the goal of bringing our most classic map in line with our more recent offerings, all without losing the magic that made it a fan favorite in the first place. To the players that helped us fine tune the island during our recent testing, we salute you. This island is your home, too. From standard complexes to major landmarks like Mylta Power, we’ve improved the graphical quality of Erangel’s various areas and terrains across the board.
We’ve updated existing terrain, signage, and buildings and have added a small number of buildings to some areas as well.To better illustrate Erangel’s history, terrain elements have been added or revised.
- Trenches, blast marks, camo nets, and abandoned tanks have been added across different areas of the map.
- Added barriers along the shore in some locations.
- Based on player feedback gathered during the testing period, we’ve made the following changes:Grass density and color saturation have been reduced.
Overall brightness has been reduced.
Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath
“Explore the Battlegrounds like never before!”
Along with the new season comes an all-new Survivor Pass! Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH reveals the past and present of Erangel through skins and items from the island’s broad history. There are over 100 rewards to unlock by completing a variety of missions and leveling up your pass. Brand new to AFTERMATH is the addition of a cooperative mission system where players can work together to complete mission goals and earn rewards. The mission change system has also been improved, allowing players to use BP to swap out more missions than before.
Pick up Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH today and explore the Battlegrounds like never before!
Survivor Pass Period
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH begins July 23rd PDT and runs through until October 15th PDT ending with the live server maintenance (12 weeks in total).
Premium Pass and Level-up Items
- The Survivor Pass and Level-up Items will be on sale until the season ends.
- Level-up items can be purchased in 5, 20, 30, and 50 level amounts and are available in the in-game store.
New Cooperative Mission System
Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH has a new cooperative mission system that allows players to work together towards milestones and rewards.
- You can view the mission progression gauge on the mission tab, and receive rewards when each step is completed.
- There are 5 phases in total, each with a unique reward upon completion.
Improved Mission Change System
- You can swap out up to 3 daily missions per day for free. BP can be used to swap out additional daily, or even weekly missions.
- Players who complete all 3 daily missions can use 1,500 BP to get a new set of daily missions to complete.
- When unlocking new rewards, a prompt will now allow you to go directly to the appearance tab by clicking the button in the popup.
General Mission Details
- Mission update schedule
- Daily Missions: Reset daily at 7:00PM (PDT).
- Weekly Missions: Reset weekly at 7:00PM every Wednesday (PDT).
- Premium, Season, and Challenge Missions: Available for completion for the duration of PUBG SEASON 4.
- Premium Missions: These are additional missions for those who purchase the Survivor Pass. Rewards are granted upon completion of a set of missions.
- Season Missions: These missions are available throughout the duration of PUBG SEASON 4, with 5 mission sets (2 for free / 3 for pass holders) and grant new rewards.
Survival Title System Season 4
“Rise up. Take your time, take chances.”
Survival Title Season 4 has arrived with new season rewards!
- Survival Title System Season 4 begins once PC Update 4.1 hits live servers.
- Survival Points (SP) earned from the previous season are soft-reset.
- Your previous SP is reset, although it’s taken into account when determining your starting SP for the new season.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.
“Equal opportunity looting.”
For PUBG SEASON 4, we rebalanced many of the game’s weapons and vehicles. The patch includes balance adjustments to not only existing weapons and items, but also our first rebalance on vehicles. As always, we will be listening to feedback on the balancing, so please let us know how the all the changes feel together.
There are a whole lot of changes in this patch, so be sure to check out everything below! Because knowing is about fifty percent of the battle.
Weapon & Item Balance Update
- Increased base damage of Kar98k from 75 to 79.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S12K from 22 to 24.
- Increased per pellet base damage of Sawed-off from 20 to 22.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 from 24 to 26.
- Increased effective damage over distance for all SMGs.
- Slightly increased damage multipliers for SMGs:
- Torso 1.05 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.3 (previously 1.25).
- Increased damage multipliers for Crossbow:
- Torso 1.4 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.2 (previously 0.9).
- ADS zoom for default crossbow sight increased by 3%.
- Laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols was decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads shooting with pistols will now be 70% more accurate when laser is attached).
- Reduced base damage of M24 from 79 to 75.
- Reduced base damage of Beryl M762 from 46 to 45.
- Reduced base damage of AKM and Groza from 49 to 47.
- Reduced base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L and AUG from 43 to 41.
- Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.
- Duckbill attachment now distributes bullets vertically instead of horizontally.
- Crossbow will now have a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt for easier aiming.
- Added top rail to Uzi to allow Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.
Vehicle Balance Update
- Improved handling of RWD vehicles (Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, Tukshai).
- Regular and three-seater motorbikes stabilization improved.
- Increased maximum speed of Scooter from 90 to 105 kph.
- Greatly improved handling of Buggy and Increased Buggy’s wheels durability by 50%.
- Increased max speed of Buggy from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
- Increased HP of UAZ from 900 to 1200.
- Increased HP of Tukshai from 500 to 1000 as well as increased max speed of Tukshai from 70 to 85.
- Decreased HP of Mirado from 1000 to 900.
- All motorbikes will now consume roughly 50% more fuel than before.
- Decreased acceleration and boost multiplier rate for Dacia. Maximum speed will stay the same.
- Dacia and Mirado vehicles speed will now be reduced by around 15% when driving on surfaces like sand, mud, grass, dirt.
- When driving on rocky surface with any vehicle, friction will be decreased by 10% making them more difficult to control.
- Introduced BRDM-2 specific vehicle damage modifiers per game mode.
- Increased damage taken in Solo mode by 80%.
- Increased damage taken in Duo mode by 40%.
- Implemented new Buggy and Mirado sounds.
- Visual effect while using boost has been removed and replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
- Improved aiming while inside vehicles to be more steady.
- Improved the FPP camera view inside most vehicles.
- Added auto-acceleration to vehicles (identical to auto-run feature)
- Auto-Acceleration can be activated with ‘=’ key just like auto-run.
- Added “locking” mechanism to BRDM-2.
- Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
- When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
- Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
- Only the driver can control this feature.
- Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
- Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
- Use F5 key to play or stop the music, Use F6 to change music. The mouse wheel can be used to control music volume.
- Music will stop playing automatically after a full song.
- Music can be stopped by destroying or flooding the vehicle.
Healing and Boost Item Improvements
- Healing and boost items can now be used while moving.
- You’ll be limited to walking speed only.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing/boosting.
- Bandages will now be used continuously until the player fully heals to the maximum of 75% health, or runs out of bandages, without the need to manually use bandages multiple times.
- Press the use or run/jump keys to cancel healing.
- First Aid Kits can no longer heal additional damage you receive after the healing starts.
- Previously, if damage was taken after the 2-second healing period had started, any additional damage received would be healed if the total healing amount was still 75% or less.
Visual Effects Improvements
- Optimized and reworked the visuals of the Molotov Cocktail.
- Optimized and improved weapon and vehicle shaders.
- Optimized and improved Frag Grenade explosion effects.
- Different effects will be used depending on the surface the Frag Grenade explodes upon.
- Optimized and differentiated muzzle flash effects for each weapon.
Radio Message Marker Distance Adjustment
- The maximum range of automatic marker placement using Radio Messages has been reduced from 500m to 300m.
Implemented Solution to Alleviate FPS Affecting Rate of Fire
In February, we announced our plans and begun testing a solution to help alleviate FPS Affecting RoF. From the results of the testing period and after additional development work, we’re now adding the solution to the live server.
- Weapon rate-of-fire is now less affected by FPS.
- Improved rate-of-fire consistency at low FPS.
Erangel Blue Zone Balance Changes
We’re making changes to the Blue Zone on Erangel thanks to player feedback and changes in gameplay since the most recent Erangel rebalance. The experimental Blue Zone was trialed on the test server during the Erangel Visual Update, and based on player feedback we have applied a few more adjustments.
- The size of the safe zone in early phases has been reduced.
- Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases has been reduced.
- Movement speed of the Blue Zone during some mid and late phases has been decreased.
- Blue Zone waiting time for the final phase has been reduced.
Turntable Added to Erangel
Added a new playable Turntable which can be found across Erangel.
- Turntables are spawned randomly on Erangel. Press the use key to turn the music on/off.
- Turntables can be destroyed.
- Music played on the Turntable can be heard by all nearby players.
- Music will stop playing automatically after one song.
Character Customize Tab UI Update
Customize tab UI update
- Removed sub-tabs and re-categorized various elements under the customize tab.
- Changed default sorting order of items by quality grade (previously date acquired).
- Newly acquired items appear first temporarily until the notification is acknowledged.
- When acquiring new items you’re now prompted to go directly to the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
- New categories added:
- Vehicle: New vehicle skins have been added.
- Utility: Inventory is now located in Utility.
- Menu background and character rendering
- Effects have been improved to better fit the lobby background.
Store UI Improvements
- Added the Survivor Pass 4 page, where you can access the pass details page, purchase page, and pass progress.
- When purchasing an item in the store, you can go directly to the category screen of that item in the customize tab by clicking the button on the popup.
Weapon Mastery UI Improvements
- Improved UI elements such as icons and other aspects of the layout in the Mastery tab.
- The Last Match Report notification at the upper right side of the lobby will no longer show if no Weapon Mastery XP is earned in the last match.
- Time bonus values, which were incorrectly displayed in the match result screen, have been fixed.
Adjusted Plane UI
- Plane map UI now resizes dynamically when zooming in the map.
Wheel UI Improved
Wheel size has been reduced, and its location has been moved from the center to the right side of the screen.
- Wheel responsiveness has been improved.
- Mouse direction indicator has been added to the center of the wheel.
- Removed screen blurring effect around the wheel UI.
- Order of items inside the healing wheel UI have been changed.
- Total emote wheel slots reduced from 12 to 8.
Matchmaking System Update
With this update, we made some significant changes to matchmaking. We have been working to resolve issues around extended matchmaking times in some regions and have made a number of improvements to allow players, and the system, to adapt to regionally specific needs.
For more details on the matchmaking system update, please refer to our Dev Letter: Matchmaking System Update.
AS, KR/JP, SEA, EU Regions
Currently matchmaking system is fully functional in these regions without any major issues. The matchmaking system for these regions will remain mostly unchanged. In rare instances of extended wait times, a pop-up window will suggest and facilitate switching to another mode/region for faster matchmaking.
Due to some difficulties players have experienced with lengthy matchmaking times, we’ve altered the map selection options available and made some additional changes to improve matchmaking times.
1. Featured Map option + Random Map option
- A featured map option will be available temporarily with the release of the Erangel Visual Update, alongside the random map option, which is an equal chance of the remaining 3 maps.
- After the initial Erangel Visual Update release period, the featured map option will be removed, with only the random map option available.
In situations of extended matchmaking times, players will be prompted with the option of switching to another mode or region.
2. Preset Match
A new match option “preset match” will be provided, allowing players to select the map they wish to play.
- Random Squad is only available in Preset Match, so you won’t be able to enter these matches as pre-made team.
- “Preset match” consists of 8 total sessions which include one for each perspective and map in squad mode.
- TPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- FPP / Squad / 4 maps (Total of 4 sessions).
- There is no lobby in the “preset match”. Once 80 players have joined, players will head directly to the in-game lobby.
- The session will wait 2 minutes for additional players once the in-game lobby has been created.
- When the match starts, a new session will be created in the preset match list.
- “Preset match” uses standard game settings and players can still earn rewards and progression through all systems, as they would with a standard match.
OC, LATAM (SA) Regions
- These regions have been experiencing a severely impacted matchmaking experience.
- Only random map selection will be available to help facilitate healthy matchmaking times.
- Maps are randomly selected with an equal chance among the 4 available.
- If players experience lengthy matchmaking times due to an insufficient matching pool, a prompt will allow players to switch to another region or mode for a faster matchmaking time.
Reflecting player feedback, the chance of Moonlight weather on Vikendi has been reduced to the percentage chance it had prior to the recent increase.
- In celebration of PUBG Nations Cup to be held from August 9 to 11, 2019, at Jangchung Arena, Seoul, we’ve made added various themed elements to the game!
- PUBG Nations Cup decals, billboards, signs and a plane banner have been added.
- For detailed information about PUBG Nations Cup, please visit the official PUBG Esports website.
Skins & Items
- PUBG Nations Cup Frying Pan has been released!
PUBG Nations Cup Pan sales will be available from after July-31 live server maintenance, until August 14th (KST).
- PUBG Nations Cup Pan will be available for $9.99 USD (price may vary slightly regionally).
- Map loading speed has been improved.
- Improvements have been made to reduce instances of hitching/stuttering.
- Optimized calculation of character movement outside the player field of view to improve performance.
- The replay version has been updated. Past version replay files are now unavailable for use.
Observer UI Improvements
- Observer UI has been improved in the following areas:
- Damage UI
- Team and player list
- Name layout and tags
- Fixed an issue where map boundary collision could prevent the parachute from deploying.
- Fixed an issue where smoke grenades could float above the ground in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where teammate UI wasn’t displayed correctly in Platoon Mode custom matches.
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall outside the playable area.
- Fixed an issue where the exact dropped location of Care Packages could be marked by using markers deployed with the Radio Message system while the Care Package was mid-air.
- Fixed an issue where players could enter the BRDM-2 at speeds higher than intended, without receiving damage.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to receive damage unintentionally when exiting a vehicle in water.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the R1895 animation to be played on another weapon in specific situations in FPP.
- Fixed issue where the Extended Quickdraw mag did not properly improve the reload time for the Tommy Gun and Vector.
- Fixed an issue where players behind walls could be damaged by vehicles in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where the reload animation could be cancelled, yet still allow a full reload, when dropping other equipped weapons.
- Fixed an issue where certain sounds from other players could be heard when observing and switching between teammates.
Apex Legends Rolls Out New Update
A new update has been rolled out by Respawn Entertainment for Apex Legends.
Players will need to download the patch before they play as the update implements a number of needed fixes.
The full set of patch notes are below:
- Fixed issue where Lifeline’s D.O.C.’s Shock Finisher preview video not playing when viewed from the menu.
- Fixed issue with text overflow on the stats page.
- Fixed some cases of crashes related to game logic, client, and script errors.
- Fixed cases of players being set in non-optimal data centres.
- Season 1 stats have been temporarily removed as we work on some issues with it.
- Fixed bug where players would unlock the level 94 Battle Pass reward before they should [Octane’s loading screen].
- Fixed exploit where the Havoc could fire full auto without charging up.
- Fixed some cases of the care package clipping through map geometry.
Fortnite v9.40 Update Arrives
A brand new update has rolled out for Fortnite and v9.40 comes with new tactical shotgun rarities, Keving the Cube floating islands, as well as Birthday Brigade Jonesy.
Fortnite Battle Royale
Weapons and items
- New Epic and Legendary Tactical Shotgun.
- 83 / 87 maximum damage.
- 1.5 shots per second.
- Holds 8 shells.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.25.
- Available from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Loot Carriers, and Vending Machines.
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle now has reduced zoom while scoped.
- This is a Quality of Life change to help improve the usability and feel of this weapon.
- Combat Shotgun changes
- Reduced Headshot multiplier from 1.7 to 1.5.
- Reduced the long range effectiveness of the Combat Shotgun
- Reduced the falloff curve ranges from:
- 2.44 tiles (unchanged)
- 4.88 tiles to 4.39 tiles.
- 9.77 tiles to 6.84 tiles.
- 19.53 tiles to 11.72 tiles.
- After observing recent changes to damage falloff, we decided to further reduce its long range effectiveness and alter the curve to fall a bit more in line with other shotguns but still retain its unique flavor.
- Suppressed Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Epic and Legendary variants.
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
- Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.
- Drum Shotgun now has the correct environmental damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug in which a Launch Pad couldn’t be destroyed by a pickaxe.
- Picking up an item that fills a stack and creates an overflow will no longer result in the currently equipped item being dropped.
- Instead of causing the currently equipped weapon to be dropped, the overflow will be dropped.
- Players will now automatically pick up a consumable if it is already in their inventory and not maxed out.
- If the auto pickup fills a stack, the overflow will be dropped.
- A new Glider and Harvesting Tool have been added for Save the World Founder’s Pack owners.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue involving Supply Drone Boxes not being visible after players shoot down the Supply Drone.
- Supply Drones no longer remain stationary after getting stuck for too long.
- Changed Invert “Aircraft Keyboard Controls” to “Invert Airborne Keyboard Controls” in the Options menu to reflect the fact that airborne land vehicles’ controls become inverted in the air.
- Fixed some edge cases involving damage number display rounding down for some shotgun hits.
- Blueprint doors now consistently render when players are building.
- Players can now pick up items more easily when standing on top of them.
- Foot controllers now properly allow players to rotate the next and previous weapon.
- Bushes no longer block players from being healed by a Chug Splash.
- If a player using a Shadow Bomb enters a vehicle, the Shadow Bomb effect will no longer remain active after the effect should have ended.
- The Chug Splash now properly auto-sorts to the rightmost inventory slot when picked up, like other consumables.
- Fixed an issue in which players would experience abnormally slow gliding after using a Rift-to-Go.
- Consumables associated with a bar (Shield Potion, Med Kit, etc.) are now consistently usable by players riding a Zipline.
- Fixed a rare issue involving Shadow Bombs not allowing for wall jumps at certain angles.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of the corn fields while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Players can no longer wall jump off of Slipstreams while using a Shadow Bomb.
- Fixed an issue in which the rings for Fortbytes 4, 67, 70, and 89 would not appear even though the player was wearing the correct cosmetic.
- To prevent players from exploiting the Deep Dab emote, it now has a delay before players are able to shoot after starting it.
- Fixed an issue in which damage done to shields was causing the VFX to appear larger than normal, blocking players’ vision.
- Foot Controller support improvements
- Switched over to use dead zone and max throttle end points.
- Better vehicle controls for Quad Crasher.
- New Tournament: Xbox Cup (July 20th & 21st) [$1,000,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Solo Game Mode
- This tournament is open to all players on Xbox One and does not require reaching any division in Arena.
- The prize pool will be distributed across all server regions, with official rules and details released later this week. Check the tournament inside the game client for exact times.
- July 20th – Round One: All Eligible Players
- July 21st – Round Two: Top 1500 Players from Round One
- New Tournament: Squads Cash Cup (July 21st) [$1,000,000 in Cash Prizes!]
- Squads Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Champion League in Arena play prior to the start of the event.
- The prize pool will be distributed across all server regions, with official rules and details released later this week. Check the tournament inside the game client for exact times.
- Single Day Tournament – July 21st
- Round One: All Eligible Players
- Round Two: Top 100 Squads from Round One
- Players can now choose a flag to display on their career profile.
- This flag can be selected and changed from a player’s profile.
- After changing or selecting their flag, players cannot change flags again for 30 days.
- A player’s flag is visible to others when visiting a player’s profile and on tournament leaderboards.
- For teams of two or more players, the flag chosen by the majority of the team will be displayed. If there is no majority, the globe flag will be displayed.
- We are launching with an initial set of 37 total flags. Any additional flags added in the future will be announced in future updates.
- Improved server performance of Zipline.
- Improved client performance of Chug Jug.
- Optimized the way pickaxes are spawned to reduce the chance of loading issues during the initial skydive landing.
- Improved enemy footstep volume consistency, and changed volume falloff to logarithmic to make the sound diminish more naturally.
- Decreased volume of a few sounds:
- Chug Splash explosion.
- Proximity Launcher explosion.
- Ambient hum of the Slipstream platforms.
- Added a wall impact audio layer for close quarters combat as an additional warning that an enemy is shooting a structure you’re on the opposite side of.
- Wood/stone/metal bullet impacts are no longer silent on Mobile/Switch.
- Revolver equip sound is no longer silent on Mobile/Switch.
- Escape Menu & Social Panel updates:
- The input action that would bring up either the Escape Menu or Social Panel will now bring up both of them in the lobby and while in a match.
- A third tab has been added to the Social Panel. It contains all voice chat-related functionalities.
- The Escape Menu and Top Bar received a visual update.
- Added new Edit From Touch setting to enable/disable editing from touches (defaulted to enabled).
- Bluetooth microphones have been enabled to support voice chat.
- The emote wheel buttons are now bigger.
- Air Strike shots no longer create large polygonal outlines.
- Fixed an issue involving Pump and Combat Shotguns not correctly firing while Auto-Fire is selected.
- Resolved voice chat issues when joining another player’s party.
- The chest located in the Neo Tilted hotel is now openable.
- Live spectating on mobile will display the spectator’s UI.
- Players no longer remain logged into their account when they close the game.
- Wallet in the Lifetime Refund Screen will now correctly display.
- Leaving the “Show Help” open in the Warm Up stage won’t cause the Button to remain present during the match.
- The “Tournament Region” text in the Compete tab is bigger.
- Map Marker HUD Layout won’t be displayed when in the Battle Bus.
- Emote HUD Layout will be displayed only in vehicles where it is possible to emote.
- Players will be able to rotate cosmetics when using a touchpad.
- The proper SFX will be played when equipping the Revolver.
- Graphical improvement on the Wonder outfit while playing the Llama Bell emote.
- Storm Eye Glider and Storm Bolt Harvesting Tool will display proper VFX.
- Graphical improvement of the Flutter outfit.
- Graphical improvement on the String Lights contrail.
- Lantern contrail will display properly in-game.
- Published islands no longer rotate 180 degrees on the mini-map causing the lighting to be inconsistent.
- Updated My Island settings
- Added new option to Environment Damage
- Player Built Only – during a game, players can damage player-built structures (wood, stone, metal) which have been built during map creation while in a game.
- Added Building Damage option
- Determines who has the ability to damage player-built structures built during a game.
- All, Self Built, Team Built, Enemy Built, Enemy & Self Built, None (Default: All)
- Added new options to Max Resources
- 10,000, 50,000, 99,999
- Player-built structures can be edited prior to placing when Environment Damage settings are active.
- Players will no longer experience jump fatigue when the Jump Fatigue setting is set to Off.
- Unmanned vehicles will no longer phase through objects.
- Coins collected during a game do not appear while in Create mode during the same Creative session.
- The coins remain interactable and appear in subsequent game starts.
Weapons and items
- New Epic and Legendary Tactical Shotgun.
- 83 / 87 maximum damage.
- 1.5 shots per second.
- Holds 8 shells.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.25.
Creative tools and phone
- Geyser from the Air Vent Gallery can now be interacted with correctly when using the Phone.
Prefabs and galleries
- Added the Kevin Crater to the Air Vent Gallery.
- Added Ice Cream to the Consumables Gallery.
- Added the Soccer Goal to the Sports Gallery.
- Added the Pizza Pete Picture Frame and Wood Shavings to the No Collision Gallery.
- Added an additional tree to the Haunted Hills Nature Gallery.
- Added Blue Counters to the Diners Prop Gallery.
- Added more Ground Floors to Grass & Dirt Galleries A & B.
- Added more Sidewalks to Street Gallery B.
- Castle Banners can once again be destroyed while Environment Damage is OFF.
- Fixed the trash bag from clipping through the Paradise Palms steps.
- Bushes in the Indestructible Gallery are no longer destroyed by player building.
- Health bar no longer appears when copying the Bush in the Desert Nature Gallery.
- The Pueblo Trio Prefab now has the correct grid placement.
- The Kevin Cube Gallery now has two different Cube versions.
- Replaced some ceiling tiles in the Mega Mall Prefab.
- Fixed Cliff Gallery assets which were auto-destroying themselves when exiting the Phone.
- Prefab Grenades now explode on impact instead of bouncing.
- Increased the number of available Trigger channels to 24 and the number of available Receivers to 30.
- Added Ball Spawner device.
- Spawns a ball with physics properties.
- Size: Sets the size of the ball being spawned.
- Small, Medium, Large, Super (Default: Medium)
- Type: Sets the physical properties of the ball.
- Default, Light, Heavy, Slick, Sport.
- Player Force Multiplier: Determines how much force the player will apply when hitting the ball.
- None, Low, Medium, High (Default: Medium)
- Player Knockback Amount: Determines how much force will be applied to the player when they are hit by the ball.
- None, Low, Medium, High (Default: None)
- Respawn Delay: Determines how long the device will wait before spawning a new ball after the previous one has been destroyed.
- None, 0.5 seconds, 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 5 seconds (Default 3 seconds)
- Gravity: Determines whether the ball is affected by gravity.
- Off, On (Default: On)
- Eliminate Player When Touched: Controls whether a player is eliminated when the ball touches them.
- Off, On (Default: Off)
- Added Prop-O-Matic Manager device.
- Controls Prop-O-Matic behavior and Prop Hunt game and UI settings.
- Show Props Remaining: Yes, No
- Prop Ping Frequency: Determines the length of time between forced audio pings from players hidden as props.
- Off, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds (Default: 15 seconds)
- Add new options to Player Spawn Device.
- Enabled During Phase: Determines when the device is active.
- Disabled, Enabled, Warm-Up Only, Gameplay Only (Default: Enabled)
- Added Receivers to Disable and Enable the device.
- Added new options to the Explosive Device – the following options apply only to Badge style Health Bars.
- Team Visibility: Determines which teams can see the device’s Health Bar.
- Any, 1-16, All Hostile, All Neutral, All Friendly (Default: Any)
- Friendly Icon Text: Determines the text that is displayed on the Health Bar if the device is considered friendly.
- Neutral Icon Text: Determines the text that is displayed on the Health Bar if the device is considered neutral.
- Enemy Icon Text: Determines the text that is displayed on the Health Bar if the device is considered a hostile.
- HUD Text Size: Determines the size of the Icon Text/Health Value displayed.
- 1x, 1.5x, 2x (Default: 1x)
- Added new option to Capture Area Device.
- Player Capture Item Filter: Determines whether a player requires the registered item in their inventory to be able to score points by standing in the Capture Area.
- On, Off (Default: Off)
- Only relevant when Player Capture is On.
Added option to Enable/Disable the Ground Fog particle effect.
- Changed the default option for Grant on Respawn in the Team Settings Device to OFF so that by default it will not remove all items from a player’s inventory when they respawn.
- Applying settings to a Player Spawn device no longer prevents players from spawning on the plate properly.
- The Mounted Turret device won’t destroy the attached floor after a game, which would sometimes cause mass island destruction when the Turret was on a floor piece providing critical structural support.
- Objects will no longer disappear when returning to the Hub then going back into an island.
- Fixed issues with the Beacon Device:
- Beacon now hides correctly during pre-game phase if set to Gameplay Only.
- Beacon now hides correctly after game end.
- Objective Devices set to Team 16 will now destroy other Objective Devices within their blast radius.
- Fixed a number of issues associated with the Prop-O-Matic.
- Prop orientation for the disguised player should now match the orientation seen by other players.
- Players can no longer turn into floating islands using the Prop-O-Matic.
- Switching weapons while an object is highlighted with the Prop-O-Matic no longer causes the object to remain highlighted after the switch.
- The ‘Exit’ UI prompt will now be displayed while in prop mode.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect button prompts would be shown when disguised in Fly Mode on mobile devices.
- Correct health values will be displayed when transforming into certain props.
- Disguised players will remain visible if their prop was destroyed by an Explosive Device.
- Bush consumable no longer remains visible when a player transforms into a prop.
- The ‘Lock in Place’ button prompt no longer appears as ‘Unbound’ on consoles and mobile.
- Players can no longer transform into the Target Dummy Track or Vehicle Spawner devices with the Prop-O-Matic.
- The Prop-O-Matic now has the correct number of rarity stars.
- Fixed an issue on mobile devices where the Phone Tool UI would appear when a disguised player was hit by a Boogie Bomb.
- Players can transform into large props from any viewpoint.
- Uneven terrain no longer prevents players from changing into certain props.
- Fixed an issue where players would jitter while standing near the Creative Hub Rift while disguised as a prop.
UI and social
- Added descriptions to Ignore Team for Damage and Ignore Team for Proximity options on the Explosive Device to clarify how they affect team affiliation for HUD purposes.
- Spawns Left will display correctly on scoreboard.
- Fixed “Number of Hiders” Prop Hunt UI showing up outside of games.
- Fixed typo in ‘Allow Items to be Dropped’ setting in Game Settings tab.
- Fixed text error in Requires Line of Sight descriptions in Beacon Device and Explosive Device.
- The Edit Tool will correctly highlight Arctic Base parts.
- The Storm Controller Device is no longer missing a blueprint preview when players hover over it with the Phone.
- Instructions on how to “Change Destination” on Rift Waypoint will be displayed.
Fortnite Save the World
Missions and systems
- Quests, missions alerts, and daily login rewards will now grant X-Ray Tickets instead of V-Bucks to players who are non founders. Paid Founders will not be affected by this change.
- Celebrate Fortnite’s second birthday with these sweet Birthday Quests:
- Earn the new Birthday Brigade Jonesy Hero by completing a quest to eliminate Cake Sploders in successful missions. Be careful to avoid their exploding pastries!
- Earn Summer Tickets by collecting delicious-looking birthday cakes in successful missions. This quest is repeatable, so eat up!
- Hero Loadouts have been added as rewards for completing Storm Shield Defense 10 in Stonewood, Plankerton, Canny Valley, and Twine Peaks.
- We teased a feature that’s coming over the course of Season 10… Take a look!
- Time Cheats will now spawn more reliably in Wargames.
- Traps no longer visually persist after their durability runs out in Wargames.
- Bad traps will be cleared every time the Storm Shield is entered.
- Sound now correctly plays when standing near the edge of a Storm Shield.
- Acid Pools now display correctly when the Acid Pool Mutator is active.
- The Hexed statues in the Hexed Wargames Simulation no longer pop out of visibility.
- The Event popup menu in the quest tab now scales properly for all resolutions.
- Bug Fixes and Adjustments
- Storage in the Armory now shows 5 items per line again instead of 3.
- The ‘Equip’ button will now display properly on the Backpack screen if using hotkeys to swap out weapons.
- The inventory screen was showing the wrong item details in some situations.
- Text was flickering in the storm shield menu in some languages.
- Transform keys now display correctly if players have 1000+ keys.
- Fixed an issue when inspecting an X-Ray Llama to show the correct options.
- Wargame Simulation and Challenge boxes now have scrolling sounds when selecting them while using a controller.
- Incorrect text rewards would display if the skip button was pressed after leveling up on the Victory Screen.
- The commander xp screen during the mission rewards cycle now properly displays banners on console.
- Inspecting currency earned from Llamas will now show the amount of currency gained instead of the total amount of currency owned.
- Mission Rewards list arrows were not updating immediately, leading to some cases where it was showing at inappropriate times.
- Removed an extra prompt from some notifications such as friend requests received in zone.
- The top of the scroll bar in the Llama reward screen is now draggable.
- Improved performance of the in-game mission objective UI.
- Improved performance when changing tabs in the Schematic menu.
- Removed some hitches that were occuring during tutorial dialogs.
- Removed a hitch while going into the Save the World map for the first time.
- We’ve added a new birthday-themed Hero!
- Birthday Brigade Jonesy is all about survival… and cake sprinkles. He seems to really enjoy sprinkles.
- Standard Perk: Survivalist
- Eliminations heal you for 39 base Health over 3 seconds. Duration refreshes with additional eliminations.
- Commander Perk: Survivalist+
- Eliminations heal you for 117 base Health over 3 seconds. Duration refreshes with additional eliminations.
- Earn Birthday Brigade Jonesy by completing the new Sploding Husks quest.
- 8-Bit Demo returns to the Event Store!
- Standard Perk: Enduring Machine
- After ability cast, weapons lose 40% less Durability for the next 2 uses.
- Commander Perk: Enduring Machine+
- After ability cast, weapons lose 40% less Durability for the next 6 uses.
- Available in the Event Store starting July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Fossil Southie is now eligible for an item reset.
- This is due to the issue in v9.30 which caused the Saurian Focus perk to grant the same bonus as the Commander Perk even when slotted in a non-Commander Slot.
- The Hero Perks Mad Tidings and Start Up were not properly resetting upon weapon overheat.
- The Hero Perk Enduring Machine was not working correctly for melee weapons.
- Commander Perks Cascade and Fan of Stars now work correctly.
- Fire sound effects persisted after using Dragon Slash while using the Fire of the Dragon Hero Perk.
- The Fourth of July heroes can be retired and now take up inventory space.
Weapons and items
- Smash 2nd Year Birthday Llamas to celebrate a year worth of loot!
- The new 2nd Year Birthday Llama is available in the Loot tab of the Save the World Store for 1000 summer tickets.
- The Birthday Llama is stuffed with the greatest hits of Heroes and weapons from the 2nd year of Fortnite events!
- Each Llama contains at least one weapon and one Hero with at least one of those two being a Legendary or Mythic variant.
- Available for two weeks, starting July 16 and ending on August 1.
- Summer Tickets will not be converted to Birthday Llamas after the Season ends. Any remaining tickets will be converted into Sci-fi Llamas.
- Upgrading the Gammatron 9000 from epic to legendary rarity now works correctly.
- Defenders now shoot the Boom Bow at the correct fire rate.
- Reduced the Boom Bow’s displayed fire rate in order to correct the DPS number shown in the UI.
- This will not affect the actual fire rate of the Boom Bow.
- The Campfire trap now correctly heals any nearby damaged Defenders.
- Fixed an issue with traps in Storm Shields not applying their health and healing perks.
- Fixed elemental alterations not showing correctly for the following weapon sets:
- The banner gadget no longer permanently colors structures blue.
- Corrected an issue with sploder propane tanks rotating back and forth while bouncing.
- Defenders will now properly return the weapons they use once a mission is completed.
- Allow trap cycling when B.A.S.E. is equipped.
- Husks remain illuminatefter being frozen.
- Players should no longer appear in the DBNO state during the Victory Screen.
- Fixed wording for the “Visualize Sound Effects” hover text in the settings screen.
- Text wrapping on multi-line chat messages is fixed.
- News8 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News8 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News10 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News7 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News12 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News4 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News11 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out