PUBG is preparing for the big ‘Update #12’ and the update is now available on PC test servers.
The new update brings Miramar improvements, a map selection option, balancing adjustments, new weapons, new vehicles, new attachments, and more.
PUBG’s new menu UI option enables players to choose either a single map or multiple maps which will then be randomly selected from during matchmaking. Keep in mind that only Miramar and Erangel are currently available.
The new weapon is the new SLR, which boasts more power than the SKS but with far more recoil.
Among the weapon attachments are the Duckbill, Light Grip, Thumb Grip, Half Grip, Scope 3x, and Scope 6x.
You can also find a classic four-seat muscle car called ‘The Mirado’, exclusively on Miramar, that claims to provide “the fastest way to blaze down a highway”.
Additionally, significant balance adjustments across a large number of items and weapons in-game are being rolled out, along with a reduction in cover points in dense city and town areas, while adding better cover opportunities in open areas.
Here is everything detailed in the patch notes:
- ARs – rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- SMGs – adjusted them to be more effective in short range combat
- Shotguns – increased overall damage and effective range
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread by 25%
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs
- Added new recoil animations for all ARs
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- Decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Other guns
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
- Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
- Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving
- Frag grenades
- Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
- Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependant on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
- Weight changes (all throwables)
- Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
- Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
- Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
- Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12
- We’ve slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received
Other Item Balance
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
Along with all the balance changes, we’re introducing a new weapon, a new vehicle for Miramar, and a ton of new weapon attachments.
Added the SLR
- The SLR will be spawned alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.)
- The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.
The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets
Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.
- Duckbill – A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip – It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Thumb Grip – It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip – It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to – ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x – This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x – This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
You can now change the reticle style and color on the red-dot, holo-sight, and 2x scope using the scope zeroing keys (Page Up/Page Down by default).
Boat and Swimming Adjustments
- Boats now sink when destroyed
- We’ve made some adjustments to the way swimming works to reduce the effectiveness of hiding underwater.
- We’ve decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
- Once you’ve run out of air, you’ll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
- We’ve increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it’ll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)
Map selection is now available.
- Pick just one map (Erangel or Miramar) on its own to guarantee you’ll play there
- If you select multiple maps, the game will randomly drop you into one of the selected maps
- As we discussed in the map selection announcement dev blog, we may revisit the design of this feature as additional maps are added. We’ll keep you updated if changes are made.
We’ve also Improved the UI for team mode and perspective selection. As before, only the host can select these options.
- We’ve added an option to adjust vertical mouse sensitivity
- We’ve added an option to change the hotkey for reporting a player during killer spectating (R key)
We’ve made more improvements to Miramar:
- We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
- We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
- We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
- We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
- We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces.
- The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified
- We reduced some overly-dramatic collision effects (read: space shuttle takeoffs) that occurred when the motorbike crashed into other vehicles
- We fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from hopping off of the motorbike after it had fallen down
- When players move and shoot at the same time, bullet shells should now fall to the ground and remain there, instead of chasing the player like hella scary demon bullets
- The timer for the final bluezone should now display correctly
- We fixed an issue that was muting the bluezone’s sound effects for player who left and rejoined a game
- We resolved an issue that sometimes allowed you to adjust your camera to see through the ceilings of the school on Erangel
- Certain problematic terrain elements (which caused weird collisions or movement) on Erangel and Miramar have been fixed
- We’ve fixed some abnormal orange lighting effects in buildings on Erangel
- We’ve resolved some strange collision problems that were affecting character models and bullet cartridges
- Walking on wooden structures will no longer create bizarre or out-of-place footstep noises
- Prone characters should no longer improperly clip into the ground.
- We’ve resolved an issue that sometimes limited movement after using emotes and the quantity popup window at the same time.
- Text on a UMP skin from the Equinox crate labelled the gun as 45 ACP instead of 9mm. Thanks to the power of memes, this has now been fixed.
- Weapon ammo is now counted as “loaded” when the magazine or bullet is inserted into the weapon, rather than when the animation finishes
PUBG Update #26 Details
A new update is due out, Update #26, for PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds and the details are now out.
The new content is mainly Vikendi-focused and comes in at 12GB of space. Here are the full details, according to the official notes:
New Vehicle: Zima
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Zima.
- The Zima replaces UAZs on Vikendi.
- It won’t have perfect control on Vikendi’s snowy plains, however the 4×4 Zima is much easier to maneuver compared to other vehicles.
- While the Zima is relatively slow, it has high durability making it ideal for combat situations.
New Vehicle: Snowbike
Added a new Vikendi exclusive vehicle, Snowbike.
- The Snowbike replaces motorbikes on Vikendi.
- What the Snowbike lacks in durability, it makes up for with high speed and great maneuverability.
Added a new item, Flare Gun.
- Flare Guns are now available in public matches and can be found as a rare item spawning in the world.
- If you’re lucky enough to find a Flare Gun, fire it directly into the air after the initial blue zone has closed to call in a special care package.
- When firing the Flare Gun inside the current safe zone, you’ll call in a special care package with lots of loot, or an armored UAZ when fired while outside the current safe zone.
- Based on your feedback through our public Flare Gun tests, we’ve made changes to improve the gameplay experience with this item.
- Flare Guns used in the early phase of the game often give a great advantage with little risk, therefore, the Flare Gun will only deliver a care package when used after the first blue zone phase.
- A message will be shown on the UI when a nearby player successfully calls in a special care package with the Flare Gun and an icon indicating the location of the drop will be displayed on the map.
- Calling in an armored UAZ will not display a message on the UI, or be indicated on the map.
- The Flare Gun spawn rate is different on each map.
Please let us know your feedback and how the Flare Gun spices up the mid-game!
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi will end at 26 Feb 18:00 PST.
- The sale of level-up items (5Lv, 20Lv, 50Lv) will end.
- There will be a grace period to claim any unclaimed rewards once the Survivor Pass ends, up until 12th Mar 18:00 PST.
Enter the Survivor Pass menu to check out the result screen showing your progress from Survivor Pass: Vikendi.
- Item rewards and missions completed during the Survivor Pass can be claimed during the grace period. Click “Claim All” on the result screen to claim all applicable rewards.
- The coupon store will expire once the grace period ends, so make sure to use them before then!
- Check out all rewards earned in the rewards tab.
- View all completed missions in the missions tab.
Season 2 was planned to end in February, but has been extended to Mar 19, 2019 PST in order to give more time to allow players more time to hit milestones to receive season rewards.
- Challenge yourself and earn higher rewards during the extended season period.
- The beta season 2 item rewards are now shown on the Season > Overview page after clicking Season Rewards.
- Seasonal rewards will be granted based on the Survivor Title held at the end of beta season 2.
- Beta season 2 rewards will be granted to players who hold the title of Novice or higher.
- You can receive multiple unique rewards and will be granted all rewards up to your highest title.
- Rewards will be granted with the start of the new season which will be announced at a later date.
- Rewards delivery will be completed within 1 day of new season starting.
- If you have not successfully received your rewards 24 hours after the new has begun, please contact Customer Support.
- Any players who are found to have obtained a Survivor Title by violating operation policies may be subject to restriction and/or removal of seasonal rewards.
- Beta season 2 rewards will be granted to players who hold the title of Novice or higher.
- We have applied a new experimental mechanism to the test servers to test a solution to an issue related to rate of fire changing based on FPS. We appreciate all players who have given feedback regarding this issue. This won’t be applied to live servers in the next update, as we want to monitor player feedback to ensure this doesn’t negatively impact the player experience.
- This will be only updated to the test server during Feb 19th – 26th PST.
- This solution will be not updated with the live server update on Feb 26th PST.
- We will be collecting player feedback and doing data analysis during the testing period, as we work towards applying this improvement to live servers in the future.
- Improved reflective effects on the lens of scopes.
- Added a visual lens to scopes to prevent players from seeing the empty inside of the scope in certain situations, improving the look and realism.
- Vehicle tires will now be destroyed immediately when a vehicle explodes.
- Modified conditions to prone, to prevent going prone on very rugged terrain.
- While prone and moving into a position where the character shouldn’t be able to prone, the character will automatically change to crouched position.
- Improved the preview feature in the store.
- When using the preview feature, head, eyes, masks, and outer wear items will automatically unequip to prevent obstructing the view of the item being previewed.
- When previewing head, eyes, masks, hair and makeup, the camera will zoom to better preview the items.
- Crate and Set previews will now show the most recently selected item at the upper right corner
- In Set item preview, characters will equip all of the items from the selected set.
- Weapons/gear skins can now be previewed by themselves without the character by clicking the view detail button to the right side of the preview.
- The emotes preview will play the emote automatically upon pressing preview. Emotes can be replayed using the play buttonat the left top corner of the screen. The play button cannot be pressed while the emote preview is being played.
- The Key Guide page showing default key bindings on the loading screen will not appear if the player has customized their key bindings to prevent confusion.
- Added Rich Presence for Steam and Discord clients (displayed on the friends list) which allows players to share their own and view their friends’ game status with detailed information.
- You can check ‘Game State Status’, ‘Mode’, ‘Match Time Elapsed’.
- For example: PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS – Playing, War Mode, 00:20 elapsed.
- You can check ‘Game State Status’, ‘Mode’, ‘Match Time Elapsed’.
- Improved the Replay Editor features.
- AddedMulti keyframe set save feature which enables multiple edits in a single replay file.
- Added ‘Delete all’ feature which erases all key frames in selected multi key frame.
- Added detailed items such as color correction, free camera lean angle, detailed setting for depth of field etc.
- Improved the Replay Editor so post-corrections and depth of field settings can be applied immediately.
- Improved the UI of the Replay Editor.
- Optimized character animations to improve performance.
- Improved the game loading speed by optimizing the character loading process.
- Improved FPS by optimizing the in-game foliage rendering process.
- Optimized the hit criteria for Molotov when calculating character’s damage.
- Optimized certain elements of the HUD UI which were causing decreased performance.
Skins & Items
- Added a countdown timer to display time remaining to purchase East Erangel Police Crates individually, before they are moved to the pool of random crates on March 26 PST.
- System improvement: The result screen of a match has been separated from the session.
- When a custom match finishes, players will now be able to review the results screen for 10 minutes. The next custom match can be launched 1 minute after the exiting the previous match.
- Vikendi is now available in Esports Mode custom matches.
- The number of vehicles in Esports mode has been increased in all maps.
- Improved observer system animation when moving in to the safe area.
- Fixed an issue with buildings rendering late while freefalling on Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where some buildings could not be seen at certain distances on Vikendi
- Fixed an issue which prevented Dacia speed from being reduced when driving on snow.
- Fixed some terrain/structure related bugs on Erangel and Miramar.
- Fixed the issue where molotov’s flame sound could be heard over a 1km radius.
- Fixed the issue of reticle brightness getting reset when switching scopes or picking up dropped weapons.
- Fixed the issue of dead bodies making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue which could cause grenades to deal damage through floors in certain buildings.
- Fixed an issue which could cause grenades to deal damage through walls of certain buildings.
- Fixed the issue which could cause the remaining number of rounds in a magazine to be displayed incorrectly when reloading.
- Fixed an issue which in specific situations could allow players to move while floating in air by moving around tight terrain while prone.
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle of an SMG would be cutoff on the inventory screen with 3D character render turned on.
- Fixed the issue which prevented switching helmets, vests and weapons when the inventory is full.
- Fixed the issue with the name of two skins being identical.
- Fixed the issue where the S686 could sometimes be fired 3 times in a row due when a player had poor network connectivity.
- Fixed the issue with characters attacking with fists instead of throwing throwables when a player had poor network connectivity.
- Fixed the issue with loading screen image being cropped on 21:9 monitors.
- Fixed the issue with Yes/No button in the team invite pop-up screen not functioning in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue of the loading screen image occasionally remaining in the lobby.
- Fixed the issue with moving to the mode selection screen instead of session list when entering or leaving a custom match session.
- Fixed the issue where the minimap is not properly zoomed in while pressing N (default) during the death cam.
- Fixed the issue in observer mode which showed characters moving in a landing animation incorrectly in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue of parachute icon not shown properly when viewing a map in observer mode.
- Fixed the issue where care package item list does not appear on care packages in the Vikendi cave.
- Fixed the issue with character animation not being shown properly in certain situations while swimming
- Fixed the issue of a character and its shadow not displaying some swimming animations in FPP mode.
- Fixed the issue of being unable to switch weapons when pulling out the safety pin of a grenade.
- Fixed the issue where a smoke grenade’s fuse starts to go off when touching the ground instead of when the pin is pulled out.
- Fixed the issue of throwables becoming invisible after being thrown and switching to a different weapon.
- Fixed the issue of interaction highlight and button being shown for destroyed motorbikes and scooters.
- Fixed the issue of an abnormal character animation being shown when grabbing a Flare Gun in a specific position.
- Fixed the issue of an animation being displayed backwards when the character is armed with melee weapons and walking backwards.
- Fixed the issue of raining effects being shown indoors.
- Fixed the issue of prone key acting as ‘toggle’ when it is set to ‘hold’.
- Fixed the issue of care package being stuck in an abnormal motion when obstructed from landing.
Apex Legends Dropping New Weapon Today
A brand new weapon is dropping on Apex Legends today as part of a new update announced by Respawn Entertainment.
Prepare for Havoc, a gun that has been teased on social media by the developer:
Red Hook Studios Announces Darkest Dungeons 2
Red Hook Studios has officially announced that Darkest Dungeons 2 is officially in the works, during an interview with PC Gamer.
The interview is packed with tidbits about what to expect with the upcoming title, and the following teaser video has been dropped as well:
News3 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
News6 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News2 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
News7 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 weeks ago
Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Added to Jump Force Roster
News6 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News7 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News6 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive