A new update for Overwatch has introduced some adjustments for Hanzo, Lucio, and Junkrat, among some other changes.
Hanzo’s old Scatter Arrow ability is a thing of the past as it has been replaced by Storm Arrows, which allows him to “rapidly fire up to six arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power.”
Hanzo now has the ability to leap horizontally with Lunge and the projectile speed of his basic attacks has been increased from 85 to 100.
Additionally, Sonic Arrow can now be used more often but is less effective, and it’s cooldown drops to 12 seconds now.
“The goal of these Hanzo changes is to allow him to have new options and maintain his high damage output, while removing the frustration of fighting against the old Scatter Arrow,” Blizzard stated.
“Hanzo is now much more mobile with his new Lunge ability, and with the combination of the bow projectile speed increase and the new Storm Arrows ability he can now deal his high damage more consistently than ever before.”
Lastly, Brigitte had her Shield Bash’s cone angle reduced from 90 to 60.
Genji’s Deflect abilityt hitbox size has been reduced, Tracer’s Pulse Bomb max damage has been decreased from 400 to 300, making it “less powerful as a tank-destroyer, while keeping it lethal against most other heroes.”
You can see the full patch notes here:
New Escort Map: Rialto
Rialto was home to Talon agent Antonio Bartalotti’s sprawling estate and the backdrop to the infamous “Venice Incident,” a turning point for Overwatch and Talon. The Italian government has taken great steps to preserve Venice, and the results are striking. Tourists visiting this picturesque town can sample the regional cuisine, enjoy a relaxing gondola ride, visit Galleria D’arte Omnica, or simply take in the sights with a stroll along the canal.
- Cone angle reduced from 90 to 60
Developer Comments: When fighting against Brigitte, it often felt like Shield Bash was able to hit players who felt like they were out of its range and should have dodged it. On the flip side, when playing as Brigitte sometimes players would hit the wrong enemy in the middle of a fight. With the cone being reduced, the ability is more accurate to its visual representation.
- Hitbox size has been reduced
Developer Comments: The hitbox on Genji’s Deflect was big enough that it would sometimes reflect projectiles that were pretty far away from him. We’ve tightened up the hitbox, which should solve this problem while still fully protecting him from projectiles that would hit him from the front.
- Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
- Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds
- Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
- Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters
- Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally
- Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability
- Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power
Developer Comments: The goal of these Hanzo changes is to allow him to have new options and maintain his high damage output, while removing the frustration of fighting against the old Scatter Arrow. Hanzo is now much more mobile with his new Lunge ability, and with the combination of the bow projectile speed increase and the new Storm Arrows ability he can now deal his high damage more consistently than ever before.
- Projectile size decreased from 0.3 to 0.2
- Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12
Developer Comments: These changes are aimed at lowering some of the most frustrating parts about playing against Junkrat. Decreasing the Frag Launcher’s projectile size means he will have to aim a bit more carefully to land powerful direct hits and slowing the RIP-Tire’s movement speed gives his opponents slightly more time to destroy it before it detonates.
- Wall riding is less likely to be interrupted along a single surface
- Can now go around corners (both outside corners, and inside corners) without having to leave the wall
- Can now land back on the same wall after leaping away, provided his leap takes him far enough away from the original jumping off point.
- No longer consumes ammo
Developer Comments: Wall Ride has been significantly overhauled to allow it to function more smoothly across more areas of every map. Lúcio players should instantly notice a huge improvement in where and how Wall Ride can be used. In addition, Sonic Amplifier’s Soundwave ability was unnecessarily controlled by both a cooldown and an ammo cost, so we’re removing the ammo cost.
- Max damage decreased from 400 to 300
Developer Comments: Pulse Bomb was too good at killing tanks, who can be easy to stick due to their size. This damage reduction makes it less powerful as a tank-destroyer, while keeping it lethal against most other heroes.
GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES
- Mercy’s Regeneration (passive ability) can now be turned off in Custom Game settings
- Settings for Hanzo’s Lunge and Storm Arrow abilities can now be found in the Custom Game settings
- Fixed a bug that caused the option “Invite to a Custom Game” to appear while in the Tutorial and Practice Range
- Fixed a bug that prevented training bots from returning to their original position and behavior after being hit with an ability (e.g. Lúcio’s Soundwave)
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to use the wrong route when tracking down the player if their target jumped off a ledge
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck on the siege tank in the StarCraft area of Blizzard World
Game Browser and Custom Game
- Fixed a bug that caused custom game invites to persist on the invitee’s screen
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bastion’s Zwing Zwing Zwing voice line from playing if the Null Sector skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte from using abilities or Rocket Flail while her Repair Pack was in flight
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji’s melee attack from making sound effects
- Fixed a bug that prevented Genji’s golden weapon variant from displaying its golden sheen when some skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that allowed Junkrat’s RIP-TIRE to be immune to the freeze effects of Mei’s Endothermic Blaster
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to move around while caught in Junkrat’s Steel Trap
- Fixed a bug that allowed Lúcio to travel straight up using Wall Ride
- Fixed a bug that prevented crowd control abilities from affecting Resurrect (e.g. McCree’s Flashbang)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s flask from displaying in her Erlenmeyer victory pose when an Overwatch League skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s Hellfire Shotguns to float when previewing his Dance emote in Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to not focus correctly when viewing Roadhog’s Mug Shot victory pose
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to float during his Footsteps highlight intro
- Fixed a bug that prevented the laser sight from Sombra’s Machine Pistol golden variant from tapering at its end if her Talon skin equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Widowaker’s HUD to disappear if she used Widow’s Kiss while looking through the scope
- Fixed a bug that caused the logos on Symmetra’s Overwatch League skins to appear faded when viewed in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that caused the logos on Torbjörn’s Overwatch League skins to appear faded when viewed in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck walking into the side of the Rikimaru Ramen Shop on Hanamura
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets in unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations in Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that caused the pig head on the bike to float after the bike had been destroyed in Junkertown
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets and Symmetra’s Teleporter in unintended locations in Junkertown
DICE Comments on Controversy Over Battlefield 5 TTK
DICE has officially responded to the backlash over recent TTK changes in Battlefield 5.
DICE recently made a change to the time to kill (TTK) in Battlefield 5, which dropped the damage output for the majority of the weapons in game, striving to prolong gunfights and provide players more time to react to a given situation, and/or battle.
“We’ve seen [TTK has] been a big talking point and causing a divide in the community, which was never our intention” DICE said via an official statement.
“We have been listening closely to what you’ve all been saying
Your First Look at Pagan Online Gameplay
Wargaming has pulled the curtain back on Pagan Online, giving fans a look at the gameplay, via a new trailer.
The RPG MMO with a pre-Christian mythology theme is set to arrive sometime in 2019, and you can take your first look in the video below:
Director of Kingdom Hearts 3 Addresses Early Leak
After an early leak of Kingdom Hearts 3 over this past weekend,
the game’s director Tetsuya Nomura has released a statement urging fans not to help in the circulation of gameplay videos.
Additionally, Nomura reassures fans that the “biggest spoilers” were not showcased or revealed in the leaked copies.
According to Polygon, the person responsible for the leaks got 30 copies via a connection they have to someone involved with the manufacturing and printing of the discs based in North Carolina.
Nomura says that his team is “aware as to how this has all happened,” and that the “whole team has been working together since [news of the leak] to investigate what we can do to better this situation.”
Kingdom Hearts 3 launches on January 29, 2019
- DICE Comments on Controversy Over Battlefield 5 TTK
- Your First Look at Pagan Online Gameplay
- Director of Kingdom Hearts 3 Addresses Early Leak
- Anthem Live Stream Gives In-Depth Look at Epic Gear, Masterworks, Crafting, More
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Heads to EA Access
- New Anthem Trailer Details Origin of Legion of Dawn
- Upcoming Destiny 2 Patch to Make it Easier to Reach Power Level 600
News4 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News5 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News4 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News4 months ago
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailers Unveils Additional Features
News4 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News4 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
News4 months ago
Gun Media Teases ‘Project Méliès’ But Fans Shouldn’t Show Interest, And Haven’t
News5 months ago
Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide: August 3rd, 2018