The team behind PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is having to do some damage control after a recent patch intended to implement anti-cheat measures ended up pretty much breaking the game for players.
Players took to outlets such as Reddit to complain about how the update kicked them and banned them from games without them actually doing anything wrong, although that argument is a little weak.
But it appears that the team actually saw the issue of players, who are not doing anything wrong, get banned from the game.
BlueHole isn’t adding a patch to fix the path, instead they are telling gamers this:
“We released a patch yesterday without going through any maintenance to add some new anti-cheat features.
However, we know that some players are having compatibility issues, causing the game to crash or are unable to launch the game.
We are doing our best to resolve this issue. With the issue that is related to the game not launching, we are checking for any conflict between anti-cheat solutions and other programs.
If you are having a Xenuine related error messages or an issue that is related to the game not starting, please use the following method so that we can further investigate this issue.
Go to Start -> Run -> Enter “msinfo32”-> file -> export -> enter a file name and click save. Please upload this file to the following forum thread, we will then forward all files to our development team for investigation.
We will not be removing our recent patch in order to keep blocking cheats effectively.
For now, if nothing happens after trying to launch the game, please add both tslgame and tslgame_BE to the exception list in your anti-virus software (e.g. Trend Micro Internet Security, Avast).
We will try to keep you updated with new solutions to other issues as well.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.”
BlueHole may be digging a hole with their many issues that include patches not doing what they are intended to do, the banning issue, a frustrated player base , and this current approach that may not sit well with a lot of people.
Apex Legends Patch Arrives
As we talked about on Monday, a new Apex Legends patch has arrived and it addresses a number of issues with some fixes, and some tweaks.
Here are the patch notes for 1.1.3:
Audio fixes and improvements
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
- Quality of life
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
Hit detection fixes and omprovements
Fix for Lifeline “Pick Me Up” banner bug on PS4
- The issue has been resolved and we will be re-enabling the banner after the patch is live.
Developer’s Note: We made changes to client and backend to address this and it’ll take a little time to take full effect. We’re expecting the error to resolve within a few hours after the patch is live.
Crashes specific to Intel CPUs (PC Only)
- Intel has been notified, but in the meantime, Respawn has provided a workaround in the patch. In order to keep from crashing, they have lowered the original clock speeds for user CPUs by changing the instructions used by that one function.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control.
- Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
- Identified some issues with -novid, and will be disabling the flag until the issue can be addressed.
Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
Mobius Digital has officially announced the release date of it’s new open-world, space-based game Outer Wilds, and it’s coming next week.
The new space exploration game will officially arrive on May 30th for PC and Xbox One.
The following trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
Maze Theroy, the team behind virtual reality titles such as The Vanishing Act, has announced a “feature length” VR game that will make comic book fans smile from ear to ear.
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is set to arrive this September for PSVR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, and Vive Cosmos.
“The Doctor has been hurled through time to the end of the universe. A virus that threatens to rip apart reality itself has been unleashed. Players can pilot the TARDIS on a journey across worlds both familiar and strange to recover a series of powerful time crystals that can repair spacetime and ultimately save the universe itself.”
The following teaser trailer was dropped along with the official announcement.
- Apex Legends Patch Arrives
- Outer Wilds Arriving Next Week
- Doctor Who VR Game Officially Announced
- Killing Floor Bundle Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Rockstar Games Resolves Issues Involving Players Finding Mass Grave of Dead Horses in Red Dead Online
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Launch Trailer Arrives
- Overwatch Anniversary Event Kicks off May 21st
- News6 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News9 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News5 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News10 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News2 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News9 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December