Destiny 2 may not receive the same fanfare and love as it’s predecessor, Destiny, and fans have been vocal about some of their frustrations with the game.
Bungie outlined future content plans for Destiny 2, which includes a new tier of weapons, private matches for PvP battles along with announcing better rewards for Strikes, Adventures and Lost Sectors.
Fans have been furious over the lack of action in Destiny 2 and it’s seemingly “hollow” structure that risks making even the most hardcore gamers bored and wandering around with no specific purpose or goal.
The original Destiny required much more grinding and had many more objectives and activities to keep even maxed out players engaged with the game easily.
That hasn’t been the case in Destiny 2 and the game seems limited and capped.
Bungie posted a blog post on Wednesday, explaining some of their plans for the Destiny 2’s future and also addressed some of the backlash from fans.
Going forward, we plan to continue this dialog as openly and frequently as possible. This will be an ongoing process, but one that we are committed to.
This week we’ll be publishing a new episode of the Bungie Podcast where we will sound off on the current state of Destiny 2, how we think about our communication challenges, and what it takes to update the game in the wild. You’ll be able to listen on both Apple and Android devices.
Thank you for playing, for being passionate about the Destiny 2 experience, and for working with us as we look to continuously improve our game and studio communication.
Here are some of the things Bungie has planned for the future.
- A better emote interface which allows “players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.”
- The XP System: “We already see that the newly adjusted 160K XP per level value means that leveling is too slow for some activities, and we have begun the process of collecting data and recalibrating XP earn rates to improve them as quickly as possible.”
- Prioritizing private matches and ranked PvP for launch in 2018.
- Xur is going to start selling Three of Coins again.
- Xur will be selling an item called Fated Engram that turns into an exotic you don’t currently possess.
- Armor ornaments as a more permanent version of cosmetic customization, allowing players to deck out their characters’ gear without worrying about consuming shaders.
- “Masterwork” weapons which are described as “stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens.”
Some changes will roll out with the Curse of Osiris DLC while others will roll out on December 12th and more in January.
“We know it’s frustrating when there isn’t enough of a dialog with the development team,” the pair wrote. “You have our commitment that we’re going to do a better job going forward.”
“Going forward, Destiny 2’s post-launch game systems, features, and updates are being designed specifically to focus on and support players who want Destiny to be their hobby – the game they return to, and a game where friendships are made,” they wrote. “We want Destiny to be a game that fits into your life, providing you with reasons to log in and play with your friends, clans, and families. We want Destiny to be a world you want to be a part of.”
Killing Floor 2 Summer Event Comes with New Map, Return of Objective Mode
Killing Floor 2 will be dropping their steampunk summer event which comes packed with a new game mode, map, and weapons.
Back & Kickin’ Brass is the name of the new event, and it also re-introduces Objective Mode, along with bringing in a new map called Steam Fortress and two new weapons: the Seal Squeal and a medic bat.
Check out the trailer below:
Dr. Mario World Arrives in July, New Gameplay Trailer Drops
The Division 2 Receiving New Gunner Specialization
The Division 2 will be rolling out a new update today and will add the Gunner Specialization.
The Gunner is a minigun that accompanises the grenade launcher, crossbow, and heavy sniper Specializations, and will come with it’s own skill tree.
- Killing Floor 2 Summer Event Comes with New Map, Return of Objective Mode
- Dr. Mario World Arrives in July, New Gameplay Trailer Drops
- The Division 2 Receiving New Gunner Specialization
- Check Out New Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Gameplay Footage
- Fortnite v9.30 Adds Chug Splash Item, New Prop Hunt Mode
- Overwatch Baptiste Origin Story Revealed
- Destiny 2 Departing Battle.net
- News7 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News10 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News9 months ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News6 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News11 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News3 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News10 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out