Destiny 2 may not receive the same fanfare and love as it’s predecessor, Destiny, and fans have been vocal about some of their frustrations with the game.
Bungie outlined future content plans for Destiny 2, which includes a new tier of weapons, private matches for PvP battles along with announcing better rewards for Strikes, Adventures and Lost Sectors.
Fans have been furious over the lack of action in Destiny 2 and it’s seemingly “hollow” structure that risks making even the most hardcore gamers bored and wandering around with no specific purpose or goal.
The original Destiny required much more grinding and had many more objectives and activities to keep even maxed out players engaged with the game easily.
That hasn’t been the case in Destiny 2 and the game seems limited and capped.
Bungie posted a blog post on Wednesday, explaining some of their plans for the Destiny 2’s future and also addressed some of the backlash from fans.
Going forward, we plan to continue this dialog as openly and frequently as possible. This will be an ongoing process, but one that we are committed to.
This week we’ll be publishing a new episode of the Bungie Podcast where we will sound off on the current state of Destiny 2, how we think about our communication challenges, and what it takes to update the game in the wild. You’ll be able to listen on both Apple and Android devices.
Thank you for playing, for being passionate about the Destiny 2 experience, and for working with us as we look to continuously improve our game and studio communication.
Here are some of the things Bungie has planned for the future.
- A better emote interface which allows “players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.”
- The XP System: “We already see that the newly adjusted 160K XP per level value means that leveling is too slow for some activities, and we have begun the process of collecting data and recalibrating XP earn rates to improve them as quickly as possible.”
- Prioritizing private matches and ranked PvP for launch in 2018.
- Xur is going to start selling Three of Coins again.
- Xur will be selling an item called Fated Engram that turns into an exotic you don’t currently possess.
- Armor ornaments as a more permanent version of cosmetic customization, allowing players to deck out their characters’ gear without worrying about consuming shaders.
- “Masterwork” weapons which are described as “stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens.”
Some changes will roll out with the Curse of Osiris DLC while others will roll out on December 12th and more in January.
“We know it’s frustrating when there isn’t enough of a dialog with the development team,” the pair wrote. “You have our commitment that we’re going to do a better job going forward.”
“Going forward, Destiny 2’s post-launch game systems, features, and updates are being designed specifically to focus on and support players who want Destiny to be their hobby – the game they return to, and a game where friendships are made,” they wrote. “We want Destiny to be a game that fits into your life, providing you with reasons to log in and play with your friends, clans, and families. We want Destiny to be a world you want to be a part of.”
Apple Arcade Officially Launches
Apple Arcade has officially launched, and with it comes over 50 game titles and one free month of service.
For $4.99 a month you can play over 100 titles completely ad-free.
The service is now up and running on iPhones that run iOS 13, and will soon be heading to iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Apple Arcade Tiles Now Available
- Agent Intercept
- Assemble with Care
- Atone: Heart of the Elder Tree
- Ballistic Baseball
- Battlesky Brigade: Harpooner
- Big Time Sports
- Bleak Sword
- Cat Quest 2
- ChuChu Rocket Universe
- Cricket Through the Ages
- Dead End Job
- Dear Reader
- Dodo Peak
- Don’t Bug Me!
- Dread Nautical
- Exit the Gungeon
- Hot Lava
- Frogger in Toy Town
- Jenny LeClue – Detectivu
- King’s League 2
- Kings of the Castle
- LEGO Brawls
- Manifold Garden
- Mini Roadways
- Neo Cab
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm
- Operator 41
- Over the Alps
- Pac-Man Party Royale
- Projection: First Light
- Punch Planet
- Rayman Mini
- Red Reign
- Rosie’s Reality
- Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Shantae and the Seven Sirens (formerly known as Shantae 5)
- Shinsekai Into the Depths
- Skate City
- Sneaky Sasquatch
- Sociable Soccer
- Sonic Racing
- Speed Demons
- Stellar Commanders
- Super Impossible Road
- Tangle Tower
- The Enchanted World
- The Pinball Wizard
- Things that Go Bump
- Towaga: Among Shadows
- Various Daylife
- Way of the Turtle
- What the Golf?
- Where Cards Fall
- Word Laces
Minecraft Gets New Character Creator
Minecraft is getting a brand new character creator, according to a recent developer stream announcement.
Minecraft’s latest beta build (18.104.22.168), available now on Windows 10, Xbox One and Android has the creator up and running and it works as many players would expect it to.
Mojang stated that there are about 100 customization items, free and paid, for players to choose from.
PornHub Says Over 1 Million People Have Searched for Borderlands This Week
When it comes to the popularity of Borderlands 3, which was releases last week, it goes far beyond video games, streaming, and cosplay.
It goes to porn, too.
According to PornHub, as of September 18th statisticians found that over 1 million people have searched for Borderlands in the last 5 days, representing a 12,905% increase over it’s daily average, five times the popularity of Fortnite and three times that of Overwatch, which makes Borderlands the most searched for game and a top trending term on Pornhub.
Check out the inforgraphic provided showing the boost in popularity since launch:
And here is an infographic showing which Borderlands related terms are being searched on Pornhub:
Lastly, but not least, here is an infographic essentially breaking down the demographics behind the searches.
- Apple Arcade Officially Launches
- Minecraft Gets New Character Creator
- PornHub Says Over 1 Million People Have Searched for Borderlands This Week
- Apex Legends Season 3 Kicks Off October 1st
- Ubisoft Taking Steps to Combat DDoS and DoS attacks on Rainbow Six Siege
- John Wick Hex Arrives October 8th
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Now Including the Annual Pass
- News10 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News1 year ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News9 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News6 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out