Blizzard has made Overwatch’s Competitive Season 6 critically important as it eyes to turn the page on what has been a rather rocky Season 5.
No, gamers won’t see a complete overhaul, but they will see a ton of new changes that should help address numerous issues that have plagued Season 5.
Game director Jeff Kaplan discussed all of the changes in Season 6 in a video posted on YouTube, with the big change being that seasons will now be two months long as opposed to three months.
Some of the other changes (h/t Kotaku) include:
- Changes to skill rating decay. In order to avoid decay, you’ll only need to play five matches per week at Diamond and above. Also, if you do suffer decay, you’ll only lose 25 SR instead of 50.
- Control maps are changing. “We’ve noticed that an inordinate number of these matches are going into overtime… this is resulting in very long match times,” said Kaplan. To solve this problem, control maps will be best out of three from now on. Due to the lower time investment, Kaplan thinks this will also make losing a control map “sting less.”
- Placement matches will work differently. In seasons four and five, Blizzard experimented with placing people lower than where their SR should’ve been so they could climb more. This, however, left a lot of people feeling bummed out. “It felt wrong deflating you on purpose just so you would have a sense of progression later,” admitted Kaplan. Placements in season six, then, will more accurately reflect your actual skill level right off the bat.
- Higher tiered matches should now be more balanced. Players won’t be put in as many matches where they stomp the other team and barely gain any SR, but queues might take longer. “Hopefully it’s not super noticeable for most of us… despite the fact that you might have to wait for a long time,” said Kaplan. If times are out of control, however, Blizzard will change it.
You can see the video, right here:
Apple Arcade Officially Launches
Apple Arcade has officially launched, and with it comes over 50 game titles and one free month of service.
For $4.99 a month you can play over 100 titles completely ad-free.
The service is now up and running on iPhones that run iOS 13, and will soon be heading to iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Apple Arcade Tiles Now Available
- Agent Intercept
- Assemble with Care
- Atone: Heart of the Elder Tree
- Ballistic Baseball
- Battlesky Brigade: Harpooner
- Big Time Sports
- Bleak Sword
- Cat Quest 2
- ChuChu Rocket Universe
- Cricket Through the Ages
- Dead End Job
- Dear Reader
- Dodo Peak
- Don’t Bug Me!
- Dread Nautical
- Exit the Gungeon
- Hot Lava
- Frogger in Toy Town
- Jenny LeClue – Detectivu
- King’s League 2
- Kings of the Castle
- LEGO Brawls
- Manifold Garden
- Mini Roadways
- Neo Cab
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm
- Operator 41
- Over the Alps
- Pac-Man Party Royale
- Projection: First Light
- Punch Planet
- Rayman Mini
- Red Reign
- Rosie’s Reality
- Sayonara Wild Hearts
- Shantae and the Seven Sirens (formerly known as Shantae 5)
- Shinsekai Into the Depths
- Skate City
- Sneaky Sasquatch
- Sociable Soccer
- Sonic Racing
- Speed Demons
- Stellar Commanders
- Super Impossible Road
- Tangle Tower
- The Enchanted World
- The Pinball Wizard
- Things that Go Bump
- Towaga: Among Shadows
- Various Daylife
- Way of the Turtle
- What the Golf?
- Where Cards Fall
- Word Laces
Minecraft Gets New Character Creator
Minecraft is getting a brand new character creator, according to a recent developer stream announcement.
Minecraft’s latest beta build (22.214.171.124), available now on Windows 10, Xbox One and Android has the creator up and running and it works as many players would expect it to.
Mojang stated that there are about 100 customization items, free and paid, for players to choose from.
PornHub Says Over 1 Million People Have Searched for Borderlands This Week
When it comes to the popularity of Borderlands 3, which was releases last week, it goes far beyond video games, streaming, and cosplay.
It goes to porn, too.
According to PornHub, as of September 18th statisticians found that over 1 million people have searched for Borderlands in the last 5 days, representing a 12,905% increase over it’s daily average, five times the popularity of Fortnite and three times that of Overwatch, which makes Borderlands the most searched for game and a top trending term on Pornhub.
Check out the inforgraphic provided showing the boost in popularity since launch:
And here is an infographic showing which Borderlands related terms are being searched on Pornhub:
Lastly, but not least, here is an infographic essentially breaking down the demographics behind the searches.
- Apple Arcade Officially Launches
- Minecraft Gets New Character Creator
- PornHub Says Over 1 Million People Have Searched for Borderlands This Week
- Apex Legends Season 3 Kicks Off October 1st
- Ubisoft Taking Steps to Combat DDoS and DoS attacks on Rainbow Six Siege
- John Wick Hex Arrives October 8th
- Destiny 2: Forsaken Now Including the Annual Pass
- News10 months ago
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Patch 1.0.7 Is Here
- News11 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Appears on Playstation Store, Out in December
- News1 year ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
- News1 year ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
- News1 year ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 Reveals Characters
- News9 months ago
New Patch Arrives for Darksiders 3
- News6 months ago
The Division 2: Clan System Breakdown
- News1 year ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out