Rainbow Six Siege’s Operation Para Bellum mid-season patch is due out soon so Ubisoft has laid out some of the details pertaining to the patch.
In a recent designer note’s blog post, Rainbow Six Siege developers announced that the upcoming update will bring balance changes to eight of the game’s operators: Finka, IQ, Blackbeard, Glaz, Twitch, Jackal, Frost, and Dokkaebi.
Here is the breakdown:
- Reduce ability duration from 20 seconds to 10 seconds
- Stun grenades will be replaced with Frag grenades
- Reduce Smoke’s Gas Canister damage modifier
- Aim down sights modifier from Adrenaline Rush reduced from -50% to -25%
We are trying to achieve two things. We want her to be more popular, but also make her weaker. This is somewhat counter intuitive, and thus presents us with a unique opportunity to make some tweaks and adjustments.
We suspect that a big part of her power comes from the HP boost, which may have a silent impact (silent in terms of player perspective). With the HP boost lasting for 20 seconds it was very efficient. By reducing the timer, we are trying to increase the timing challenge for players by reducing the duration of the ability’s effects.
We are giving her Frag grenades to make her a bit more appealing of a choice in terms of her utility, while not making her significantly stronger.
Finka is not currently used very often in Pro League, and one of the main reasons is that Smoke’s Gas Canisters do twice as much damage when you are under the effects of Adrenaline Boost. We are reducing the damage modifier so that the counter will still work, but is less efficient.
- Frag Grenades replaced with Claymore
- Electronics detection reduced from 20m to 15m
IQ is currently too good in terms of her fragging power + utility. As a 3 Speed Operator with a very strong rifle, she is very effective when it comes to killing enemies. For example, we have observed that she is sometimes in Pro League even when Valkyrie and Echo are banned, which leads us to believe that she is too good of a choice in too many situations.
In the past, we gave her a Frag Grenade in a time when her gadget was less useful. The increase in detectable gadgets has buffed IQ each time, so we need to balance her a bit.
We will have more drastic changes for IQ in the distant future, but wanted to make these changes in the short term to make room for other Operator choices, and increased variety, in Pro League.
- Increase MK17 damage from 42 to 49
- Reduce SR-25 damage from 72 to 61
- Reduce the hit points on the Rifle Shield from 60 to 50
- 30% reduction in movement speed penalty when the Rifle Shield is equipped (He will move faster)
Blackbeard is in a good place in terms of power, so we do not want to make him stronger. We want to make him a bit more appealing and comfortable though, so these changes are aimed towards that. We also have seen that the SR-25 is favored, and want to make the choice between the SR-25 and MK17 a bit more difficult.
- Reduce OTS-03 damage from 85 to 71
Glaz is strong in every situation, and is too strong in Pro League (indicated by contest rate (contest = Picks + Ban)). We wanted to reduce his damage a bit to make him more situational.
- Reduce FAMAS damage from 40 to 37
Twitch currently has a ~60% pick rate in Ranked. Similar to Ash, it is higher than what we would like to see. We want to reduce how regularly she is picked to make room for other Operators, but we do not want to make her less powerful or fun to play. As such, we would rather do very minor changes to encourage players to try other Operators, and to work towards making other Operators as fun to play as Twitch and Ash.
- Increase footsteps scanning distance from 5m to 8m
He currently has a fairly low pick rate, and is a little weak. We want to improve player comfort while playing Jackal, and reduce a bit of the risk involved with scanning enemy footsteps.
- Increase SMG damage from 43 to 45
- Increase Super 90 damage from 32 to 35
Frost is currently extremely weak. We need to increase he power, as well as “fun”. Her SMG is currently a bit too difficult to play with, so we want to reward those who have mastered it. We are also increasing her shotgun’s power a bit, but don’t worry, it won’t be the same as it was during Operation Black Ice.
She will probably need more extensive work done to make her as viable as some other Operators, but that is something that we will have to look at doing in the distant future.
- Claymore will be replaced with Stun Grenades
She will keep her Smoke Grenades, but having both Smoke Grenades and Claymores led to her having a bit too much utility, and she was able to adapt to different situations too easily. She has become extremely strong in Para Bellum as a result of Maestro, and the additional cameras that Defenders have access to.
- Slowing effect increased from 45% to 50%
We want to make Barbed Wire more viable in all aspects. Our objective is to give a bit more breathing room for site defense, and make Barbed Wire slightly more reliable. It will still require two hits to destroy them.
Alibi seems to a bit strong in Ranked play, but the first few weeks of Pro League have shown us that Alibi is underused. We will need more time and data to determine why and how we can go about making adjustments to compensate.
We are really happy with how Maestro is performing in both Ranked and Professional play. He might even be a bit too strong in Pro League, but it is too early to say for sure. We will need more time and more data.
ASH, TWITCH, JAGER, BANDIT
All four Operators have very high pick rates, but are not broken in terms of power. Ash might be a bit too strong, but it isn’t anything too crazy.
Based on the learning from the past few months, we will take our time before making any drastic changes. We don’t want for variety to take priority over fun, so we need to focus on making other Operators as comfortable and fun to play as these four.
FROST AND KAPKAN
We have observed in the past few updates that Kapkan and Frost tend to move up and down on the Win Delta axis in tandem. This is understandable, as they are both trappers, but we are not sure what has caused such a drastic drop in their Win Delta. We are going to investigate further to try to figure it out.
We are looking to make more drastic changes to Castle, but do not have an ETA. We have an idea for what we would like to do, but it is currently in the back log, with no time frame for when work on it will begin.
To ensure that your questions from these changes are answered, our balancing team will be participating in an AMA on our subreddit starting at 2:00pm EDT, July 18th. Please head here to ask them your questions! We look forward to seeing you there.
Rainbow Six Siege Y3S3.1.2 Patch to Address Numerous Issues
Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new patch this week that will intend to address a number of issues including a invisibility glitch, an Oregon washing machine exploit, and a number of other troublesome exploits that are wreaking havoc on gameplay.
While there is no set date for the arrival of the patch, it is expected to arrive this week and the notes are as follows:
- Fixed – Deployable shields placed perpendicular to a window prevent vaulting.
- Fixed – The operator is invisible when players load into game.
- Fixed – Pistols have their reticle misaligned with the center of the screen while shooting.
- Fixed – No toggle for Montagne and Pulse special abilities (now comes with toggle).
- Fixed – Cannot access Bulletproof Camera by pressing the secondary gadget button while prone.
- Fixed – While prone, using melee and standing up will switch the knife animation to shield.
- Fixed – The Stun Grenade VFX can be cancelled under certain conditions.
- Fixed – The squad leader remains alone in a match after one squad member leaves when the leader starts the match.
- Fixed – Latency, micro stutters and graphical issues after playing multiple matches and maps in the same Custom game session.
- Fixed – End of round timer does not stop when initiating the defuser plant at the last moment.
- Fixed – Clipping issue on Lion’s uniforms.
- Fixed – Hibana’s face appears washed off when equipped with the Yurei headgear.
- Fixed – Holding down both gadget buttons and releasing them in a certain order switches away from Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor.
- Fixed – The Chalkboard uniform for Hibana does not appear properly while in First Person.
- Fixed – Blitz’s arm is delayed when leaning, causing clipping issues with shield.
- Fixed – The observation tool icon is missing from the select spawn location screen for attackers in preparation phase in Ranked.
- Fixed – A second “Gold Lion Chibi” will float next to the weapon it is attached to.
- Fixed – Equipping a country flag charm on the SPSMG9 will also apply on Clash’s CCE shield.
- Fixed – Chibi charms are not properly placed on Clash’s CCE Shield in load out.
- Fixed – Multiple charms are clipping through Blitz’s and Clash’s shields.
- Fixed – Charms equipped on Clash’s shield are not visible in 3rd person view.
-Pick and ban
- Fixed – When Joining in Progress during a ban reveal, players will always see the blue smoke.
- Fixed – Joining in Progress with previously selected operator does not update teammates blocked operators.
- Fixed – During the ready screen, the sizes of the operator’s cards are not consistent.
- Fixed – The “Change floor” button is missing in the tactical map.
- Fixed – The bullet point that indicates the currently voted OP disappears after changing display mode.
- Fixed – Valkyrie Black Eye can see through the ceiling when placed on in a spot on 2F Bank.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Tellers Office allows Valkyrie’s Black Eye to see the corridor and staircase.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Archives allows throwable gadgets to reach 2F Skylight Stairwell.
- Fixed – Attacker drones can see through the ceiling underneath 1F Lobby and Bar.
- Fixed – Drone has no collision with the terrace edge from West Front Yard.
- Fixed – Ranked Match Action phase lasts for 4 minutes on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Equipping a shield drops the fps by 10–20 on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Unstable FPS in Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Maestro’s gadget is vulnerable by breaking cosmetic destruction, Small pinstripe carpets across the map.
- Fixed – Players can hide under a desk in 1F Prep Area.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wall and the ammo box in 1F Garage.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wooden planks located in EXT Barnyard.
- Fixed – Thatcher’s EMP grenade does not turn off the faux volumetric glow from the ceiling lights in EXT Barn.
- Fixed – Small gap in 2F bathroom ceiling on Hereford base rework.
- Fixed – Players can clip inside a wall using a deployable shield at 2F Workshop.
- Fixed – Players cannot pick up armor plates if the armor bag is deployed on a kettle in 3F Cigar Lounge.
- Fixed – Operators can get stuck inside a pile of boxes in 1F Office.
- Fixed – Player can vault inside the washing machine on Oregon.
- Fixed – If Buck mounts Tachanka’s LMG Turret with the Skeleton Key on and leaves it, no interaction can be made with the turret afterwards.
- Fixed – Clash can instantly go into ADS with her secondary after un–equipping her shield.
- Fixed – Clash is not able to use Observation Tools while her CCE shield is extended.
- Fixed – Instead of disappearing when Echo’s Yokai hover drone is disabled, the “Jump” button appears greyed out.
- Fixed – If a disabled Yokai hover drone is picked up and re–deployed, it will still be in the disabled state when redeployed.
- Fixed – Finka’s Spear308’s damage falloff over distance is too high.
- Fixed – Maverick’s blowtorch makes no sound on the first use on a wall.
- Fixed – Blowtorch SFX persists after Maverick is killed while using it.
- Fixed – Black Mirror can be destroyed from the other side of a reinforced wall.
- Fixed – Mira can place her Mirror under another destroyed Black Mirror.
Overwatch Pink Mercy Charity Skin, Shirt Raise $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research
Gaming can have such a positive impact on the world, and Overwatch is the latest example of when gamers collectively participate in an initiative to do something positive.
Blizzard announced it had raised $12.7 million for breast cancer research thanks to the sales of the Pink Mercy skin and t-shirt.
Per their announcement, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) will use the funds to examine every aspect of breast cancer diagnosis for women and men across the globe, and the funds will be dispersed between the Precision Prevention Initiative, the BCRF Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium Award, and 25 Annual BCRF Research Grants.
You can see more via the pie chart below:
Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Arrives
Rockstar Games’ new entry is available for pre-load on Friday, and with a whopping of required space that the game demands, taking advantage of the window to pre-load it may prove to be smart if you want to play the game the moment it goes live.
- Rainbow Six Siege Y3S3.1.2 Patch to Address Numerous Issues
- Overwatch Pink Mercy Charity Skin, Shirt Raise $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Arrives
- Override: Mech City Brawl Drops New Trailer
- For Honor Marching Fire DLC Trailer Launched
- Reigns: Game of Thrones Arriving this Week
- Analogue’s Mega Sg Let’s You Play Your Old Sega Video Games
News2 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News2 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News3 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News2 months ago
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailers Unveils Additional Features
News3 months ago
Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide: August 3rd, 2018
News2 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
News2 months ago
Gun Media Teases ‘Project Méliès’ But Fans Shouldn’t Show Interest, And Haven’t