A new update from Fortnite is introducing a new minigun and also addressing some bugs after a period of server downtime, and has hit PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The biggest takeaway from this update is the new minigun weapon for Battle Royale which can be found in both supply drops and chests and utilizes light ammo. According to Epic Games, it fires at “almost” the same speed as the SMG.
Epic Games stated that “some” console players are experiencing an issue with resolution and took to Twitter to say that “fixing this is a priority for us and we will let you know when we are ready to deploy a fix,”
Epic has promised to make it up to gamers for the long server downtime by offering freebies, which won’t be released until after 2.4.0 rolls out completely.
Epic also introduced the Cozy Campfire addition to Save the World.
More details regarding the update can be found in the Epic Games patch notes, which you can see here:
- Fixed an issue that was causing resolution problems
- In-game UI was appearing stretched
- Fixed an issue where some users would get unnecessarily long queue times while logging into the game.
- Fixed an issue where some users would have to wait in line additional time after their queue timer completed.
- Found in Chests and Supply drops
- Fires almost as quickly as SMG
- Uses Light ammo
- Suppressed Pistol
- Reduced drop chances of Epic variant by 20%.
- Reduced drop chances of Legendary variant by 33%.
- Added “Controller Auto Run” option.
- This enables/disables the auto run feature on controllers.
- Auto run, which was introduced in v2.3.0, is enabled by double clicking the left thumb stick on controllers.
- Fixed a few landscape areas that were barely below floor height before.
- This sometimes caused the majority of a structure to appear underground.
- Players can now shoot through the Soccer goal.
- Added “3D Resolution” slider to Video options on PC and Mac.
- This new preference allows you to set the resolution of the 3D world, without affecting the user interface.
- The range goes between 640×360 and your selected Display Resolution. Using a lower 3D Resolution may greatly improve frame rate.
- When selecting an overall Quality option, an appropriate 3D Resolution will be chosen automatically.
- Fixed a client crash that would get triggered by an audio cue.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from unmuting other players in the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect character model to display on the lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue causing entire walls to highlight when looking at a door.
- Fixed client hitching which could occur when the Chug Jug was found in game.
- Made engine performance improvements to how we process collision overlap events.
- Reduced network bandwidth usage when players are walking, and when they are standing still
Added spectator count UI to the HUD. This appears in game as a small eye in the lower left corner when there are active spectators. Better off not knowing? There is also an option to disable the feature under game options labeled “Show Spectator Count”.
Removed an unnecessary button prompt on the left side of the news widget.
Added a border highlight around item shop tiles when selecting them on consoles.
Fixed an issue allowing the old trap picker radial menu to open. This radial menu is no longer used for selecting traps.
Fixed an issue causing weapon icons to not display properly on the hotbar in some cases.
Fixed a few spots on the map and minimap that were rendered as black spots.
Fixed the floor under the hero not showing up when previewing emotes in the locker or item shop
Fixed emotes being offset if they were viewed in succession.
- Optimized the colored rarity effect on weapons and items to improve overall performance.
- Colors may look slightly different.
Corrected the drinking speed animation for the 15-second Chug Jug item.
Improved spatialization of loot chest audio by increasing the audio volume if you’re aiming at them.
Removed the static audio from living room televisions.
Fixed a directional audio issue when another player switches to a shotgun.
Removed footstep audio from dance emotes.
Fixed the missing collision on a window asset in Tilted Towers.
Fixed the landscape appearing jagged at medium-range distances.
Fixed flickering artifacts that are sometimes seen on the rivers while riding the Battle Bus.
Fixed an issue causing two items to spawn in the same location near Lonely Lodge.
- Fixed some seams in the terrain south of Anarchy Acres.
- Disabled the collision on the vines in Moisty Mire.
- Incorrect building piece can be highlighted when quickly entering build mode and swapping building pieces
- Mac clients are unable to see sniper or scoped AR scope reticle
- Using Cozy Campfire in the pre-game lobby appears to give full shields above player health bar after exiting bus
- In-game team player names aren’t appearing while spectating
- PS4 Resolution is significantly lower than it has been in the past.
- Chests occasionally have no loot in them
- Sometimes the first weapon found cannot be equipped
- Players will receive quests for “Blitz Mode” LTM
- This mode is not currently available
- We are working to remove this from available quests
- You cannot open the pause menu if you go into the DBNO state while in build mode.
SAVE THE WORLD
More options are available when interacting with items in the Hero Squad, Survivor Squads, and Armory. Schematics and people can be directly added to the Collection Book now!
- All allied players and Defenders in a 3×3 tile area around the Campfire are healed over time. Lasts until the fire has consumed its Durability. The Cozy Campfire trap schematic is available through the Event Store.
Two New Expedition Types
People Runs: A free to run expedition that lets you gather a small amount of People (resource).
Trap Runs: These expeditions will let you gather traps through expeditions.
Balancing changes on some existing expeditions.
Improved rewards, with slightly lower power costs.
- We’re continuing to iterate to make this better! Please tell us what you think!
The Anti-Material Charge hitbox will more reliably hit enemies in front of the Outlander on startup.
Fixed the healing visual effects not properly being removed when a player is healed from BASE M.D.
Additionally, the healing effect is now periodic instead of being applied as soon as you touch the affected BASE.
Husks from encampments will no longer spawn under the terrain.
Fixed problems working with the in-zone transfer UI for severely overflowed Storm Shield storage.
Please note: In a near future release, it will not be possible to claim expedition rewards while Storm Shield storage is overflowed. Respecting the storage limit is important to protecting player items.
Updated the frag grenade tooltip to reflect the recent changes to Keep Out and Cluster Bomb.
Cluster Bomb: Releases 6 cluster explosions around the impact site that will each do 25% of the original damage.
Keep Out!: Leaves a residual energy field, doing 15% of the initial grenade blast damage every 1 second, over 10 seconds.
Update the Cardio Feedback perk tooltip to properly display the base healing amount of 15 instead of 13.
Fixed many incorrect tooltips
Removed a few llamas from the store rotation: Double Llama, Fiver Llama, Six Pack Llama, Niner Llama.
The 3, 7 and 10 versions of this Llama still exist. This was done to focus on a smaller number of variants of this llama type.
Rebalanced the amount of starting ammunition for ranged weapons when picked up in the world.
- Legendary Hero Transformation Key has Defender Key image and description
- Hero and Defender art does not show when inspecting them from the armory
- Players are sometimes unable to select card choice when opening an Upgrade Llama.
- Items in the collection book cannot be evolved after leaving a zone.
- When inspecting an item located in the players inventory the display image may not appear properly.
- Dropped items may appear invisible to players, this is rare and the item can still be picked up.
- Teammate Player Icons are not shown on fullscreen map
- Hitching occurs during the in-zone day changing
- The ability to edit placed structures may become locked
- Chest loot speed is slower than normal
- Tactical perk china shop does not scale damage for higher theaters
- Inspecting a slotted survivor or defender on the Squads tab causes their portrait to persist in the background
- Show backpack setting does not change when toggled
- Playstation Trophy is not awarded in Save the World
- Defender is summoned with previously equipped weapon on second Defender Pad
- Name sorting does not apply to all items in schematic inventory
- BluGlo counter not working when in teams
- Station wagon cars are missing health bars and weak points
Epic Games Delays Fortnite Season 6, Implements 400% XP Bonus Weekend
Epic Games has announced that Fortnite Season 6 will be delayed until September 27th, two days after it’s initial release date of September 25th.
While the delay is a drag, Epic did unveil that this weekend would be 400% bonus XP, a nice consolation prize for the delay.
Blizzard Cracking Down on Pursuit, Visor, Third-Party Apps in Overwatch
The use of third-party apps such as Pursuit and Visor, are getting the crack down by Blizzard, who emailed a number of Overwatch players advising them to cease using the apps, primarily used to improve their performance in competitive games, in Overwatch.
“These programs provide benefits not normally achievable in the game, and detract from the integrity of the game environment,” Blizzard said, (h/t Sabriel Mastin on Twitter)
“This is only a warning and we are not penalising your Blizzard or Overwatch account at this time. Continued use of unauthorised third-party programs will result in action taken against your account.”
Destiny 2: Forsaken 220.127.116.11 Hotfix Tweaks Ace of Spades Quest, Telesto Bling Well Exploit
Bungie has implemented a brand new hotfix that addresses a few bugs, as well as tweaks the Ace of Spades quest to be much more easier to complete.
Hotfix 18.104.22.168 officially arrived on Thursday and in regards to the Ace of Spades Exotic quest, players no longer have to use a hand cannon to kill five invaders in Gambit, they can now complete the task by using a hand cannon in Gambit to kill general enemies.
The fix also addresses an exploit in the Blind Well horde mode in the Dreaming City.
Here are the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the mission “Awakening”
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons
- Turned off rejoin functionality in Gambit
- Epic Games Delays Fortnite Season 6, Implements 400% XP Bonus Weekend
- Blizzard Cracking Down on Pursuit, Visor, Third-Party Apps in Overwatch
- Destiny 2: Forsaken 22.214.171.124 Hotfix Tweaks Ace of Spades Quest, Telesto Bling Well Exploit
- Life is Strange 2 Launch Trailer Arrives
- Devil May Cry 5 TGS 2018 Trailer Shows Dante, V
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Introduces Cast of Big Hero 6
- Rainbow Six Siege Patch Adds Harsher Penalties for Team Killing
News1 month ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News2 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News2 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News1 month ago
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailers Unveils Additional Features
News2 months ago
Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide: August 3rd, 2018
News3 months ago
Destiny 2 Patch 1.2.3 Brings Sweeping Changes To Crucible
News1 month ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News1 month ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive