Looking for a blast from the past? Get ready, because Mutant League Football is making a return to consoles in 2018.
PCs brought back the 90’s classic back in October, but consoles are ready to bring it back this month.
Sometime in February or March, Chicago-based indie studio Digital Dreams, who created the game, will publish a free update to Mutant Football League adding a multi-season dynasty mode to the game.
“From the community’s reaction, they’re ecstatic with it so far,” Michael Mendheim said. While the PC launch scored an overall positive but middling response from critics, fan reviews on Steam are very positive.
“I feel really good about our game,” Mendheim said, “and I feel like we fulfilled our promises. We fulfilled every Kickstarter promise — well, with the exception that we have to add demons and werewolves; We’re building our models now and should have them in game soon.” Those will also be a free update.
“After the Kickstarter disaster (in 2013) we listened to the community,” Mendheim said. “They said we want a console game, and want it to be next-gen console game, and they said ‘Go build that, because we don’t want it to be a crappy mobile game.’ The most venomous critics yelled at me and almost castrated me.”
Looking for more nostalgia? Mutant League Football is bringing Tim Kitzrow in as play-by-play commentator.
You’ll remember Kitzrow as the voice of the “Boom-sha-kalaka” voice of NBA Jam.
“I think his voice and his humor have added so much to the product,” Mendheim said. “I think Tim was the olive in the martini. I was debating back and forth, ‘Can I do this, can it work?’ but it worked beautifully and I’m super happy about it.”
In case you’re wondering what the new mode will entail, Mendheim spoke at length about it.
“Dynasty mode wasn’t something we would have tackled before our ship [date],” Mendheim said. “Four weeks before that, the feedback was pretty resounding that people wanted more depth. We have really good engineers [Digital Dreams’ coding partners are in Ukraine] but only seven core people built this game. We’re hoping we can get it out in February, or March, and everyone will get it as a free upgrade. People will have a more robust Mutant Football League experience.”
“Our goal for Mutant Football League was to put out the best game we could with a reasonable amount of features that would allow us to ship the product,” Mendheim said. “We kept the scope in check, to avoid the pitfall of so many indie developers, to add a feature here and there, and they don’t end up shipping.
“But am I sick of the project? Hell no, I love this game,” Mendheim said. “I’m in love with sports played by mutants. I hope to make more of these games, and improve on the game we have.”
Rainbow Six Siege Y3S3.1.2 Patch to Address Numerous Issues
Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new patch this week that will intend to address a number of issues including a invisibility glitch, an Oregon washing machine exploit, and a number of other troublesome exploits that are wreaking havoc on gameplay.
While there is no set date for the arrival of the patch, it is expected to arrive this week and the notes are as follows:
- Fixed – Deployable shields placed perpendicular to a window prevent vaulting.
- Fixed – The operator is invisible when players load into game.
- Fixed – Pistols have their reticle misaligned with the center of the screen while shooting.
- Fixed – No toggle for Montagne and Pulse special abilities (now comes with toggle).
- Fixed – Cannot access Bulletproof Camera by pressing the secondary gadget button while prone.
- Fixed – While prone, using melee and standing up will switch the knife animation to shield.
- Fixed – The Stun Grenade VFX can be cancelled under certain conditions.
- Fixed – The squad leader remains alone in a match after one squad member leaves when the leader starts the match.
- Fixed – Latency, micro stutters and graphical issues after playing multiple matches and maps in the same Custom game session.
- Fixed – End of round timer does not stop when initiating the defuser plant at the last moment.
- Fixed – Clipping issue on Lion’s uniforms.
- Fixed – Hibana’s face appears washed off when equipped with the Yurei headgear.
- Fixed – Holding down both gadget buttons and releasing them in a certain order switches away from Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor.
- Fixed – The Chalkboard uniform for Hibana does not appear properly while in First Person.
- Fixed – Blitz’s arm is delayed when leaning, causing clipping issues with shield.
- Fixed – The observation tool icon is missing from the select spawn location screen for attackers in preparation phase in Ranked.
- Fixed – A second “Gold Lion Chibi” will float next to the weapon it is attached to.
- Fixed – Equipping a country flag charm on the SPSMG9 will also apply on Clash’s CCE shield.
- Fixed – Chibi charms are not properly placed on Clash’s CCE Shield in load out.
- Fixed – Multiple charms are clipping through Blitz’s and Clash’s shields.
- Fixed – Charms equipped on Clash’s shield are not visible in 3rd person view.
-Pick and ban
- Fixed – When Joining in Progress during a ban reveal, players will always see the blue smoke.
- Fixed – Joining in Progress with previously selected operator does not update teammates blocked operators.
- Fixed – During the ready screen, the sizes of the operator’s cards are not consistent.
- Fixed – The “Change floor” button is missing in the tactical map.
- Fixed – The bullet point that indicates the currently voted OP disappears after changing display mode.
- Fixed – Valkyrie Black Eye can see through the ceiling when placed on in a spot on 2F Bank.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Tellers Office allows Valkyrie’s Black Eye to see the corridor and staircase.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Archives allows throwable gadgets to reach 2F Skylight Stairwell.
- Fixed – Attacker drones can see through the ceiling underneath 1F Lobby and Bar.
- Fixed – Drone has no collision with the terrace edge from West Front Yard.
- Fixed – Ranked Match Action phase lasts for 4 minutes on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Equipping a shield drops the fps by 10–20 on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Unstable FPS in Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Maestro’s gadget is vulnerable by breaking cosmetic destruction, Small pinstripe carpets across the map.
- Fixed – Players can hide under a desk in 1F Prep Area.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wall and the ammo box in 1F Garage.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wooden planks located in EXT Barnyard.
- Fixed – Thatcher’s EMP grenade does not turn off the faux volumetric glow from the ceiling lights in EXT Barn.
- Fixed – Small gap in 2F bathroom ceiling on Hereford base rework.
- Fixed – Players can clip inside a wall using a deployable shield at 2F Workshop.
- Fixed – Players cannot pick up armor plates if the armor bag is deployed on a kettle in 3F Cigar Lounge.
- Fixed – Operators can get stuck inside a pile of boxes in 1F Office.
- Fixed – Player can vault inside the washing machine on Oregon.
- Fixed – If Buck mounts Tachanka’s LMG Turret with the Skeleton Key on and leaves it, no interaction can be made with the turret afterwards.
- Fixed – Clash can instantly go into ADS with her secondary after un–equipping her shield.
- Fixed – Clash is not able to use Observation Tools while her CCE shield is extended.
- Fixed – Instead of disappearing when Echo’s Yokai hover drone is disabled, the “Jump” button appears greyed out.
- Fixed – If a disabled Yokai hover drone is picked up and re–deployed, it will still be in the disabled state when redeployed.
- Fixed – Finka’s Spear308’s damage falloff over distance is too high.
- Fixed – Maverick’s blowtorch makes no sound on the first use on a wall.
- Fixed – Blowtorch SFX persists after Maverick is killed while using it.
- Fixed – Black Mirror can be destroyed from the other side of a reinforced wall.
- Fixed – Mira can place her Mirror under another destroyed Black Mirror.
Overwatch Pink Mercy Charity Skin, Shirt Raise $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research
Gaming can have such a positive impact on the world, and Overwatch is the latest example of when gamers collectively participate in an initiative to do something positive.
Blizzard announced it had raised $12.7 million for breast cancer research thanks to the sales of the Pink Mercy skin and t-shirt.
Per their announcement, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) will use the funds to examine every aspect of breast cancer diagnosis for women and men across the globe, and the funds will be dispersed between the Precision Prevention Initiative, the BCRF Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium Award, and 25 Annual BCRF Research Grants.
You can see more via the pie chart below:
Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Arrives
Rockstar Games’ new entry is available for pre-load on Friday, and with a whopping of required space that the game demands, taking advantage of the window to pre-load it may prove to be smart if you want to play the game the moment it goes live.
- Rainbow Six Siege Y3S3.1.2 Patch to Address Numerous Issues
- Overwatch Pink Mercy Charity Skin, Shirt Raise $12.7 Million for Breast Cancer Research
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Arrives
- Override: Mech City Brawl Drops New Trailer
- For Honor Marching Fire DLC Trailer Launched
- Reigns: Game of Thrones Arriving this Week
- Analogue’s Mega Sg Let’s You Play Your Old Sega Video Games
News2 months ago
Bungie Outlines Infamy, Gambit Ranking System for Destiny 2: Forsaken
News2 months ago
Overwatch Summer Games Returning This Week
News3 months ago
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Rainbow Six Siege Crossover Mission Now Available
News2 months ago
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailers Unveils Additional Features
News3 months ago
Destiny 2 Xur Location Guide: August 3rd, 2018
News2 months ago
No Man’s Sky Update 1.55 Is Out
News2 months ago
The MP5 Returns to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
News2 months ago
Gun Media Teases ‘Project Méliès’ But Fans Shouldn’t Show Interest, And Haven’t